Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

There are rumours of a new Quake game in the works, interesting coming on the back heel of Doom.

I'd love a new Quake if it was a return to the Medieval settings like the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,635 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really hope Everybody's Golf 7 gets shown and release date revealed. It was announced on EU PSN blog back in December for a 2016 release. Not big into golf games but that is one brilliant series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Really hope Everybody's Golf 7 gets shown and release date revealed. It was announced on EU PSN blog back in December for a 2016 release. Not big into golf games but that is one brilliant series.

That and Mario golf are the two secret best golf game series. Not surprisingly they are near identical and made by the same development team (who used to make the shining force games).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That and Mario golf are the two secret best golf game series. Not surprisingly they are near identical and made by the same development team (who used to make the shining force games).

Yeah both excellent golf games but still short of the best ever. :P

leaderboard_03.gif

Has there been any word if The Last Guardian will make an appearance at E3? I'd like to see how that's getting on, maybe a teaser of some new gameplay element.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Has there been any word if The Last Guardian will make an appearance at E3? I'd like to see how that's getting on, maybe a teaser of some new gameplay element.

Doubt it. Still annoyed at the gamer hivemind saying Sony won the last E3 based on the ff7 remake, shenmue 3 and last guardian. If there's any 3 games that have a chance of being vapourware it's them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Nothing official, but it's still down as releasing this year, so I'd imagine we will see something on it.

There's been mock ups in game shops as well which usually means it's fairly nailed down so maybe.

I'll believe it when I see it in shops :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I wonder will Bethesda announce the second wave of DLC for Fallout 4.

I'm kind of hoping that Ubi will do an AC2 with the Watch Dogs sequel. First AC was boring but had the bones of a good game in there which led to the much better AC2. Watch Dogs was boring but the general idea is good and a sequel could be better if they improve on the formula.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wonder will Bethesda announce the second wave of DLC for Fallout 4.

Yes Please :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't even joke.

I'm not joking................I never joke when it comes to LOG :-|

• Advertisement

Yes Please :)

I just want Bethasda to make better game than Fallout 4. It felt like a Ubisoft game rather than a proper RPG. Pretty much the most over rated and disappointing game in recent years and glad to see opinions turning against it in the last few weeks.

I was in Gamestop the other day checking for bargains, shockingly there was none, but staff gave me a list of upcoming releases for the year. Got home had a look and Last Guardian was down for an August release. I scoffed and threw the list in the bin but maybe there's something to it after all.

Last few weeks? Its been getting criticized for months. People picked up on its flaws early enough.

Last few weeks? Its been getting criticized for months. People picked up on its flaws early enough.

Didn't help how Witcher 3 pissed all over it, made it look/play even worse. Speaking of CDPR, would be class to see some gameplay of Cyberpunk, cannot wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Doubt it. Still annoyed at the gamer hivemind saying Sony won the last E3 based on the ff7 remake, shenmue 3 and last guardian. If there's any 3 games that have a chance of being vapourware it's them!

FF7 remake will be fine, it's CC2 making it and they can deliver

...on everything but .hack :(

Didn't help how Witcher 3 pissed all over it, made it look/play even worse. Speaking of CDPR, would be class to see some gameplay of Cyberpunk, cannot wait for that.

I think the hype train didnt help it at all. People were expecting it to be groundbreaking and it could never live up to those high standards. It's still a great game and i've really enjoyed though.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    FF7 remake will be fine, it's CC2 making it and they can deliver

...on everything but .hack :(

Oh never knew cyber connect 2 were involved. They can make some excellent games when they put their hearts into it although they usually reserve that for their own IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm kind of hoping that Ubi will do an AC2 with the Watch Dogs sequel. First AC was boring but had the bones of a good game in there which led to the much better AC2. Watch Dogs was boring but the general idea is good and a sequel could be better if they improve on the formula.

They will need to have a more engaging storyline and have more interesting characters. Aiden in the first game was just boring.

I just want Bethasda to make better game than Fallout 4. It felt like a Ubisoft game rather than a proper RPG. Pretty much the most over rated and disappointing game in recent years and glad to see opinions turning against it in the last few weeks.

I think the opinion on it was there from launch when folks realised who short the main quest line was and how rubbish all the factions were.

That and elder scrolls need to be looked at in a big way going forward, if they announced a new ES game at E3 I'd find it very hard to get overly excited about it unless some meaningful changes to the quest system and a few other areas where announced with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah both excellent golf games but still short of the best ever. :P

leaderboard_03.gif

You posted the wrong picture. Think you meant to post this one
    hqdefault.jpg

If you can't guess it's
    Crazy Golf on the Spectrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I thought R* are having their own conference at E3 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I thought R* are having their own conference at E3 this year?

No.

So far, EA (not at E3 but still a conference elsewhere), Bethesda, Ubisoft, Sony, Microsoft and PC gaming.

CDPR confirm Cyberpunk won't be making an appearance at E3 as they still have a lot of work to do with it but they will be there to show something else.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-25-cyberpunk-2077-e3-cd-projekt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd be guessing an online gwent game.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'd be guessing an online gwent game.

Great, now I'll be severely disappointed if it's anything BUT an online Gwent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Great, now I'll be severely disappointed if it's anything BUT an online Gwent game.

http://www.redeemGwent.com

Worked out €27 for 2 decks for me.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    http://www.redeemGwent.com

Worked out €27 for 2 decks for me.

Yeah i ordered the Blood and Wine decks (northern realms and nilf empire), came to 17.70 euro. Should arrive July and mad to give them a go. An online version on the phone would be class although im guessing you could build a string deck fairly quick compared to other games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's been some more hints at Halo games coming to the PC, so i'd love to see them release the Master Chief collection on it.

Other than that, and since CyberPunk 2077 won't be there, i'd like a few new IP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Cyberpunk 2077 won't be there!? Whyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Also I guess we are now in to that period where games get revealed a head of e3. Always preferred everything to get shown at the show itself. But it's a trend in recent years.

• Advertisement

CDPR confirm Cyberpunk won't be making an appearance at E3 as they still have a lot of work to do with it but they will be there to show something else.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-25-cyberpunk-2077-e3-cd-projekt

FFS they showed it 4years ago, I get they were busy with W3 but I wish developers would stop doing this and only show us games that are a year away max.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement