Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sure don't Valve make a hat of money (pun intended) from a Team Fortress 2. No wonder they ain't fussed making HL3.

Anyway Sony confirmed that 4K but it won't be at E3. I kinda expect bad news regards pricing & upgrades now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-10-sony-confirms-playstation-4k

• Registered Users Posts: 29,631 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fully sure that would be revealed at E3 unless you're right and some bad news will come with it. Will be some time before I get a 4K telly anyway so not pushed. It's gonna be all about the VR so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The level 25 booster were added well back, when they changed it from when you used to get XP to level to 20 and then use light from equipment to get to 30.

They changed the game and converted light boosted level 30 to actual level 30, and then the taken king came out which raised the limit to 40. You're light was on top of this.

They're pointless now but there was a reason for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fully sure that would be revealed at E3 unless you're right and some bad news will come with it. Will be some time before I get a 4K telly anyway so not pushed. It's gonna be all about the VR so.

I wouldn't worry about it, high end PCs can't push 4k yet in modern games without multiple graphics cards. I don't think we will be seeing 4k gaming on a console in the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    And them level 25 boosters cost like €30 is it? Crazy money for something which means f*ck all in terms of level wise in destiny.

I've no problem with micro-transactions as long as there only cosmetics and don't take anything away from the game if you don't buy them or give you a way to unlock them through actually playing the game. But keeping certain items locked behind a paywall no matter how small they are is kinda petty.

I've still got some problem with cosmetic monetisation. If it's a less than full priced game it's not as bad. If they that's the way they were going to handle it early on and people backed it, also ok since you're getting what you payed for and they're delivering on promises.

But full priced games like Dead Or Alive and I think it was Street Fighter or a SFXTekken game, where it's a 60 quid game and then you buy the most mediocre cosmetics ever... like literally a colour swap. And to add insult to injury opponents online don't even see the cosmetic unless they also bought the DLC! You can say cosmetics don't matter to gameplay but they do matter to the game in terms of content. Older games or some FGs like Tekken still have lots and lots of cosmetic items, often rivalling DLC packs... all at no charge beyond the price you pay for the game.
    Lu Tze wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it, high end PCs can't push 4k yet in modern games without multiple graphics cards. I don't think we will be seeing 4k gaming on a console in the next few years

Not so true. They can push 4K but just not at acceptable FPS. And what console publishers and players see as acceptable framerates is a lot different than tech or graphics enthusiasts you often find on pc. Although I think the new console tiers are suppossedly making 60fps a must have for their games that support the new hardware. It's kind of sad that 60fps is only a standard now after a further upgraded 8th gen. That kind of performance has been around for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The Nvidia Geforce GTX1080 can push 4k @ 30fps (minimum) on a single card.

You won't see similar performance in consoles for at least another generation (i.e. aorund 2022).

Something that has come up between me and and pals in recent months is how nearly 3 year into this gen of consoles we aren't seeing the volume of retail games we had last gen. Ok plenty of smaller downloadable titles but if anything the releases seem to have slowed significantly in the last year in terms of retail AAA or even B grade games through out the year. It can't be only me seeing this surely?

In terms of myself, I have bought 4 games this year .... 4 !!!! thats obviously excluding smaller download games and digital stuff on sale. Anyone who knows me would know thats a "have you gone off games" number to be buying. The answer is I haven't far from it it's just the releases aren't there in the same frequency, and I would be someone willing to ignore a review of a so called B grade title and have a look for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Something that has come up between me and and pals in recent months is how nearly 3 year into this gen of consoles we aren't seeing the volume of retail games we had last gen. Ok plenty of smaller downloadable titles but if anything the releases seem to have slowed significantly in the last year in terms of retail AAA or even B grade games through out the year. It can't be only me seeing this surely?

In terms of myself, I have bought 4 games this year .... 4 !!!! thats obviously excluding smaller download games and digital stuff on sale. Anyone who knows me would know thats a "have you gone off games" number to be buying. The answer is I haven't far from it it's just the releases aren't there in the same frequency, and I would be someone willing to ignore a review of a so called B grade title and have a look for myself.

[offtopic]Funny enough, last week or so, I was reading an article on the death of the middle market where the author mentioned that the big triple-A publishers were tending towards fewer and fewer releases but betting bigger with each.[/offtopic]

Will we hear anything about Shenmue III this year and if so, who from?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hell they can barely push 1080p @60fps...and the XB1 fails miserably at this..
    What MS should have done was drop the kinect after the first debacle of it and put that money towards a better gpu much like they're doing for XB1 v2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Will we hear anything about Shenmue III this year and if so, who from?

I get constant updates as I'm in the kickstarter project and to be honest not much is done so far. They are still going around to concept artists and putting story boards together, it's still very early days.

You are looking at a few years off yet as there is no game footage of it at all yet. It's still all on paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think 8th gen is a dissapointment overall. it's why I skipped it. I couldn't see myself buying very many games and I'd have probably ended up on the PS+ welfare. I used to think 7th gen was bad but looking back it seems quite decent compared to what we're getting. Building a pc was a good move because its kept me buying games. Not the latest AAA releases but it encouraged me to find my niche, explore older games etc. I made a post listing my spending in a relevant thread... I think price is also a reason I've still been buying games. I think I've bought more games in the years I've had my computer than all my days living on console and at a fraction of the price.
    Last year looked like €200ish on

€6.89 Terraria
    €5.61 Black Mirror 3
    €5.00 Killer is dead
    €2 Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
    €16.34 Divinity Original Sin (GOG upgraded me to Enhanced Edition)
    €2.49 Vangaurd Princess
    €29.34 The Witcher 3
    €3.28 Gray Matter & Harvester
    €5.57 Far Cry 2 & Super Hexagon & FTL
    €0.99 X-Blades
    €44.99 MGSV
    €2.99 Nekopara Vol.0
    €1.23 Nidhogg X2 pack
    €4.18 The Cat Lady & Sanitarium
    €2.78 Bloodrayne & Redline
    €3.89 Pathologic HD upgrade (Discount because I owned the original)
    €9 Fallout NV (all DLC)
    €11.19 Homeworld Remastered
    €3.22 Max Payne 1/2
    €7.99 Metro Redux Bundle
    €2.29 Dark Fall 3
    €11.15 Warframe Platinum (1k & 75% discount)
    €3.74 Alpha Protocol

For 2016 I've spent only 26 quid on

€22.49 Dragon's Dogma
    €3.79 Space Marines (all DLC)

And I've got 50 quid in mind for Tekken 7 if it manages to get a PC release... otherwise it's time to hara-kiri. One of the only games I can think of that I'd buy at full price.

It's why I'd sell an 8th generation console if anyone ever gifted me one for a holiday or birthday. I just wouldn't be buying any games for it or very few.

Not that I'm asking for them ever to come back but its telling you NEVER see movie tie ins anymore & less new ips like Dead Space or Bayonetta being risked. You'll be choking on remakes or sequels tho. Don't care what system your playing there aint loads of games to get you excited. Not sure any limitations of the systems is the answer either.
    Games like the Witcher 3 just are rare but streets ahead of the competition, it so far ahead of Fallout 4 it's embarrassing which one was released first. We're being asked to buy season passes more often too extend longevity of what we buy but most games with those tend to die an even quicker death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

They can upscale games to 4k, but it's still technically 1080p it just matches a 4k screen. I explained that poorly but I think you should follow, its for people who have 4k screens already, there's zero point in upgrading to one as you'll have no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Remedy Games won't be making an appearance at E3 this year.
    First things first: we’ll continue supporting Quantum Break, which became the “biggest-selling new Microsoft Studios published IP this generation”. It’s something we’re extremely proud of, so thank you to all of our fans for making the game a success and our long-time partner Microsoft for helping us create something unique.

Keep playing, giving feedback and spreading the word! We’re working on another update for the game, so stay tuned for details over at our community forums.

As for the future, we have some very exciting news to share. Moving forward, we want to create more games and hopefully get them out more often. In order to achieve this, Remedy has expanded into two game development teams.
    For a while now already, we’ve been developing a brand new Remedy game with a new partner. Our second team is working on an early concept, which will turn into another Remedy game sometime in the future.

We can’t wait to show and tell you more about these new projects, but if there’s anything we’ve learned from the past, it’s that we should have the patience to announce games when they’re ready enough. So don’t expect us take the stage at E3 or gamescom this year.
    Remedy has developed games for over 20 years. We’re very thrilled about the AAA games we have in the works and where we are as a studio right now. With several positions open, it’s the perfect time to join us!

Finally, we feel that it’s important to set the expectations right and let you, the fans, know that neither of the two projects currently in development is an Alan Wake game. We’re working on something else, but at the same time we’re exploring opportunities in other mediums to tell more Alan Wake stories.
    We have plenty of exciting endeavors to come, and we hope you stay along for the ride.

Thomas Puha
    Head of Communications

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just a bit over 9 hours to go for the EA conference to kick off E3 officially. Alot of Battlefield 1 is a given.

On a much more lighter note, my brother and I will be doing a 'Eurovision Song Contest' style commentary on the E3 shows, starting with EAs tonight. We will be over at www.twitch.tv/fenlig from 8.30pm if you want to watch the show with a twist. We have been doing this for a few years now and we do it for the laugh, which if we are all honest, all E3 really is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,631 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Like other years can someone make a thread just for videos when they become available? Usually about 20-30 pages to go through every morning, will be handy to have a seperate place for videos of games and conferences.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Like other years can someone make a thread just for videos when they become available? Usually about 20-30 pages to go through every morning, will be handy to have a seperate place for videos of games and conferences.

This x100.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,829 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll be watching the Canadian GP this evening. When that is finished, the EA conference will begin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'll be watching the Canadian GP this evening. When that is finished, the EA conference will begin :cool:

It's looking like a ridiculous day for me: 3 Euro 2016 matches, EA conference, Game of Thrones at 2 and then Bethesda at 3.

Might throw the racing up on the laptop too. The good weather can wait. :o

• Advertisement

Will we see Borderlands 3? Gearbox have said they are working on it but doubt they would have much outside of a claptrap video for an announcement at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bethesda conference should be the highlight for today (or tonight, you know what I mean :p ) as ea generally focuses on sports titles in recent conferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

I wonder what sports star they'll have showing us the new FIFA/Madden. Now with 50% extra football.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What are we expecting from Bethesda anyways? Skyrim remaster looks to be on the cards, anyone know what else could be shown or is it a bit of a mystery yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wonder what sports star they'll have showing us the new FIFA/Madden. Now with 50% extra football.

The EA sports stuff is always good for a cringe. Think it was Pele last year for Fifa and for Need For Speed, they lowered a sports car from the ceiling, which was supposed to blow everyone's mind apparently.

Looking forward to Ubisoft and Aisha Tyler trying to make hashtag memes again. So painful to watch.

martyos121 wrote: »
    What are we expecting from Bethesda anyways? Skyrim remaster looks to be on the cards, anyone know what else could be shown or is it a bit of a mystery yet?

Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein 2, some Fallout 4 dlc, Prey 2. Supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,829 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J. Marston wrote: »
    The EA sports stuff is always good for a cringe. Think it was Pele last year for Fifa and for Need For Speed, they lowered a sports car from the ceiling, which was supposed to blow everyone's mind apparently.

I didn't see the EA conference last year, but at the Xbox one they lowered down a Ford GT as it is the cover car on Forza Motorsport 6.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope bethesda announce some more big map sized dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Prey 2 would be nice. First game is a classic in my opinion. One of those good early 'next gen' games at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

What time are MS on at tomorrow ?. Sony is normally like 1am isn't it tomorrow night ?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement