Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

I love the sunshine ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think it could get to 28c if it stays sunny.

Currently 23c here in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

24.6c in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Absolutely stunning for once in Tralee. Wall to wall sun and fairly hot. The clouds finally dispersed at 4pm sharp yesterday and no sign of them since, good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull and overcast in Castlebar, 17.2C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Warm in Sunshine in Dungarvan but a sea fog keeps moving in every few minutes making it rather cool, but burns off rapidly.

It is making for cool cloud formations and temperature fluctuations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

STATUS YELLOW

High Temperature Warning for Ireland
    Temperatures over 27 degrees in many areas on Tuesday.

Issued:Monday 18 July 2016 10:00
    Valid:Tuesday 19 July 2016 10:00 to Tuesday 19 July 2016 20:00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I love sun (or at least I used to) but it's so hard to keep the heat out of my home, it's just too hot in here :o

It's 27 degrees in here atm.... even the heating is off and my curtains are on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

This is odd? The sat image looks like its a sunny day where I am but its quite cloudy here, the sky is about 80-90% covered in cloud.
    A very disappointing day! Only 22.9c , which is only 3 higher than it was at midnight!
    http://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Very disappointing day here so far with cloud now polluting the whole sky and a max of 21.3c. Nothing as predicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

Already at 24C in Dublin which is very uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beautiful in Galway city and getting hot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not as warm as i was expecting considering it was 20C into the small hours of this morning, currently 24C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Very disappointing day here so far with cloud now polluting the whole sky and a max of 21.3c. Nothing as predicted!
    Sun coming out now, I'd say about 50% of the sky obscured by cloud now.
    Down to 22.4c which is odd as the breeze is sw'ly and not a sea breeze? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭pauldry

21C in Sligo

Cloud clearing very very slowly

Prob 24c by 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Sandyford M50 is at 26.7 so I'd expect Docarch's temp to be getting near there now?
    I'm at 24 in S Wicklow despite the flow coming off the sea
    Tomorrow is when the really hot uppers pay a brief visit,oh and I'm sure ye are all following the thunder thread :D for what could happen after that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Sandyford M50 is at 26.7 so I'd expect Docarch's temp to be getting near there now?

Just back in from meetings...had to change clothes due to sweat!

Just hit 26.0c here (in Dublin 16).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

26.6c in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

26.2c here now in Dublin 16. Beats last years high of 26.1c (on July 01st).

Have to go back 3 years for a higher temp. 27.7c on 12th July 2013.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    26.2c here now in Dublin 16. Beats last years high of 26.1c (on July 01st).

Have to go back 3 years for a higher temp. 27.7c on 12th July 2013.

23.8c right now here at Grange. I recorded my highest temperature of 25.4c on Friday and I have to go back to 2 years for a higher temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

pad199207 wrote: »
    26.6c in Kildare

I'd say you might see a 30 tomorrow :)
    The SE breeze might temper Doc down to mid 20's but with uppers like these there ain't going to be 19's ,until of course the thunder arrives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

26.3ºc in Bray according to Trogdors station down by the harbour. Humidex 34ºc.

Convection streamers coming from the SE are overhead of me but it would be shading the Northern most fringes of Bray or Shankill due to the angle of the Sun. Blue skies overhead in the other hemisphere of sky to the southern horizon.

Absolutely roaster of a day in Bray. Stunning.

27.0c here now in Dublin 16.
    ArKl0w wrote: »
    The SE breeze might temper Doc down to mid 20's but with uppers like these there ain't going to be 19's ,until of course the thunder arrives :D

Agreed. I said that earlier, that today is probably the day for high temps in Dublin, whereas tomorrow, SE wind and/or sea breezes wil peg temps down a little (certainly near the coast). l

27.8c now in Dublin 16. Just 0.1c off the decade record/high temp for my location (which was 27.9c recorded on 26th June 2011).

DOCARCH wrote: »
    27.8c now in Dublin 16. Just 0.1c off the decade record/high temp for my location (which was 27.9c recorded on 26th June 2011).

That is an interesting temperature record :cool: and how it fell on that particular day in June 2011 which was a cool month overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

What a change from the recent damp and dismal weather in Galway city.
    Clear blue skies & 23.5C
    Great to see the blue skies back :)

My July 2016 statistics up to this point

Rainfall: 21.3mm (45% of the LTA)
    Mean temperature: 15.8c (+1.4c above the LTA)
    Sunshine: 91 hours (55% of the LTA)

So this warm spell has done wonders for this July's mean temperature already.

This warm spell will not break my highest July temperature of this decade though.

July's maximum temperatures

2010: 25.7c
    2011: 24.9c
    2012: 21.4c
    2013: 29.6c
    2014: 27.8c
    2015: 23.5c
    2016: 25.9c so far (still rising today)

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    That is an interesting temperature record :cool: and how it fell on that particular day in June 2011 which was a cool month overall.

Yeah...mean here that month (June 2011) was 13.8c...quite a cool month overall.

Just hit 28.0c now, so, highest temp (here in Dublin 16) this decade!

Still a long way to go go to beat the 31.2c recorded here back in 2006! :)

Advertisement