Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2016 - June 12th to 14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Resi 7 will be shown at E3. The designer will be the designer behind PT and Phantom Pain.

Interesting although turning Resi into Silent Hill is a concern. It's always been an action game but with exploration elements until Resi 4. We will see but it can't be as bad as that turd Resi 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ubi have Tom Clancys Wildlands coming out too.

Would like to see Bf1 footage.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Resi 7 will be shown at E3. The designer will be the designer behind PT and Phantom Pain.

Interesting although turning Resi into Silent Hill is a concern. It's always been an action game but with exploration elements until Resi 4. We will see but it can't be as bad as that turd Resi 6.

Reminds me resi 4 and 5 are getting released for ps4 and One this year. 4 I'll play again I think. I'd pay for Dragons Dogma again too. There are a few skeletons in capcoms cupboard I'd like to see given new life but not just HD updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Reminds me resi 4 and 5 are getting released for ps4 and One this year. 4 I'll play again I think. I'd pay for Dragons Dogma again too. There are a few skeletons in capcoms cupboard I'd like to see given new life but not just HD updates.

Dragons Dogma just got a PC release that wasn't a remaster, I'd say a sequel is more likely or they'll end up pissing off the PC crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Something new? A new AAA game to get me excited! Not a sequel or a HD remaster, but a brand new idea!

That new Ubisoft multiplayer game with the Knights, Viking, and Samurai looks cool. The (final?) part of the Dragon Age saga? Oh and of course, The Last Guardian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I'm mainly interested in seeing any Atlus/Sega stuff, some koei-tecmo and bandai namco, hopfully that Ridge Racer Type 4 remake

the new from software game is likely to be announced right before E3 so hopefully the sony conference will show that off. I'd be really excited for more #BuildingTheList wishes coming true more than the AAA game tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Main thing I'm looking forward to is a release date for The Last Guardian and Persona 5.

Also want to see more on For Honor which I think looks great.

Everything else is just wishful thinking.
    - Shenmue Collection
    - Evil Within 2
    - Alien Isolation type announcment.

As usual I'm looking forward to E3 anyway. I know lots of people just say it's marketing crap (which it totally is) but I actually really like watching the conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Watch_Dogs 2 and Forza Horizon 3 are the games that will attract most interest so far for me.

I will also watch the Microsoft and Ubisoft conferences live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Peggle THREE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Maybe so but it's usually just rumours. There's usually no details released until the first viral sites and then teaser trailer a few weeks before launch.

That definitely is not how I remember it. their stuff is hyped to the balls nearly a year before release

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Peggle THREE!!!

That Peggle 2 announcement will forever taint E3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

In keeping with tradition, Ubisoft should show footage from The Division.... :pac:

I have no real interest in VR which is probably going to be the main focus this year unfortunately.

I want to see gameplay from Recore and Horizon Zero Dawn. They were the most interesting reveals from MS/Sony last year I thought.

Not expecting anything huge this year. Neo details. Xbox One2.0 or whatever the hell it is, CoD, Gears of War.

Standard shtuff I'd say. A shame that Nintendo have nothing to show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Like every year I live in hope of a legend of dragoon remaster or else a sequel..................

:pac: :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't even joke.

I heard there was plans for Dart in Playstation All Star Battle. Thank god it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Why is there alot of people looking forward to Watch Dogs 2? The first game should have left you with very low expectations for any sequel in that series to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why is there alot of people looking forward to Watch Dogs 2? The first game should have left you with very low expectations for any sequel in that series to be good

Ubi are saying that Watchdogs 2 will be very different from the first game, it's not going to be the same game again with better graphics....so they say.

Even if they made a jump like Assassins' Creed 1 to Assassin's Creed 2 with Watch Dogs that would be something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must be in the minority so that enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I must be in the minority so that enjoyed it.

I don't get the hate for it at all. I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watch Dogs had good ideas but the missions and characters were awfully boring. It didn't help with the HUGE negativity about the downgrade of its E3 graphics. UBI really need to cop on with that. Don't promise the earth but I'm sure the bigwigs want so many million preorders or the game will be a MASSIVE failure.

If that leaked pic of the mocap actor is anything to go by, looks like we'll be getting a younger cooler hipster guy with thick rimmed glass but probably don't have lenses.

Have to say though the MP was a great laugh in Watch Dogs. Ducked down in a fire engine hacking some poor fella while he is running around frantically looking for me. He circled my truck about 5 times but never thought to check it. Successful hack and drove off with no bother. That was more fun than the whole single player for me.

One thing that I did like doing in Watch Dogs was hacking the traffic lights at crossroads causing accidents.

• Advertisement

I wasn't put off by the graphics downgrade in Watchdogs that would have been purely a case of lipstick on a pig had it looked as promised.

It was bad because it took 3/4 of the game for the story to get interesting an even then it had one of the most unlike-able main characters in a game ever. I won't even get started on the padding that was the side missions and collectibles which is par for the course with Ubi sandbox titles. They had something with the invasions though those could have been great but were just something you tried out a few times.

Watchdog had so many interesting ideas shown in the trailers but they amounted to nothing but boring context sensitive actions during boring missions rather than toys you could play with in its open world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Watchdog had so many interesting ideas shown in the trailers but they amounted to nothing but boring context sensitive actions during boring missions rather than toys you could play with in its open world.

Same with every Ubisoft game.
    I'll ask again for Beyond Good & Evil 2 but it's totally unlikely

It will be interesting to see if any of the characters from Watch Dogs will appear in Watch Dogs 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I bought Watchdogs digitally and it was the worst (gaming) purchase I've ever made. Lesson learned - only bought GTA V and Fallout 4 digitally on PS4 since, games I knew I'd like and sink hours into (though Fallout became a bit of a slog). Watchdogs 2 would want to be out of this world for me to even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,212 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I didn't mind Watchdogs. It was a better first game than Assassins Creed was, so I would love to think they will expand and improve Watchdogs 2 in a similar way they did was ACII. It had some neat ideas, but I know that my game really turned into a run and gun game more often than I would have liked. Probably down to me being a poor player, but I would have liked the hacking/stealth element to have been by far the primary 'weapon', rather than guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭recyclops

watchdogs augmented reality spider game was almost worth it for the price alone. killed many a few hours with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I really enjoyed jumping into peoples single player in Watchdogs and hacking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would like to see a new Prince of Persia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There are rumours of a new Quake game in the works, interesting coming on the back heel of Doom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement