Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Bought the Oneplus3 when it launched, still have it, definitely the best phone I have ever owned. Is it worth upgrading to newer versions, especially considering the 3 does everything I want it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

septicsac wrote: »
    Bought the Oneplus3 when it launched, still have it, definitely the best phone I have ever owned. Is it worth upgrading to newer versions, especially considering the 3 does everything I want it to?

Of course it's not worth upgrading for a perfectly good phone like the 3, doesn't mean we still won't do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

New update available:

Oxygen update to 5.0.6

What's new:

Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
    General bug fixes and improvements

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

When is Android P due?

SickBoy wrote: »
    When is Android P due?

"Early" 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

davo2001 wrote: »
    "Early" 2019

Think it's November actually

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

That 5.0.6 release has fixed an annoying issue where the volume keys wouldn't work for me.

I nearly got rid of the phone it was that frustrating - even simple things like taking screenshots proved difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

handofdog wrote: »
    That 5.0.6 release has fixed an annoying issue where the volume keys wouldn't work for me.

I nearly got rid of the phone it was that frustrating - even simple things like taking screenshots proved difficult.

Do you not use the 3 finger method for screenshot?

dahat wrote:
    Do you not use the 3 finger method for screenshot?

Up until approx 3 weeks ago I didn’t know about the alternative gesture for screen shooting.

To be honest, the volume buttons not working were way more annoying than just the screenshot functionality which was given as an example.

As it turns out, the software update hasn't fixed the issue and oneplus have agreed to repair the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

What do you think is fair price to sell a 3T 128gb for? Am I asking too much with €250?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Ever since the last update the call volume on my 3t is sh1t low...anyone else have this problem and fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

xtal191 wrote: »
    What do you think is fair price to sell a 3T 128gb for? Am I asking too much with €250?

You'll not get anywhere close to that.

You reckon? What you think is a fair price?

You reckon? What you think is a fair price?
    Think you'd get 100 at most for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Maybe he should look at cex then who are giving anywhere from 142 to 213 depending on colour and condition. And their prices wouldn't be great versus the open market, but iv often settled for them to save hassle.

The 64GB is going for close to 200 on adverts and can get 190 in CEX for the 128gb

The 64GB is going for close to 200 on adverts and can get 190 in CEX for the 128gb

No, the phone is being advertised for that kind of price, nobody will be paying that at all.

In CEX you'll get 190 for an absolutely mint condition phone. They'll knock tens of euro off for the slightest defect or discoloration.

Good luck to you, but there's not much market for a two year old model at they kind of price.

No, the phone is being advertised for that kind of price, nobody will be paying that at all.

In CEX you'll get 190 for an absolutely mint condition phone. They'll knock tens of euro off for the slightest defect or discoloration.

Good luck to you, but there's not much market for a two year old model at they kind of price.

A 64gb went for 180 yesterday and 128gb went for 245 last week. CEX will give 165 for grade C and 190 for grade A, 100 is ridiculous imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Anyone replace the battery on their oneplus 3?

I did a full reset on mine and forgot to enable battery optimisation, was at 20% after 3 hours off charge. Think a new one is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Snotty wrote: »
    Anyone replace the battery on their oneplus 3?

I did a full reset on mine and forgot to enable battery optimisation, was at 20% after 3 hours off charge. Think a new one is required.

very easy to remove and replace the the battery on OP3 did it myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh_XgrcQ9oo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Been having charging issues or the last month in that my 3T won`t charge to above 30% and won`t dash charge either.

Had a replacement charging port fitted from a tech shop locally and it seemed to solve the problem. Alas, about a week later, same problems occured. Later tested the charging capability on a standard USB plug and saw it charge from 10% - 70% in an hour approx and so figured that it must have been the dash charging plug being the problem this time around.

Bought a new charging plug directly from OnePlus and it didn`t approve anything. After I seen the new charging plug didn`t improve anything, I tried it once again in the generic USB charger I mentioned above and it was unable to charge it above 30% either.

I`m absolutely at a loss as to what is going on with it. I carried out two factory resets throughout the last month also to no avail.

I`ve spend 60 quid between the charging port and plug now in the last month and am reluctant to spend more as the device is 3 years old.

Any suggestions on what else could be the issue? Battery? Charging cable? Sotware?

Not sure if you've voided your warranty by having the charging port replaced locally. Have you contacted oneplus about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

subscriber wrote: »
    Been having charging issues or the last month in that my 3T won`t charge to above 30% and won`t dash charge either.

Had a replacement charging port fitted from a tech shop locally and it seemed to solve the problem. Alas, about a week later, same problems occured. Later tested the charging capability on a standard USB plug and saw it charge from 10% - 70% in an hour approx and so figured that it must have been the dash charging plug being the problem this time around.

Bought a new charging plug directly from OnePlus and it didn`t approve anything. After I seen the new charging plug didn`t improve anything, I tried it once again in the generic USB charger I mentioned above and it was unable to charge it above 30% either.

I`m absolutely at a loss as to what is going on with it. I carried out two factory resets throughout the last month also to no avail.

I`ve spend 60 quid between the charging port and plug now in the last month and am reluctant to spend more as the device is 3 years old.

Any suggestions on what else could be the issue? Battery? Charging cable? Sotware?

If a phone won't charge above 30% it's a battery issue. Any competent repair person would know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Dropped phone. Screen banjaxed.
    Anyone got suggestions for screen repair? Southside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gaius c wrote: »
    Dropped phone. Screen banjaxed.
    Anyone got suggestions for screen repair? Southside Dublin.

Send it back to One Plus. I got my 5 screen replaced for €101 and returned on Tuesday after been collected on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Send it back to One Plus. I got my 5 screen replaced for €101 and returned on Tuesday after been collected on a Friday.

This! I got my 3T screen replaced in a shop in Limerick and it was shockingly poor (cost 150eur). So bad I sent it back to One plus who replaced for 70ish. The phone is better than ever!

oakshade wrote: »
    This! I got my 3T screen replaced in a shop in Limerick and it was shockingly poor (cost 150eur). So bad I sent it back to One plus who replaced for 70ish. The phone is better than ever!

Which shop in Limerick was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

TitianGerm wrote: »

Didn't realise that was an option. Thanks for heads up.

Any point in getting them to replace battery at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JaimeB

My 3t has been a mess lately, barely can get through half day without charging it, and the 64gb are all used, have to go everyday, deleting and copying stuff. I'm moving to LG, need a phone with SD and proper jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

JaimeB wrote: »
    My 3t has been a mess lately, barely can get through half day without charging it, and the 64gb are all used, have to go everyday, deleting and copying stuff. I'm moving to LG, need a phone with SD and proper jack.

Would you not just back everything upto the cloud? Using up all the internal memory will banjax your phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement