Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

25c here in Kilkenny.

Set to smash yesterday's temperatures which at my location reached 25.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Clouds starting to pop up now but the breeze and the clouds are not affecting my maximum temperature! It is at 24.3c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

24.2C now in Castlebar, warmest since May.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and sunny in castlebar, the only thing in the sky is lots and lots of contrails

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

25.0c here now in Dublin 16.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

London already 30C, in the middle east Kuwait is warming up nicely at 48C!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭squarecircles

23 here in west mayo,feels sweltering,can't imagine what it will be like inland this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

28.3c at home in Kildare.

A minimum of 16.9c at Dunsany yesterday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mount Dillion reporting 27c at 1200....could be one to watch for the 30c.

25.3c here in Dublin 16 atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Temps in Dublin have probably reached their peak. Easterly breeze has picked up and will impact. I am in West Dublin ( not far from Casement) and had 24.1° at 11.30am and now down to 23.9°. So any chance of the 30° being reached will be well inland, probably Mount Dillon. I'm actually disappointed as I took today off to enjoy the hot weather and to see some good thunderstorm activity tonight but it's looking just like a typical 'good summer's day' for Dublin and the East coast.

No, the breeze is not doing anything to the temperature here at Grange. It has risen to 25.5c in half an hour!

Of course we still have August to go but up to this point, 2016 is so far my second warmest Summer on record after 1995 - shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Mount Dillion reporting 27c at 1200....could be one to watch for the 30c.

25.3c here in Dublin 16 atm.

How does that compare to the same time yesterday and is the breeze land or sea with you today?
    22.5c here in Arklow with a mighty sea breeze
    This type of breeze would normally peg temp here back to 18 it 19 so those warm uppers are trumping it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this morning was definitely a very warm morning but the sea breezes have causing temps to remain very similar since 9am this morning. Only marginally warmer than early this morning. 24C here now, I dont think we will beat the 26C of yesterday here however the west and midlands could get close to 30C in some spots.

Gonzo wrote: »
    this morning was definitely a very warm morning but the sea breezes have causing temps to remain very similar since 9am this morning. Only marginally warmer than early this morning. 24C here now, I dont think we will beat the 26C of yesterday here however the west and midlands could get close to 30C in some spots.

Am I missing something here? Breeze ain't strong at all to cause temperatures to drop or stay the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

YR weather site for Ireland putting 30c for Limerick. It's tropical round here.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Am I missing something here?

Near....far away?

Unless Gonzo is your next door neighbour, no point speculating what conditions are like with him!

Just reached 26.0c here in Dublin 16.

Near....far away?

Unless Gonzo is your next door neighbour, no point speculating what conditions are like with him!

Just reached 26.0c here in Dublin 16.

I'm talking about everybody who is in the east and Dublin in particular (inc. you) and there is no strong easterly breeze here. I have a good idea that today will beat yesterday's maximum here.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm talking about everybody who is in the east and Dublin in particular (inc. you) and there is no strong easterly breeze here. I have a good idea that today will beat yesterday's maximum here.

East to north east breeze here today, whereas it was a south to south west breeze yesterday. With that wind direction, it would be hard to better yesterdays temps in Dublin.

• Advertisement

East to north east breeze here today, whereas it was a south to south west breeze yesterday. With that wind direction, it would be hard to better yesterdays temps in Dublin.

Another half an hour gone and it has now risen to 26.4c, yesterday I hit 27.1c, so not far to go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Big disparity. CC around 22/23, out in Clondalkin my sensor is picking up almost 27. Power of the breeze!

Big disparity. CC around 22/23, out in Clondalkin my sensor is picking up almost 27. Power of the breeze!

Yeah....Dublin AP down to 22c at 1300.

Mount Dillion reporting 29c at 1300...you'd have to imagine it may get to 30c there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

29.8c now in Kildare! Winds are light there. Partial fohn from Wicklow Mtns from the SE

holding steady here at 24C, not sure we will get much past that today. Temps across much of Dublin are on the way down, just 22C at Dublin Airport, was 24C there at 10am.

Mt Dillon should easily be able to get 30C possibly 31C by the mid afternoon.

Breeze seems to be dying down here now so perhaps temps might jump a bit further with some luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭pauldry

Went on a 10k near mount dillon some years ago ...it was 23c everywhere but 27c there.

These conditions favour it

But wont get 33c or 57c world record from death valley

26c in Sligo now. Not this hot for a coupla years

Does anyone have a list of days of over 30c temp in ireland. There arent many..however alaska got 29.4c n greenland got 25c in June n india broke 51c Records falling everywhere around the world these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

27.1C now in Galway city making it the warmest day of the year so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Mount Dillon registering 29c now

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Dublin Airport has dropped from 23c to 22c

pauldry wrote: »
    Went on a 10k near mount dillon some years ago ...it was 23c everywhere but 27c there.

These conditions favour it

But wont get 33c or 57c world record from death valley

26c in Sligo now. Not this hot for a coupla years

Does anyone have a list of days of over 30c temp in ireland. There arent many..however alaska got 29.4c n greenland got 25c in June n india broke 51c Records falling everywhere around the world these days

As usual, the statistician is here to serve you :). Days with 30c or more in Ireland:

July 8/9/10/11/12/19/20 2013
    July 17/18/19 2006
    July 11/12 2005
    August 5/7/8 2003
    August 1/2/3/4/11/17/18/19/20 1995
    June 26/27/28/29/30 1995
    August 3 1990
    July 18 1989

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Rising despite the sea breeze in Arklow
    24.1 now