Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead - 'A Moon Shaped Pool'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I too enjoyed The Bends and some tunes on Pablo Honey. And when OK Computer came out, I didn’t get the hype. Thought about half of it was good, and half of it was filler (still do think there is more filler than the die-hards admit to).

However, I never listen to anything from these albums now. There is some magical stuff on the albums since then. It’s not all perfect, but when it’s good, it’s great. For me, the quality on their more recent 5 albums gives a far greater “high” than listening to High and Dry, Iron Lung etc. I could listen to Reckoner over and over again. It just resonates with me. In some songs, it might be just a particular 30 second clip that does it, but I would prefer that buzz than 4 minutes of a good sing-along rock tune. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to put down rock songs – I enjoy my bit of shaking the head and fists in the air (was at slipknot while back).

I think I find the more recent “non-commercial” Radiohead stuff more interesting. It’s like you need to persist longer with it to enjoy it, but when it does sink in, it hits you hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭mosstin

That is a sublime piece of music.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Despite what Pitchfork said about a midnight release, it's on iTunes to buy now (the single that is):

https://itun.es/ie/Kdtlcb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I do think The Bends and Ok computer are masterpieces. Also admire Kid A and In Rainbows but can't get into any their other work. Love the Magic Roundabout meets Wicker Man clay motion video, and it's certainly a challenging piece of work. Just wish they got out the guitars and just bloody rocked again. But they are one of the more interesting acts left and that's why they are loved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭mosstin

Also for sale on Bleep but not until tonight I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭budgemook

Only listened once but sounds excellent. Looking forward to hearing it in the context of the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Single is on sale from midnight tonight according to Pitchfork. No word of the album.

On Spotify right now.

EGriff wrote: »
    I've heard it all now.

Where? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Birneybau wrote: »
    Where? Link?

I was referring to the guy saying Radiohead wasted their career by not making ordinary popular music.

Sorry :pac:

• Advertisement

I was referring to the guy saying Radiohead wasted their career by not making ordinary popular music.

I thought you were referring to the guy saying they are regarded as one of the greatest bands of all time :) This is better.

Pulling your leg. I agree. Stay bland seems to be what some people want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Greenwood's solo career looks to have a lot of influence in that song.

There will be blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Love it!
    Give me the album now, God dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Really like the new song. Can't wait for the album.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm hoping the full album will be released tomorrow. The tour starts very soon and it doesn't make sense to squander the hype from the single by releasing it a month from now.

With TKOL they announced it on a Monday and released it on Friday of the same week. I figure the single took the place of the announcement this time. If they were going to announce the album in advance I think they would have done it on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very strong track to start, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Not a great song at all. Disappointed. Hopefully the album is an improvement.

Something is coming…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFEE49_KyuM/

I'm guessing this is the video PTA shot. It's not clear if the whole album will arrive with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Album out Sunday. On phone:

https://youtu.be/TTAU7lLDZYU

http://pitchfork.com/news/65297-radiohead-announce-new-album-release-date-share-daydreaming-video/?mbid=social_twitter
    At long last, it's here: Radiohead have finally announced their ninth album. The follow-up to 2011's The King of Limbs is out digitally this Sunday, May 8, at 7 p.m. UK time (2 p.m. Eastern time), and physically June 17. It's being released via XL Recordings. The album title has not been revealed yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Glorious!

Reminiscent of Motion Picture Soundtrack, No Surprises and How to Disappear Completely.

Physical format release is June 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Lots of trapdoors.

So June 17th is probably when we'll get special editions, vinyl box sets and a plain old CD I suppose.

Buzzing for Sunday. Liking the sound of both tunes so far, Burn The Witch edging it at the moment.

I regret not making an effort to get a ticket for one of their UK or European shows. Foolishly I thought they were going to announce Ireland as well, but that's looking unlikely now unless they have plans for a longer tour next year.

If EP announce them I'll be pissed because I'll no doubt feel compelled to get a ticket for whatever extortionate price they are going for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Vinyl is so far away. Ah well, looking forward to Sunday.

Lyrically Daydreaming sounds like it might be about climate change. "The damage is done", etc. But the video captures a sad and dreamy in-between state of being. Thom is passing through all these people and places, like a ghost. Is he searching for someone? And then he settles in the wilderness, alone, again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Cracking tune, really is a grower, very reminiscent of what was to be found on Kid A..............(although Thom does scarily look like Willie Nelson in that video.....)

Advertisement