Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead - 'A Moon Shaped Pool'

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cracking tune, really is a grower, very reminiscent of what was to be found on Kid A..............(although Thom does scarily look like Willie Nelson in that video.....)

I was trying to think who he looked like. He really does look like Willie Nelson. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Lyrically Daydreaming sounds like it might be about climate change. "The damage is done", etc. But the video captures a sad and dreamy in-between state of being. Thom is passing through all these people and places, like a ghost. Is he searching for someone? And then he settles in the wilderness, alone, again.

The song, the video and the ending is almost unbearably sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Both tracks just keep getting better the more I hear them. Burn The Witch is loaded with tiny, brilliant subtle moves and turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Grayditch wrote: »
    Both tracks just keep getting better the more I hear them. Burn The Witch is loaded with tiny, brilliant subtle moves and turns.

Really? I find them dull and getting worse. After the initial excitement of new radiohead goodness wore off, I just felt the same as I did with the king of limbs... bored.

Maybe I've finally immatured! Back in 93, I couldn't consume enough radiohead. While I was obsessed with the drill ep and pop is dead, my buddies were into bad religion and therapy? Now it's the other way round (though not Pablo era stuff obviously).

For me, it's got those creepy beatlesesque strings that they've made their own and some great clever key changes. The build up towards the end is haunting and epic.

I think Daydreamer will either be the closer of side one or the second last song on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Not long now. It's a very exciting time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

EGriff wrote: »
    Not long now. It's a very exciting time.

When is it out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Saipanne wrote: »
    When is it out?

7pm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like it's already available on Google Music.

'A Moon Shaped Pool' - Radiohead

Edit: Yep just got it....Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Looks like it's already available on Google Music.

'A Moon Shaped Pool' - Radiohead

Edit: Yep just got it....Enjoy!

Just been pulled.

Tracklist:

Ch8x2oQWkAESWkf.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Ah for feck sake, I was right at the end of the lovely Daydreaming ready for the remaining 9 tracks and then an error.

Either the alphabetical tracklisting was a mistake or its classic Radiohead eccentricity. :D

True Love Waits!!!

True Love Waits!!!

If it's not a different version than the Live Recordings EP, then I'll be disappointed. I already know that one!

If it's not a different version than the Live Recordings EP, then I'll be disappointed. I already know that one!

I would assume so since the reason they never released it is because they wanted to make it work with the whole band. The original was basically a Thom Yorke solo track. But even if it still is I'll be okay with that because the I Might Be Wrong version wasn't the best version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

It's a different version, better I think. Quite sad ending the album on that note though, considering he split up with his wife/ partner last year.

I would assume so since the reason they never released it is because they wanted to make it work with the whole band. The original was basically a Thom Yorke solo track. But even if it still is I'll be okay with that because the I Might Be Wrong version wasn't the best version of it.

I'm quite partial to that version. Thom played it in Belfast just a couple of days after 9/11 on the Amenesiac tour and dedicated it to all the Americans trying to get home. It was very special on the night.

I'm quite partial to that version. Thom played it in Belfast just a couple of days after 9/11 on the Amenesiac tour and dedicated it to all the Americans trying to get home. It was very special on the night.

I was there.

I always thought the best version was the Brussels ones, which I think was the first performance of it. Recording wasn't the best, though.

Have you guys got Lp9 yet?

Album is up on Apple Music now.

https://itun.es/ie/psvqcb

• Advertisement

I always thought the best version was the Brussels ones, which I think was the first performance of it. Recording wasn't the best, though.

Agreed. A lot of emotion in it.

Are they releasing it on Spotify? I want it on LP, I'll have to wait a month for that.

I just ordered the discbox. €76 and ships in September. Includes MP3 or WAV to download now.
    SPECIAL EDITION
    WILL SHIP TO YOU IN SEPTEMBER
    Case bound album, inspired by the albums for 78rpm shellac records in the library of La Fabrique, France
    32 pages of artwork
    The 11 track album on two heavyweight 12" vinyl records
    Two compact discs: one with the album and one with two extra tracks
    Recording tape belly band applied *
    320kbit MP3 or 16-bit WAV of the 11 track album available to download now

http://www.amoonshapedpool.com

Grayditch wrote: »
    Are they releasing it on Spotify? I want it on LP, I'll have to wait a month for that.

If it's not there now I'm sure it will be later.

I just ordered the discbox. €76 and ships in September. Includes MP3 or WAV to download now.

http://www.amoonshapedpool.com

love it man! I am waiting on the 24mb wav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

It's a bit frustrating to include "Card to redeem a 320kbit MP3 or 16-bit WAV download of the 11 track album when you receive the vinyl" instead of just emailing a code now when you place the order.

This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
    The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
    Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.
    We have copies. Don't worry.

That's class. I dunno about spending that much, hough.
    It's a bit frustrating to include "Card to redeem a 320kbit MP3 or 16-bit WAV download of the 11 track album when you receive the vinyl" instead of just emailing a code now when you place the order.

Yeah, I'd have it bought be now otherwise.

I guess they wanted the MP3/WAV download to be a bonus for purchasers of the discbox.

Well, I say bonus but it's really included in the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

TXFM starting broadcasting it now.

http://www.txfm.ie/

Advertisement