Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh kadokawa are there.

As the new owners of From Software I'm most interested in waking up the next day to see what surprises they have.

From did hint very recently they had a totally new IP planned though I've no idea it thats at an announce trailer stage even. What ever it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From did hint very recently they had a totally new IP planned though I've no idea it thats at an announce trailer stage even. What ever it is.

From have been pumping out games and DLC expnasions almost yearly now so I wouldn't be surprised if something is shown or released. Bloodbourne was shown 2 years before release, I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

From have been pumping out games and DLC expnasions almost yearly now so I wouldn't be surprised if something is shown or released. Bloodbourne was shown 2 years before release, I think.

Its shown in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sure Sony 'won' E3 last year with Final Fantasy 7 and Shenmue, games we won't be touching for years yet - and one they wanted us to fund up front too.
    Yeah, that was embarrassing for Sony last year.

Coming out asking their fans to fund Shenmue instead of getting behind the game themselves and simply announcing the game was coming.

They can't go too wrong this year by showing off some VR stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I feel more embarassed for the sheeple gamers and press that fell for it.

Sony on the other hand knew exactly what they were doing. They had very little for the year and knew it but played it magnificently. Sony can't do anything wrong in the eyes of a lot of people and they know it and are playing up to it. In E3 terms it's a good thing for me. An over confident Sony breeds hubris which leads to hilarity but I doubt we'll see anything but a very confident showing from Sony. Unlike last year Sony now have a lot in the pipeline to back themselves up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I feel more embarassed for the sheeple gamers and press that fell for it.

Sony on the other hand knew exactly what they were doing. They had very little for the year and knew it but played it magnificently. Sony can't do anything wrong in the eyes of a lot of people and they know it and are playing up to it. In E3 terms it's a good thing for me. An over confident Sony breeds hubris which leads to hilarity but I doubt we'll see anything but a very confident showing from Sony. Unlike last year Sony now have a lot in the pipeline to back themselves up.

I'm still astonished that people actually went on to the Kickstarter and paid Sony to make it, knowing full well they'll have to pay for the actual game when it comes out.

It's baffling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Sony can't do anything wrong in the eyes of a lot of people

And they didn't. It was a great move.

This is all a business people; get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the problem with Shenmue was that they would have looked at the sales figures of Shenmue 2, and it's hard to quantify demand for a sequel on chat forums, so I can understand why they didn't want to front up big money.

realistically they probably should have dipped their toes in the water with a HD re-release of the first two, and decided based on that, but at the end of the day it's getting made and should make a lot of people very happy.

Honestly Sony knew that even if it didn't have much traction the extremely vocal minority that did care would drum up free PR for them.

Shenmue 3 when it does get made won't sell that well and the amount of backers is kind of small compared to what the game needs to break even. However the announcement probably sold a hell of a lot of PS4s indirectly.

If it ever gets made I'll be extremely surprised but the fact that there's a chance it will get made now isn't exactly a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly Sony knew that even if it didn't have much traction the extremely vocal minority that did care would drum up free PR for them.

Shenmue 3 when it does get made won't sell that well and the amount of backers is kind of small compared to what the game needs to break even. However the announcement probably sold a hell of a lot of PS4s indirectly.

If it ever gets made I'll be extremely surprised but the fact that there's a chance it will get made now isn't exactly a bad thing.

If half the people excited for it bought the past games it'd be something but I get the feeling most people who were excited never played it & the game had this mythical, nobody will ever make this status through word of mouth. I'd never back anything on Kickstarter but the poor explanation of it last year & then double dipping with Slacker Backer would turn me off the idea.
    Strange that so much has leaked about E3 already even stuff like XCOM 2 for consoles announced is a big enough deal to be announced on stage. I'll puke if I hear any more remasters it's ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement

There's always leaks around this time. You also have smaller publishers announcing games before E3. We got a western release date for Persona yesterday, that's all I need to be happy :)

One from 3 years ago I'd forgotten about is Below, it's been shown at e3 in subsequent years so hopefully we get to see that in a near finished state this year, but I don't recall seeing anything more about it outside of e3 events so I'm far from hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Strange that so much has leaked about E3 already even stuff like XCOM 2 for consoles announced is a big enough deal to be announced on stage. I'll puke if I hear any more remasters it's ridiculous at this stage.

Better not watch the Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption remaster reveals then. Yeah I know there are a lot. even the PS4 and Xbox One consoles themselves are getting remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Oh kadokawa are there.

As the new owners of From Software I'm most interested in waking up the next day to see what surprises they have.

Kadokawa are also having an event in japan on the 13th so they clearly have some big stuff to announce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Very handy timetable courtesy of: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k

Cj6TK4bUgAEzx1c.jpg:large

Any chance this timetable can be edited into the 1st post on the thread for all our sakes please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,632 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cormac... wrote: »
    Any chance this timetable can be edited into the 1st post on the thread for all our sakes please?

Unable to edit my post anymore but if a Mod can add that timetable, would be a good help alright.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Kadokawa are also having an event in japan on the 13th so they clearly have some big stuff to announce

They've been buying up quite a few high profile developers so have been making a big splash into videogame publishing so I'd expect some decent announcements from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Better not watch the Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption remaster reveals then. Yeah I know there are a lot. even the PS4 and Xbox One consoles themselves are getting remastered

Bioshock has been rumoured for ages too. They will be close to running out of last gen IP's soon enough, not much left when Resi 6 remastered is an actual thing that exists.
    The best rumour I heard is Knack 2....:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,632 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Every single second of this video is completely spot on :pac:

"At least Ubisoft started off this year right, with a sequel no one asked for, for a game no one ****ing liked"

For a pretty clued in guy, he's fierce annoying though. And that's coming from someone who is admittedly annoying :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Cormac... wrote: »
    For a pretty clued in guy, he's fierce annoying though. And that's coming from someone who is admittedly annoying :o

This is Francis, the character, not Steven, the guy himself.

Otacon wrote: »
    This is Francis, the character, not Steven, the guy himself.

I know, I just wish he'd stop :pac:

I like his stuff when he acts normal. Not the whole "Cartman freaks out and smashes his console" sthick

Like I know it's taking the mick out of the entitled gaming generation, but still, I maybe should have clarified "acting annoying"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Some people enjoy it though, and they're well marked so easy to avoid.
    For the vast majority of youtube channels I'm subscribed to, there is certain content that I would routinely skip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sooo... this was trademarked.

CkbrgDIUkAAqKeR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

So lets talk about Half-Life 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BAN PLZ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After Valve backing that Star Wars Battlefront 3 fan remake for a Steam release, I love EA to walk out on stage and announced Half life 3 just to **** with Valve and how ludicrous they're being.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Half Life 3 confirmed? Quick, go bump the Half Life 3 thread. It's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Varik wrote: »
    After Valve backing that Star Wars Battlefront 3 fan remake for a Steam release, I love EA to walk out on stage and announced Half life 3 just to **** with Valve and how ludicrous they're being.

What!? can someone elaborate on the above please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

What!? can someone elaborate on the above please?

Linky. I don't think it will see the light of day myself, but we'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement