Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yeah...mean here that month (June 2011) was 13.8c...quite a cool month overall.

Just hit 28.0c now, so, highest temp (here in Dublin 16) this decade!

Still a long way to go go to beat the 31.2c recorded here back in 2006! :)

31.2c???? And I thought 30.4c on August 1st, 1995 was high enough for somewhere in Dublin - my highest temperature on record.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sryanbruen wrote: »
    31.2c???? And I thought 30.4c on August 1st, 1995 was high enough for somewhere in Dublin - my highest temperature on record.

31.0c recorded that day (July 19th 2006) at Baldonnel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see Phoenix Park and Mount Dillon both reporting 27c at 1500.

Still 28.0c here.

31.0c recorded that day (July 19th) at Baldonnel.

I recorded 30.3c on July 19th, 2006. That and August 1st, 1995 are the only such days in my records that I have recorded 30c or more. I remember that day like it was yesterday :rolleyes:. My favourite hot spell ever, July 2006 was.

26.7c now at Grange... still rising FAST as the skies get clearer and clearer.

I recorded a minimum of 19.6c btw last night, confirmed my third warmest night on record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful afternoon in castlebar, clear blue skies and light winds.... Thankfully yesterday's dull conditions are gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

I see Phoenix Park and Mount Dillon both reporting 27c at 1500.

Still 28.0c here.
    Due south of me near Arklow is the Irish Sea,about 2 miles in that direction
    This is the first day here of a breeze off the sea
    There's no escaping its effects today
    It's a Strong wind now off it ,gusting to 23kmph
    Temp is back to 22.5 so capable of knocking circa 3c off yesterday's peak here
    I suspect Dublins Fohn southerly will be a sea breeze tomorrow,so this is the effect it has
    Urban HI will still guarantee a 24 or 25 though or more if it's not as windy as it is today down here

Phoenix Park still reporting 27c at 1600.

A little cooler here now (in Dublin 16). 27.5c atm. Peaked at 28.1c a little earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ugh, tonight is gonna be sticky and tomorrow stifling, depending on cloud cover 30C in the mid-east is not beyond the bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Perfect summer camp weather apart from the exploding footballs caused by the heat! We had to start deflating. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunning day after all the cloudy weather of late here in Kerry. Got up to 24.6C a short time ago under near total blue skies and currently 23.6C.

Most notable is the lower Relative humidity today, went down to 52% and currently 56%

Wind light variable W'ly

9vGKhqu.png?1

Quite a few stations reporting 26c at 1700

Dublin AP, Phoenix Park, Mullingar, and, Shannon.

Meanwhile, here in Dublin 16, 26.5c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Glorious glorious glorious at long last. Warm dry and sunny smashing day. Was in cork earlier fog right by the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sea breeze pegging temperatures back here, feels positively fresh after last few days here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fog on Southern coasts showing up well on the Sat Pic today

An8rKbJ.jpg?1

The Eagle, speaking on RTE radio a little earlier, said he thought somewhere may reach 30c tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Down to 20.6c here now and quite Windy

Well my max hit 27.1c today.

Phoenix Park back to 27c at 1800.

25.5c atm here in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sea breeze dying down, temperature up to 25.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jean Byrne said some people will be relieved as on weds the "refreshing Atlantic air" will be back
    One fine day and we are wishing it away already
    We are a strange race

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can't see temps falling far below 20 overnight in the East. Shockin night for sleeping. Luckily I have my trusty fan to keep me company.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would take a week of it at least and longer if we could get some thunderstorms...

It is nothing exceptional, and we would be use to it in a number of days.

My highest temperature here, north east of Kilkenny City was 25.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can't see temps falling far below 20 overnight in the East. Shockin night for sleeping. Luckily I have my trusty fan to keep me company.

One has to sleep naked in this weather, but then that is naturally the most comfortable all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Some urban areas of Dublin could stay near 19C overnight but rural areas will dip to 14-16C by dawn.

Tomorrow I think we will just approach 30C somewhere in the mid-west. Maybe a round up... 29.7C or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Glorious glorious glorious at long last. Warm dry and sunny smashing day. Was in cork earlier fog right by the coast.

I have no doubt it'll probably be cold and wet tomorrow over your house while your neighbours bask in glorious sunshine ;)

Perfect evening here at Grange!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The kinda sunset i like....Castlebar just now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

After a dull start to the day, it got up to 24.1C in Castlebar, currently 18.7C with increasing humidty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Blue skies in front of bord gais theatre today ☺

Advertisement