Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would the PIRA be talked about differently if they achieved a United Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

But yet you can't provide proof of elected politians killed the pira :rolleyes:
    make sense, child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

maryishere wrote: »
    make sense, child

You said the pira killed elected politians in three juristocans and have now refused to provide proof

How is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Collusion wasn't an overnight thing alright neither was bloody sunday

Nor bloody Friday, nor any other bloody day of the blood stained Troubles..

Tell me something Tom, why do you defend and support the Provisiona IRA (Balcombe St4 Inc)?

You said the pira killed elected politians in three juristocans and have now refused to provide proof

How is that

I said "Anyone with even basic knowledge of the "troubles" would know of politicians murdered in N. Ireland, Rep of Ireland and in Britain. Google for yourself if your reading / education does not extend beyond "an Phoblocht"".

Do you really have a mental age of 10? Quite seriously, did your education not extend beyond "an Phoblocht"? Even if you are not old enough to remember PIRA atrocities, did you never read about them?

I said "Anyone with even basic knowledge of the "troubles" would know of politicians murdered in N. Ireland, Rep of Ireland and in Britain. Google for yourself if your reading / education does not extend beyond "an Phoblocht"".

Do you really have a mental age of 10? Quite seriously, did your education not extend beyond "an Phoblocht"? Even if you are not old enough to remember PIRA atrocities, did you never read about them?

Still no proof of those killed in 3 areas by the pira

Yawn

• Advertisement

I never mentioned "juristocans".

Howver, as they may not have taught you much yet, if you check you will find Billy Fox (3 January 1939 – 12 March 1974) was a protestant Irish politician and a member of Dáil Éireann from 1969 to 1973,[2] and of Seanad Éireann from 1973 until his death in March 1974. He was shot dead by gunmen who were allegedly carrying out a raid on his girlfriend's farmhouse in Monaghan. Five members of the Provisional IRA were convicted of involvement in his murder.

Now, do you really want me to show you politicians murdered by by your "heroes" the PIRA in N. Ireland and Britain too? Time you done your own research, old son.

I never mentioned "juristocans".

Howver, as they may not have taught you much yet, if you check you will find Billy Fox (3 January 1939 – 12 March 1974) was a protestant Irish politician and a member of Dáil Éireann from 1969 to 1973,[2] and of Seanad Éireann from 1973 until his death in March 1974. He was shot dead by gunmen who were allegedly carrying out a raid on his girlfriend's farmhouse in Monaghan. Five members of the Provisional IRA were convicted of involvement in his murder.

Now, do you really want me to show you politicians murdered by by your "heroes" the PIRA in N. Ireland and Britain too? Time you done your own research, old son.

So he wasn't an elected politians when killed??
    Afaik he was appointed :P

Still no proof of those killed in 3 areas by the pira

Yawn
    Ok, to give you but 2 examples from N. I. now.
    Ever hear of Robert Bradford or Edgar Graham?
    Reverend Robert Jonathan Bradford (8 June 1941 – 14 November 1981) was a Methodist Minister and a Vanguard Unionist and Ulster Unionist Member of Parliament for the Belfast South constituency in Northern Ireland until his assassination by the Provisional Irish Republican Army on 14 November 1981.

Poor you, you have been so indoctrinated little tomwaterford you and the other ira-fanboys do not realise you have been so brainwashed. I feel sorry for you.

Ok, to give you but 2 examples from N. I. now.
    Ever hear of Robert Bradford or Edgar Graham?
    Reverend Robert Jonathan Bradford (8 June 1941 – 14 November 1981) was a Methodist Minister and a Vanguard Unionist and Ulster Unionist Member of Parliament for the Belfast South constituency in Northern Ireland until his assassination by the Provisional Irish Republican Army on 14 November 1981.

Poor you, you have been so indoctrinated little tomwaterford you and the other ira-fanboys do not realise you have been so brainwashed. I feel sorry for you.

That's only two juristans (1 of which you moved the goalpost from elected to selected)

....like I said before I do regard brain washed as a personal insult....

Be much obliged if you'd withdraw such

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Not surprising as the PIRA murdered democratically elected politicians in the North , South and in Britain.

Anyone with even basic knowledge of the "troubles" would know of politicians murdered in N. Ireland, Rep of Ireland and in Britain. Google for yourself if your reading / education does not extend beyond "an Phoblocht".

apart from the Sen. Fox what other other democratically elected politicians in the North , South and in Britain where murdered by the PIRA ? i can think of a famous one by the INLA in London but you must know tonnes more about the topic than stupid little potato eating me, its your ''claim'' so back it up if its so obvious for you.. asking people to google your claims is taking the piss and not the way to openly debate .

• Advertisement

Because I've seen/know people who have lost everything to the troubles and know that only for the ira defending its communities

Poor chap, you have actually been brainwashed into believing that your beloved Provo's protected its communities by knee capping its own, and blowing hundreds of people to kingdom come!

The world over knows about the exploits of the Provo's, and its not a good image to be a supporter of said terrorist group, even if you think it is.

Most nationalists, I said MOST NATIONALISTS supported the SDLP in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. The SDLP strove for change in NI without the need to Bomb and murder, and for that they should always be congratulated . . . . .

The PIRA and their supporters were/are? a narrow minded blood thirsty mono cultural blimkered bunch of cavemen, intent on doing as much damage as they could, in order to break the link between Northern Unionism and GB.

What a stupid, flawed, hopeless and inept ideology it was.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Poor chap, you have actually been brainwashed into believing that your beloved Provo's protected its communities by knee capping its own, and blowing hundreds of people to kingdom come!

The world over knows about the exploits of the Provo's, and its not a good image to be a supporter of said terrorist group, even if you think it is.

Most nationalists, I said MOST NATIONALISTS supported the SDLP in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. The SDLP strove for change in NI without the need to Bomb and murder, and for that they should always be congratulated . . . . .

The PIRA and their supporters were/are? a narrow minded blood thirsty mono cultural blimkered bunch of cavemen, intent on doing as much damage as they could, in order to brake the link between Northern Unionism and GB.

Nice to gloss over some of people's I know experience of the troubles

To refuse to even acknowledge these wrongs says so much about you

And to brush it off to go on a hate of republicans filled rant :(

That's only two juristans

What is a juristan?

Anyway, to give you but one example of an elected politician murdered by your beloved PIRA in Britain, one of those murdered in the Brighton bombing was Conservative MP Sir Anthony Berry.

And to brush it off to go on a hate of republicans filled rant :(

You could say that again, and again . . . .

Not that I have any time for Loyalist terrorists either. (just as bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The PIRA and their supporters were/are? a narrow minded blood thirsty mono cultural blimkered bunch of cavemen, intent on doing as much damage as they could, in order to break the link between Northern Unionism and GB.

Wow, so much hatred in you.

Wow, so much hatred in you.

When people come on here and openly support the Provisional IRA & what they did, then I see no problem in getting annoyed.

I mean, for God's sake, even one of their posters is called BalcombeST4.

That alone is enough to get me going.

Nice to gloss over some of people's I know experience of the troubles

(

You are not even aware of much of the troubles, only one slanted side. You even did not know of politicians murdered by the PIRA in N. I, Rep of I and Britain until I had to educate you. And yet you try to speak with such authority as if you know something.

I asked you before, quite seriously, did your education not extend beyond "an Phoblocht"?

You are not even aware of much of the troubles, only one slanted side. You even did not know of politicians murdered by the PIRA in N. I, Rep of I and Britain until I had to educate you. And yet you try to speak with such authority as if you know something.

I asked you before, quite seriously, did your education not extend beyond "an Phoblocht"?

I knew they had...but you said elected politians....senators are selected

Why do I bother when you move goalposts to suit your half truths

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Not that I have any time for Loyalist terrorists either.

Except for the ones in the so-called 'security forces'.

I knew they had...but you said elected politians....senators are selected

He was an elected TD for 4 years until months before he was murdered, and was still a full time paid Fine Gael politician and member of the senate when he was murdered. The MP's murdered by the PIRA in N. Ireland and Britain were elected politicians too.

• Advertisement

Except for the ones in the so-called 'security forces'.

Big respect to the security forces (Bad apples excluded - obviously).

They were between a rock & a hard place. The army in particular (a blunt tool) was tasked with an impossible job to do a policing job in a UK civilian setting (not a good idea.).

The UVF,UFF,UDA etc were on the other hand no better than the PIRA/INLA in my opinion.

Big respect to the security forces. They were between a rock & a hard place.
    Bad apples excluded - obviously.

The UVF,UFF,UDA etc were on the other hand no better than the PIRA/INLA in my opinion.

Why were they helping loyalists to kill nationalists then??

You have heard of collusion???

He was an elected TD for 4 years until months before he was murdered, and was still a full time paid Fine Gael politician and member of the senate when he was murdered. The MP's murdered by the PIRA in N. Ireland and Britain were elected politicians too.

But alas he wasn't an elected politians when killed as you implied originally

It's ok to admit you got muddled...no one really cares :)

Why were they helping loyalists to kill nationalists then??

You have heard of collusion???

... did I not mention the bad apples? see above in 983^

... did I not mention the bad apples? see above in 983^

Bad apples are still representive of the British army and given 100s of innocent people died coz of collusion bad apples is of little help to them

Bad apples are still representive of the British army and given 100s of innocent people died coz of collusion bad apples is of little help to them

Now now, dont get carried away with your 100s of people . . .

The PIRA/INLA/UVF/UFF etc were the main drivers & subscribers to the conflict.

The army tried to keep a lid on things, and for that we can all be eternally thankfull, otherwise there would have been a lot more death & destruction, by the PIRA etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

which MPs where they ? you made the claim now the polite thing to do is answer it with out going on a predictable rant about an phoblact and brainwashing :)

But alas he wasn't an elected politians

He was elected and he was a politician. Like the MP's the PIRA murdered too. Sad you did not only not know about any of them but were adamant the PIRA did not murder politicians in the 3 "juristans".

davycc wrote: »
    which MPs where they ? you made the claim now the polite thing to do is answer it with out going on a predictable rant about an phoblact and brainwashing :)
    I did answer it. See post 970 and 975.
    I feel sorry for you.

• Advertisement

Now now, dont get carried away with your 100s of people . . .

The PIRA/INLA/UVF/UFF etc were the main drivers & subscribers to the conflict.

The army tried to keep a lid on things, and for that we can all be eternally thankfull, otherwise there would have been a lot more death & destruction, by the PIRA etc etc etc.

You literally have no idea the scale of collusion :eek:

If loyalist got 80+% of Intel off British and killed circa 1000 peeps of which 90+% are classed as civilians

A first crunch of numbers before analysis comes in at 720 colluded murders of innocents....figures rarely lie

Advertisement