Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

FFS they showed it 4years ago, I get they were busy with W3 but I wish developers would stop doing this and only show us games that are a year away max.
    Yeah, its getting ridiculous at some E3 shows when games are showed off that are 3+ years away from launch.

Was just thinking today we haven't seen anything at all of Scalebound or Recore since E3 last year and Scalebound was pushed out to 2017 so could be E3 next year by the time it gets released.

Recore I'm slightly concerned about there being nothing at all seen of it since last year, they need to show a significant chunk of gameplay this year.

New IP from saints row devs , set in the same universe. I spotted Ultor near the end of the clip. Looks interesting. 2017 release so not sure if we'll see game play or not at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, its getting ridiculous at some E3 shows when games are showed off that are 3+ years away from launch.
    That has been the case since forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Relax, they need time to downgrade those graphics & work on a day one patch :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

X-post from BF1 thread, for those craving some BF1 footage, here's a new teaser:
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 29,635 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It would give me an excuse to play it again.

It's not like I didn't enjoy it. I just moved on to another game and never came back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,388 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sure Sony 'won' E3 last year with Final Fantasy 7 and Shenmue, games we won't be touching for years yet - and one they wanted us to fund up front too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Not much point on the PC, but i'm sure PS4/XOne owners would like it.

It's probably a way to get mods in more console games, before they inevitably start trying to charge for them again.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't, it was a fine game but couldn't bring myself to sink another 100+ hours into it. Prey 2 and Wolfenstein 2 as mentioned in your link I would gladly take !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Would hope there will be a Red Dead Redemption 2 announcement. Thats it really!

RDR2 is all I could honestly see myself getting "Day-1 Excited" for. The rest will be stuff I'll get during a Sale or Price Drop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Zelda could be the game of the show, but it might be The Last Guardian instead.
    Looking forward to seeing where Destiny is going with the sequel, if that's going to be shown, and some Rockstar goodness is essential.
    I'd love to see a return to the 80's with a Vice City sequel, and a new Read Dead chapter would be awesome.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing where Destiny is going with the seque

Not to be that guy, but Destiny probably won't announce much, or if they do it will be a rehash of what they are announcing this week

They have a Twitch reveal at 5pm (GMT) on this Thursday (9th) to announce the next Expansion/DLC for Destiny 1

So I don't think there will be any Destiny 2 stuff as it would be kind of unusual (but not unheard of) to be promoting Game 1 DLC and Game 2.

Not that I would be upset at that

Here's a link
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44789/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---06022016

• Registered Users Posts: 28,937 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how many actual gameplay reveals we get as opposed to CG trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have rockstar ever debuted stuff at e3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have rockstar ever debuted stuff at e3?

Announced stuff but never shown anything or gave release dates. They handle their own PR so don't expect anything from them.

Xcom 2 getting a console port , due in September so we'll surely see that at E3

Xcom 2 getting a console port , due in September so we'll surely see that at E3

I wish I'd waited. Fecking PC version broke my heart (by breaking my save file).... and being a buggy mess at launch

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    I wish I'd waited. Fecking PC version broke my heart (by breaking my save file).... and being a buggy mess at launch

What makes you think it'll be any different on console? :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What makes you think it'll be any different on console? :pac:

That's generally how things go (or have gone for me) full stop.

Have never really had many issues on Consoles across many years and systems.

PC on the other hand.... well it's a poison chalice.....

X-Com Enemy Unknown / Within worked perfectly 100% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That's weird, I found it pretty solid at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Skyrim with Fallout 4's in-depth dialouge system would be amazing.

Will you collect 10 bear pelts?

Yes.
    Sarcastic.
    No.
    Leave.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I will only accept a remake of Skyrim if it has co-op/multiplayer. Practically everything else has been covered by mods and there've already been some attempts at multi-player. Tenner says that the current PC modded version of the game will still look a hundred times better than anything they can push out on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Shiminay wrote: »
    I will only accept a remake of Skyrim if it has co-op/multiplayer. Practically everything else has been covered by mods and there've already been some attempts at multi-player. Tenner says that the current PC modded version of the game will still look a hundred times better than anything they can push out on a console.

It'll be vastly upgraded graphics (still worse than mods) at 30fps, or slightly upgraded at 60. I think everyone knows which Beth will go for.

Co-op Skyrim would be deadly craic in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Horizon: Zero Dawn and Re-Core were the two IP's that really caught my eye last year.

With the former getting a launch date the other day, I expect to see new gameplay footage.

Likewise with the latter.

VR. I could take it or leave it but I expect both MS and Sony to be top heavy with this stuff alongside revealing new hardware and bundles.

I've a feeling that new IP's will be overlooked with pointless remastered games. While I don't like the trend of remastering games, it makes sense for both Sony/MS to announce them and convince people to make the leap into this gen particularly with new hardware imminent.

Red Dead Redemption 2 would be a definite Day 1 if it was announced.

If Rockstar had their own conference at E3 and just had their logo with red dead redemption 2 logo on screen for 1 minute, they just need to do a mic drop and end the presentation there. :pac:

I'm curious about Battlefield 1 footage. I'm grown stale of FPS lately but this looks pretty damn impressive from what I've seen.

COD... meh. Like that they're trying to do something kinda different but I'm so bored of that franchise.

Not expecting a groundbreaking E3 and with Nintendo not being there bar showing off Zelda, it's going to be much of the same dross from the big companies you'd imagine.

Having said all that, I'll still watch, get stupidly excited over crap, spend money on shíte in future months and hate myself. :pac:

X-Com Enemy Unknown / Within worked perfectly 100% of the time

Bullsh!t.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown crashed my PS3 countless times, and that was a digital copy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Very handy timetable courtesy of: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k

Cj6TK4bUgAEzx1c.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh kadokawa are there.

As the new owners of From Software I'm most interested in waking up the next day to see what surprises they have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement