Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options
  • 17-05-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭

I think it goes without saying that EVERYONE here will be tuning in to see what Watchdogs 2 looks like but what else are you looking forward to?

For me, I think the biggest possible reveal would be Rockstar announcing Red Dead Redemption 2 (Red Dead 3), possibly teaming up with the Sony Press Conference again.

Low points for me will be all the VR demo WOOOWWWW AMAZEBALLS reactions.

13266047_10153571859553015_8876537432216366717_n.png?oh=6356f7ccba068aa16a8106b2a2e85581&oe=57A2C13A

Mod edit: Very handy timetable courtesy of: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k

Cj6TK4bUgAEzx1c.jpg:large

Comments

lifted from a reddit post
    EA: June 12, 9PM GMT
    Bethesda: June 13, 3AM GMT
    Microsoft: June 13, 5:30PM GMT
    PC Gaming Show: June 13, 8PM GMT
    Ubisoft: June 13, 9PM GMT
    Sony: June 14,, 2AM GMT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some proper Battlefield 1 footage would be nice to see. It's been shown in private to journalists/youtubers, but not to actual players yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm looking forward to seeing Zelda. Pity it's the only thing worthwhile that Nintendo will be showing (probably).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm getting more and more hyped for Final Fantasy XV, so I'd like to see some more of that.

Would be interested to see if Kojima has anything to annouce at this E3. Early days for his new studio but maybe something to tease?

I'm also interested in new Zelda but I don't expect to hear anything on that :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Year after year E3 becomes less relevant as companies have realised that they're better off managing their own BS Marketing Hype in-house. I predict more lies and from Ubisoft and more horrible embarrassingly awful tat from the PC section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Elder's scroll game from Bethesda?

Probably won't be that lucky :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder if Naughty Dog will tease The Last of Us 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

New Elder's scroll game from Bethesda?

Probably won't be that lucky :rolleyes:

I dunno, can't be too long. Skyrim is almost 5 years old, and was a 5 year gap between Oblivion and Skyrim. If we don't get something this year, has to be next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

titan18 wrote: »
    I dunno, can't be too long. Skyrim is almost 5 years old, and was a 5 year gap between Oblivion and Skyrim. If we don't get something this year, has to be next year.

That's what I'm thinking too but I've a feeling it could be next year.

That's what I'm thinking too but I've a feeling it could be next year.

Wasn't Fallout 4 out with in 6 months of the announcement last year?

What else could they have worth turning up to E3 for. Off the top of my head they only have Dishonored 2 and an Elder Scrolls themed card collecting game on the books.

Find it hard to get my hopes up for a new ES game after Fallout 4 , sure I'd no doubt enjoy it but both games are in bad need of a shake up at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Don't forget that ESO was their sequel to Skyrim...

It'll be a big Dishonoured 2 I reckon, makes the most sense from Bethesda. They'll also detail the "multiplayer season pass" content for Doom that I'm pretty sure no one cares about.

EA will have Battlefield and whatever the new Star Wars that Respawn are working on is I'd say and they'll keep trying to flog the dead horse that is Battlefront.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No Nintendo so it's going to be a corporate show of chest beating from Sony and Microsoft. MS have always had boring corporate presentations for their shows but I hope to see more scalebound and that Inafune game that I forgot the name of.

Sony are cruising and just have to show up and it's kind of undeserved due to the poor quantity of exclusives on the PS4. As a PC owner my PS4 has done nothing but disappoint me and collected dust for the most part. I'd like to see more exclusives rolled out at E3. At least we knoe they are coming with some weirder Japanese stuff in the pipeline that won't be rolled out, but some new big announcements would be nice.

However I fell that this show will be dedicated to PS VR and the 4K model which is nothing going to terribly excite me.

Not looking forward to it that much but will probably stay up well past bed time to watch the presentations anyway. Even Sony aren't going to give us a good show then the next best thing is a 2005 style disaster that only Sony can do when it's in complacency mode.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Don't forget that ESO was their sequel to Skyrim...

It'll be a big Dishonoured 2 I reckon, makes the most sense from Bethesda. They'll also detail the "multiplayer season pass" content for Doom that I'm pretty sure no one cares about.

EA will have Battlefield and whatever the new Star Wars that Respawn are working on is I'd say and they'll keep trying to flog the dead horse that is Battlefront.

ESO was Zenimax though not Bethesda Game Studios who have handled most of the other ES games and DLC which now I think about it maybe ties them to fallout 4 DLC for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think it goes without saying that EVERYONE here will be tuning in to see what Watchdogs 2 looks like

I'll save us the hassle:

E3:

gamings-greatest-graphics-myst.jpg

On release:

Village.png

:o

Do I recall hearing R* would be at e3? Or maybe it it was just about Take-Two talking a big game :confused:

Red Dead 2 please !!!!!!! and a new Bioshock title, but all we'll get are the hd remasters there I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hoping to see Read Dead Redemption 2 and a new Fight Night game from EA mainly. Would like to see a lot more of Sun and Moon but Nintendo will probably be shoving other tripe down our throats instead.

