Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,240 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ignoant b@stards who drive behind me with full lights on. I drive a lot at night and this is an everyday thing now. Or every night!
    How ignorant and dangerous is that
    FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,029 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I despise Onions - the bane of my life.

Driving up the M1 on certain days, the stench of spring onions from local fields is that bad, it would make you feel sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was trivially annoyed that between 5.30 and 6 yesterday, I answered two phone calls from unknown numbers (one to my mobile, the other to my landline). I hate answering unknown numbers and usually don't. Turns out one was from Virgin Media, looking to give me a great €25 a month deal on my mobile (I usually spend less than €20), and the other from an Irish website that I've bought stuff from, offering me an discount. (Eh, send an e-mail. Your business is web-based!).

I'm back to ignoring those calls now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

TA'd that Batman v Superman was a bit ****. They could have easily cut 30-45 minutes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

my trivial annoyance, that my neighbour uses the path outside my house as long term parking for her friends, family, ex lovers etc when they go on holidays.... arrrgh... bugs the crap out of me!!! argh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,093 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its a Friday, which means that Facebook is full of people telling you its a Friday, usually accompanied by a (what they consider to be) witty picture or cartoon.

Also, we will have a day of radio DJs telling us the weekend has officially begun. Like it isn't allowed to happen until they say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I'm permanently TA'd...period :mad: (I know what yiz are thinking, dirty auld yokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

My housemate spells it lesagna... I corrected him once, but he must have forgotten and now I don't want to come across as a crazy person.

Admittedly it's not often I'll see it written down, but <eye twitch> when I do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

TA'd that I missed the opening of a brand new TA thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

People repeating themselves, they make a statement continue in conversation then bring the same statement back up several more times. I got it the first time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

My internet is terrible and I'm hungry but I'm too lazy to fix any of these problems.
    Two for the price of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When a dress seems just gorgeous but is way too low to wear without a vest top underneath, without basically having everything on show, but it seems that little bit less gorgeous with the vest top on under.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks you Boom Bap. FTW.

Anyway, when I bundle the socks in pairs fold em over as you do, put them in the machine yet there is ALWAYS an odd sock in there. I scratch my head all the time about that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was TA'd about a couple of driving-related things but now I'm TA'd some other people got in here and posted the exact same fcuking TAs I had! :mad:

Ahem, I am trivially annoyed (and afraid, very afraid....) to quote another post lest I get a ban or something.

So what's the story, are there rules within rules or what

TA'd that I have fekkin ask this!

Ahem, I am trivially annoyed (and afraid, very afraid....) to quote another post lest I get a ban or something.

So what's the story, are there rules within rules or what

TA'd that I have fekkin ask this!

As far as I can see, fine to quote someone else's post as long as you're saying how it trivially annoys you too, or you're giving some other trivial annoyance in the post.

My TA for this post (since every post must have one) is bra straps on skin that's not quite sunburnt but is quite red and a little sore (not sunburnt, just think it's not used to being in the dun, so is adjusting).

Could just about cope with most things but those bra straps are fecking painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

TA'd that because I'm pregnant I can't take certain medications. Generally it wouldn't be a problem but when your spinal injury is acting up and you're now dying with a cold and can't take any strong medication to enable you to study for exams that start in 10 days. I'm lying in bed shivering watching fúcking youtube videos about packet switching in an osmosis attempt at study.

Also people that say pregnancy is magical and a wonderful experience. Fúck off, it's misery.

PLL wrote: »
    TA'd that because I'm pregnant I can't take certain medications. Generally it wouldn't be a problem but when your spinal injury is acting up and you're now dying with a cold and can't take any strong medication to enable you to study for exams that start in 10 days. I'm lying in bed shivering watching fúcking youtube videos about packet switching in an osmosis attempt at study.

Also people that say pregnancy is magical and a wonderful experience. Fúck off, it's misery.

I am sorry to hear that, but off to the Babies and Prg board for you now. As if I was a mod, Sorry bout that. Wish you well.

I am not prg so the only thing I can be TA'd about that compares (maybe) with you is my big belly after eating loads of garlic bread. So TA'd that bread would make me so burpy.

Warning... might be controversial.

I am TA'd that I have to pay by weight for my grass cuttings in the Brown Bin whereas whose who can spread the grass or throw it in the ditches can do it for free. Yikes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I get trivially annoyed when I'm getting on the bus, and the entrance is blocked by someone who was standing at the bus stop for 10 minutes before the bus changed but decided to wait till they were on the bus before slowly picking out the correct change for the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Is anyone else trivially annoyed at the abbreviations TA'd?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I bought a lovely bunch of grapes , but forgot to check that they were seedless, and they're not. Life is too bloody short to be picking seeds out of grapes :(
    Posters whose posts I really enjoyed closing their accounts / dropping off the face of Boards.
    I noticed one of my favourite perfumes says "fragrant wellbeing water" or some such on the box. Wellbeing is up there with mindfulness for me. Can't abide clappy happy tree hugging hippy nonsense:(

It's a code. You'll be grand. LOL

Not really all that TA'd about that tbh :D

TA'd that I'm trying to think of a TA to add to this post as every post must have a TA, and can't think of anything, but as soon as I'm offline I'll probably think of about ten.

73Cat wrote: »
    I bought a lovely bunch of grapes , but forgot to check that they were seedless, and they're not. Life is too bloody short to be picking seeds out of grapes :(
    Posters whose posts I really enjoyed closing their accounts / dropping off the face of Boards.
    I noticed one of my favourite perfumes says "fragrant wellbeing water" or some such on the box. Wellbeing is up there with mindfulness for me. Can't abide clappy happy tree hugging hippy nonsense:(

I just do not get Grapes. Gripes yes, but Grapes, no especially with seeds yuk!

I cannot say anymore or the Charter Police will be after me.

What a way to spend a Friday Night with nice, likeminded people.

Anyway, before I get a card. Grapes are lovely, so are other posters who just fecked off because of over moderation.

YIKES, I am next.

So be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that the farmer spreading ****e in the field next door didn't bother to tell me before he started. Not like he couldn't see my washing line full of sheets & towels.
    House reeks of ****e & I have three washing loads to rewash.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I just do not get Grapes. Gripes yes, but Grapes, no especially with seeds yuk!

I cannot say anymore or the Charter Police will be after me.

What a way to spend a Friday Night with nice, likeminded people.

Anyway, before I get a card. Grapes are lovely, so are other posters who just fecked off because of over moderation.

YIKES, I am next.

So be it.
    MOD
    This and your last few posts are examples of why this thread was closed in the first place.
    You are now thread banned. You've read the rules and have broken them. I know you got a PM giving you a way back from a thread ban. That is no longer valid.

Posting in the thread again will result in a card/ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd there were no FNB's this evening, went for a run instead, whoopee fúckin' do :rolleyes:

TA that I don't know what a FNB is, and that Google doesn't help much, as I doubt previous poster is meaning First Nationsl Bank :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

kfallon wrote: »
    TA'd there were no FNB's this evening, went for a run instead, whoopee fúckin' do :rolleyes:

Would love a few pints! SAB's?

TA'd that I've no beer. Though there is a bottle of Paddy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement