Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 3 Thread - - - -(No delivery posts)

Options
  • 17-05-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Evleaks tweeted a picture of what he says is the OnePlus 3. It looks great imo. He says it will have an AMOLED display and 3000mah battery. The headphone jack is on the bottom (finally).

It will probably be announced at the end of July, since the OP2 was announced on July 27th last year.

What do ye think of it? Will you get one?

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/732465553378418688

Cio9e2QVAAAC-_I.jpg:large

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks good. Kind of like a HTC with full metal body.

I don't know if I will get one as I was late getting the OP two while I got the OPO early in its life cycle. Reason I as late getting the OP 2 was I was still very happy with the OPO, but now that I have the two it is a much better phone specifically the camera. It is so much better than the first phone.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Still on the oneplus one currently.

If gsmarena are correct, it will support both bands 3 and 20, which is great for 4G here.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6327&idPhone2=7995

I'd be thinking about retiring my oneplus one in favour of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Will be interesting to see the specs once it is launched. Dual sim according to the link above which woukd be handy. Could get rid of the work phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I don't know if I will get one as I was late getting the OP two while I got the OPO early in its life cycle. Reason I as late getting the OP 2 was I was still very happy with the OPO, but now that I have the two it is a much better phone specifically the camera. It is so much better than the first phone.

True, looks exactly like a HTC phone.

What camera app are you using on the OP2? Im not sure its much better.

MarkR wrote: »
    Still on the oneplus one currently.

If gsmarena are correct, it will support both bands 3 and 20, which is great for 4G here.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6327&idPhone2=7995

I'd be thinking about retiring my oneplus one in favour of this...

I think they just copied the OP2 specs for most it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Still happy with my OPO tbh :D

But I'll keep an eye on this thread. I really hope they don't have the same invite system though, that's a total disaster!

CptMackey wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see the specs once it is launched. Dual sim according to the link above which woukd be handy. Could get rid of the work phone

The OP2 has dual sim. I think the link above is just a copy of the OP2 specs for the majority of it.

True, looks exactly like a HTC phone.

What camera app are you using on the OP2? Im not sure its much better.
    I'm using the stock one that comes with the oxygen 3.0 beta. I find it far better takes pics instantly while OPO used to lag a few mili seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm still using OPO which works great apart from updates periodically killing batter life (like COS13).

Will probably switch but it will need a bit more wow than the OP2. Things like 3000maH battery don't really inspire me into thinking "I need this now" - there is a lot more repeatable Chinese competition bringing out high spec phones than there was when they launched the OPO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The only reason I still have my 2 is because of custom roms, I'm disappointed with Oxygen, but Im also sick of messing around with roms too! So I hope to pick up in the next few months either the HTC 10 or maybe the next Nexus if its HTC built and move back to a fully formed phone again. If i had a spare 700 lying around Id have the 10 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Would have liked to see a 5.5 screen on it. oh well.

god's toy wrote: »
    The specs aren't released yet. Tbh I'd say they will stay with 5.5 as it is a good size not too big and not too small and it has worked for them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Still have the One myself, battery life seems to be getting worse with each update. Have messed around with the Oneplus X a few times and to be honest I'm not a fan of Oxygen OS at all.

The One has served me well but I'll be going back to a Nexus phone whenever I decide to get rid. Oneplus are so slow with updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

xtal191 wrote: »
    Still have the One myself, battery life seems to be getting worse with each update. Have messed around with the Oneplus X a few times and to be honest I'm not a fan of Oxygen OS at all.

The One has served me well but I'll be going back to a Nexus phone whenever I decide to get rid. Oneplus are so slow with updates.
    It isn't the slowness that bothers me - it is that each update has consecutively made the phone a bit worse rather than better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm still using OPO which works great apart from updates periodically killing batter life (like COS13).

Every update seems to destroy my battery for around a week or so, but then it will get back to normal. Think I'm even starting to see a noticeable improvement over the last few days

Interested in the OP3 but will wait a while to see how it fares, as much as I love my OPO I'm tempted to move away from the brand now. Never had to deal with support myself, but their reputation has gone down the shîtter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've seen so many posts about sh1tty customer care experiences, and so many posts about people with issues where it almost seems like a gamble with oxygen OS. I have a OPX and I think I've been lucky I haven't had any issues. I'm not a big fan of Oxygen OS and updates to fix issues seems slow to come out and when it does it usually breaks something else.

I think if they got rid of oxygen or at least make sure it was solid before release it would be ok, but with the OPX its like they released it while it was still testing to meet timelines and it wasn't near a finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

In fairness to them when my opo modem sent nuts they were quick to try a software fix and when that didn't work they replaced with a brand new device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

In fairness to them when my opo modem sent nuts they were quick to try a software fix and when that didn't work they replaced with a brand new device.

Out if curiosity, how long did it take from the point you reported the issue to you having the new phone in your hands?

I'm using the stock one that comes with the oxygen 3.0 beta. I find it far better takes pics instantly while OPO used to lag a few mili seconds.

Is that much better than the standard Oxygen 2.2.1 camera that came with the phone?? There's much many options n my camera, e.g. I can't change the focus modes like I could on the OPO

The specs on that site aren't confirmed, they just made them up for some reason!

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »

Jesus, I forgot about getting 8hrs screen on time on my OPO, it halved when I upgrade OTA to CM13 I think it was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Evleaks tweeted a picture of what he says is the OnePlus 3. It looks great imo. He says it will have an AMOLED display and 3000mah battery. The headphone jack is on the bottom (finally).

It will probably be announced at the end of July, since the OP2 was announced on July 27th last year.

What do ye think of it? Will you get one?

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/732465553378418688

Cio9e2QVAAAC-_I.jpg:large

Maybe two different screen size options looking at the photo?

I've had the OPO, OPT. Dad got a OPO and the girlfriend just got the Ceramic OPX. I think I might go for the OP3 :)

maximoose wrote: »
    Every update seems to destroy my battery for around a week or so, but then it will get back to normal. Think I'm even starting to see a noticeable improvement over the last few days

Interested in the OP3 but will wait a while to see how it fares, as much as I love my OPO I'm tempted to move away from the brand now. Never had to deal with support myself, but their reputation has gone down the shîtter.

They didn't answer a few of my support tickets. I tried DMing them on Twitter and they replied always the next day. Bizarre.

I had an issue with my headphone jack. It was getting a weird buzz/static noise when I used headphones, which many others seem to get. Their response was that my Apple headphones and other generic headphones weren't compatible with their standard 3.5mm headphone jack :confused::pac: Equally amusing and confusing.

Is that much better than the standard Oxygen 2.2.1 camera that came with the phone?? There's much many options n my camera, e.g. I can't change the focus modes like I could on the OPO
    I'm not sure never used oxygen 2.2 I updated straight to 3.0 beta after I got the phone.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Maybe two different screen size options looking at the photo?

I've had the OPO, OPT. Dad got a OPO and the girlfriend just got the Ceramic OPX. I think I might go for the OP3 :)

Never noticed that. EVleaks didn't mention it though. I think its unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

My OnePlus 2 loves freezing, especially for a phone that can't have its battery removed. And the battery is dropping in performance at an exponential rate.

So, I might give this phone a miss.

I'm not sure never used oxygen 2.2 I updated straight to 3.0 beta after I got the phone.

Ah. How many hours screen on time are you getting? (out of curiosity)

Saipanne wrote: »
    My OnePlus 2 loves freezing, especially for a phone that can't have its battery removed.

So, I might give this phone a miss.

Are you on the Oxygen 3.0 beta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Are you on the Oxygen 3.0 beta?

No, where would I get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Wasn't hugely impressed with the OP2 compared to the OPO but given it'll likely be €200 cheaper than even the Nexus competitor I'll probably pick one up with it launches.

Advertisement