If Ubisoft don't show anything about the new South Park, I'll assume they've scrapped it.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hoping to see Read Dead Redemption 2 and a new Fight Night game from EA mainly. Would like to see a lot more of Sun and Moon but Nintendo will probably be shoving other tripe down our throats instead.

If Ubisoft don't show anything about the new South Park, I'll assume they've scrapped it.

Still on the card , it did slip form a Q2 release to a Q4 or Q1 2017 release though. Was mentioned in a recent fiscal call by Ubi, relase date to be confirmed at E3

http://www.thebitbag.com/south-park-fractured-whole-release-date-game-show-e3-mentioned-fiscal-reports/149765

Still on the card , it did slip form a Q2 release to a Q4 or Q1 2017 release though. Was mentioned in a recent fiscal call by Ubi, relase date to be confirmed at E3

http://www.thebitbag.com/south-park-fractured-whole-release-date-game-show-e3-mentioned-fiscal-reports/149765

Brilliant, loved the first game despite it being short and having no replay value. The gameplay was fine and there's no need to change it too much but I just want a longer game and twice as many jokes and easter eggs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone Looking for red dead 2 rockstar never show up to e3. They usually start the hype machine only a few weeks before release, probably around September.

For GTA V, Rockstar teamed up with Sony to announce it at their conference, hopefully they do the same with RDR.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone Looking for red dead 2 rockstar never show up to e3. They usually start the hype machine only a few weeks before release, probably around September.

While they don't usually make any announcements at E3 (except two years ago when Sony announced the next gen remaster of GTA V), that statement is untrue. The hype for GTA V was going for about two years before they released it, delays aside. RDR was announced around 18 months before release. Max Payne 3 was officially announced to be in development three years in advance IIRC.

They are pretty much the opposite of a company that starts hype just a few weeks before release actually.

That's not to say they will be at E3, just that it isn't wholely unlikely.

Maybe so but it's usually just rumours. There's usually no details released until the first viral sites and then teaser trailer a few weeks before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am looking forward to the new business bullshít lingo that will be added to our lexicon this year. Can we have words that might surpass the quality of 'Levolution' or 'Driveatar'?

It'd be nice if they actually announced the game though! :D it's one thing not giving us any trailers until release is near, but technically speaking the game isn't even real yet (it is, but ye know what I mean).

Well I remember the last big conference Guerilla were saying the hit point figures popping up when enemies where hit were called a real time battle heads up display or some other rubbish as if they had just invented it, maybe they can provide some comedy especially if they send some marketing goon up instead of a developer.

As for Rockstar, I want them to announce a new Bully. For me that and the Warriors is the best rockstar has created.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

There's usually no details released until the first viral sites and then teaser trailer a few weeks before launch.

I don't think that's true, they usually announced the game a year before release, although it can be longer due to delays. GTA IV and V were announced 2 years before release, RDR 1 year.

As for E3.. Stand by for Titanfall (2)!! And in the wishful thinking category, Left 4 Dead 3 :(

Everything I hope for at E3, I'd trade it all for a proper PS4 Crash Bandicoot game, not one of the crap ones brought out when the brand was sold off, something along the lines of the first three, even a reimagining of those similar to what happened to Ratchet and Clank.

That one is a bit of a longshot though, I'll admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Xbox 1.5?

Well I remember the last big conference Guerilla were saying the hit point figures popping up when enemies where hit were called a real time battle heads up display or some other rubbish as if they had just invented it, maybe they can provide some comedy especially if they send some marketing goon up instead of a developer.

As for Rockstar, I want them to announce a new Bully. For me that and the Warriors is the best rockstar has created.

Bully was a game I ignored for a long time because of the fuss kicked up at the time which gave me the completely wrong impression of it , actually I didn't even realise it was a R* title at the time. Played it a number of years later and thoroughly enjoyed it. There have been rumours of a squeal for a few years , last I heard was them registering a domain or IP connected to it 2 or 3 years ago. WHich usually means a whole lot of nothing in itself. Must dig out warriors DVD later now you remind me I haven't watched it in an age. Really enjoyed that game too, was expecting it to be complete rubbish.

• Advertisement

Ubisoft suits said on their business call that Watch Dogs 2 is looking to be their most successful game yet because of its 'innovative gameplay' :pac: They also expect South Park to do well and an unannounced mega new IP (that will prob be announced at e3) that is sure to include climbing structures to unlock parts of the map. It will also feature graphics close to Myrrdin's post as well. No one is buying you're lies Ubi.

And like others said, Rockstar usually announce a game a year before it's 'Spring' release, then delay it 8 to 12 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement