Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead - 'A Moon Shaped Pool'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well I'm not buying it twice and physical is most important to me (I have everything they've ever released on CD - a bit annoying there's no CD special edition unless you buy the discbox). I miss the Amnesiac book or HTTT map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Well I'm not buying it twice and physical is most important to me (I have everything they've ever released on CD - a bit annoying there's no CD special edition unless you buy the discbox). I miss the Amnesiac book or HTTT map.

You have to wait until September to get the audio files? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You have to wait until September to get the audio files? :confused:

No, the vinyl on its own is out in June.

Discbox purchasers get the files immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This album is just gorgeous. The Numbers are Identikit are already feeling like new favorites for me.

Getting a real Spirit of Eden/Laughing Stock vibe off this album.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Very rich and dense album. Johnny's all over it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Absolutely stunning release. 'Identikit' is the stand out for me so far. Not a weak track on the album.

The 6 Music stream is just ending now. Album's a stunner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I realise that posting a verdict an hour after it's release is dumb...BUT I think it's one of those that 'will reward repeated listening'
    Definitely a warmer and more human effort than TKOL.It sounds vey lush and sedate,nothing very menacing or 'energetic',though 'Ful Stop' and 'Burn the Witch' come close.

Listening to this live on the radio with thousands of people and seeing all the buzz on social media is so great. Reminds me that the release of an album can still be an event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

This is an absolutely incredible release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anywhere where I can stream this?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

Loving it so far

Anywhere where I can stream this?
    Apple Music

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fell asleep after track 4. Not the album's or my fault, I was working 'til 5.AM, but here goes attempt 2 ;)

I guess Thom is still pissed at Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Not up on Google music yet either.

EGriff wrote: »
    Not up on Google music yet either.

Probably in the bold corner for jumping the gun and releasing it early.

Edit: Actually I think this is a regional issue with Google. Appears to be available in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

While it's too early to give a verdict, particularly as I've only listened on laptop speakers so far, I would say that there are some breathtakingly beautiful parts to the album.. can't wait till I get to my headphones..

The only other thing I'll say is that I'm wondering how it will translate to a live setting?

If I was seeing them, I'd be bringing the deckchair and blanket for this one..

Listening to this as a comedown now. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

UsedToWait wrote: »

The only other thing I'll say is that I'm wondering how it will translate to a live setting?

They'll need a string section :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I hate Apple Music but my Google Music sub is nearly up, so why the feck not! A couple of plays of this before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Coincidentally enough I got a new pair of Sennheiser over ears in the post there of Friday. Haven't tested them yet. Drinking today so didn't listen to new album yet.

Looking forward to the walk to work tomorrow :)

Really enjoying on first listen. Very nice, very mellow. identikit has hit me hard. I'm getting all nostalgic in my old self remembering listening to The Bends walking to school as a 15 year old pimply kid (A)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Not impressed. I preferred TKOL to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

About 1:20 into Decks Dark you just think '**** yeah - this was worth a half decade wait'

Very positive early impression

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Very happy I'm on a 30 day trial with Tidal and could pick this up early enough yesterday.. Personally I am really enjoying it. First impressions Decks Dark and The Numbers up there- but the more I listen I think I like it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

I'm not a fan of comparing or ranking Radiohead albums but this one seems to be a really nice progression from In Rainbows.

TKOL was just doing it's own autumnal thing, I see it as a completely different concept that still has loads of quality and great moments.

This new album is magnificent and beautiful. This is Radiohead at their best. After all this time, and all the talking about The Bends, Ok Computer, Kid A, and In Rainbows, Radiohead can still come along, say "yes, but have you considered this...", and release an album that seems loosely related to all of their previous work but still gives you something new to explore.

Burn the Witch is really just doing it's own thing on this album. It's almost like a false start. Kind of makes sense in the context of the song? It's dealing with conspiracies and witch hunts, widespread paranoia and anxiety, and the other 10 songs are dealing with the aftermath of that? Anyway it feels like a "cold open", like you would see on a TV show, to me.

So many amazing sounds here. So many awesome progressions. The gut punch of True Love Waits at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sits well with the other albums. Really enjoying it. Identikit is a surprise, it doesn't really sound like anything they've done before, and it's brilliant.

• Advertisement

Played a bit more tonight. All very nice, and then I play identikit and can't get any further from constantly repeating the sh1t out of that song

Advertisement