Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭fluke

messrs wrote: »
    I thought he was just saying it in conversation to let her know he wouldnt be saying yes at the end:confused:

Aye, I think he was dodging a high maintenance bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Phil finally got around to watching the show.
    1. The 2 gay guys seemed sound, but I think their taste buds need a bit of expansion if sitting in that restaurant they had a plain burger and ice cream! Both were nice guys though.
    2. H&S woman was exactly what I have experienced with this profession - a middle aged power tripper who loves to be the authority. Her date was weird though, I can't put my finger on it but he looked a bit weird to me.
    3. The guy who was on with Lorraine last year and his date were both sound - I liked both of them. Glad they are dating.
    4. The Scouser was so meh and insipid for me. She definitely went to zero effort for the date, at least shower before it - don't look like you've just took off your dentists mask. But her date was an insufferable individual (and his implants were hideous), it was all about him to me. He shouldn't have bothered going on if he's off to Oz and she felt he had totally wasted her time by going on the show.

A search of the Dentist register of Northern Ireland has only 1 person named Emily who is a trainee in Dungannon....

Poor episode for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Noooooooooo

Jesus...... I thought that was a wind-up BUT ITS TRUE!!!

so happy to pay €160 a year to dee forbes and her cronies

• Advertisement

Commenting on a "repeat" episode doesn't sound like much craic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

“Operational reasons”?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

jos28 wrote: »

What’s them when they’re at home???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I thought your man from Kerry was back for a second try for a sec :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Anyone know when it’s from? I’ve seen it for sure but I think it’s long enough ago that I don’t remember what happens with who

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

It's gone berserk on the RTE player. Horse racing commentary over a repeat episode in-between just a black screen and no sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,821 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

jos28 wrote: »

Usually it's a case of an 'issue' with someone who was going to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Saw online that tonight's episode was pulled due to operational reasons and a repeat will be on instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lesalare wrote: »
    It's gone berserk on the RTE player. Horse racing commentary over a repeat episode in-between just a black screen and no sound.

Makes sense with the amount of stallions on show every week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭cgcsb

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Maybe Liverpool Dentists are different to Irish ones?

In the UK they get about £4 an hour :pac: It's a different game there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TrangiaCoffee

I wonder is it linked to this. Possibly about the identity of the suicidal man being traced

"A youth worker who saved a man from jumping off a bridge is now hoping to find love on tonight’s First Dates Ireland.

Jamie Harrington made global headlines – and even was talked out by Oprah Winfrey – back in 2015 when he was just 16-years-old after he stopped a stranger from throwing themselves into the River Liffey in Dublin.

His quick thinking even saw the man name his child after him.

Jamie (21) from Ballymun in Dublin, is now looking for love on the final episode of First Dates Ireland"

I wonder is it linked to this. Possibly about the identity of the suicidal man being traced

"A youth worker who saved a man from jumping off a bridge is now hoping to find love on tonight’s First Dates Ireland.

Jamie Harrington made global headlines – and even was talked out by Oprah Winfrey – back in 2015 when he was just 16-years-old after he stopped a stranger from throwing themselves into the River Liffey in Dublin.

His quick thinking even saw the man name his child after him.

Jamie (21) from Ballymun in Dublin, is now looking for love on the final episode of First Dates Ireland"

It's a ' bit of a stretch'.... but it's as good as any other theory

I think the blonde haired girl from Poland is a bit harsh with her date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

I think the blonde haired girl from Poland is a bit harsh with her date.

You know this is an old repeat after tonight's episode was pulled yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

dobman88 wrote: »

Why was it pulled did they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Why was it pulled did they say

Operational reasons.

Oh? No I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

Ah what a bummer. It says it’ll be on Saturday though on the player. 11:20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

IngridM20 wrote: »
    Ah what a bummer. It says it’ll be on Saturday though on the player. 11:20pm

That's just the usual slot for the repeat. Likely just show tonight's repeat again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

That's just the usual slot for the repeat. Likely just show tonight's repeat again.

Ah ok, thanks. Didn’t know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Usually it's a case of an 'issue' with someone who was going to be on it.

That's what I thought too - dying to know who !
    I didn't watch the repeat, turned over and watch the Hutch/Kinahan show on TV3 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Was wondering why social distance was not evident when watching last night’s episode and just presumed it was filmed when restrictions were eased. Hadn’t seen the episode previously.

Really liked Daffy and his self deprecating quips had me in knots. His date was gorgeous and I thought well suited.

The mother daughter thing was a little bit blah. Also the date organised for the mother was as badly matched as possible. But the guy and daughter had each other in bits laughing and just clicked. Not a fan of the heart wrenching back stories but if helps others then I think bravo.

Now, as for Tralee guy. Firstly, fair play he looked like a legend. He was mannerly. Had to Google the oyster vegan thing and apparently oysters are part of animal kingdom so not vegan friendly.

His date was stunning and had some great one liners. She came across as if she literally found him abhorrent and some of her looks were ascerbic. Was stunned when she said she would be happy to see him again. Not as stunned as he was. When he quipped that she must have been on some really sh1t dates, was one of the best moments in first dates Ireland.

Nothing more about why episode was pulled. Hope nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I may be alone on this, but I hate how every second person has to have a story of some sort. I much preferred the earlier seasons where everyone was just normal people. Don't get me wrong people go through sh1t all the time which is tough and it's fantastic to hear about people getting through this sh1t in general! Also what that boy did for that gentleman and saved his life is absolutely amazing! However, I just don't see the point in going that deep in someone's life for a dating show. I think it kinda makes us bias in a sense. I would much prefer just seeing two people who I know nothing about. Just go on a blind date and discuss stuff that you'd chat about on a first date. I've been told first hand that the show's creators encourage these deep stories also...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It’s the producers looking for the wrong, laziest thing: they’re thinking about the promo they can do to get people watching beforehand, and the Late Late interviews they can do after, by announcing these ‘big’ characters. When the truth is most of the time they turn out to be trainwreck dates that go against what makes First Dates work at its core.

Think about the gay traveller date or the one where their mothers showed up...it looks ‘dramatic’ on ads and gives talking points, but really you’re just deliberately setting innocent applicants up for bad experiences that have little to no chance of working and it comes across as just watching vapid, attention seekers act out on camera. They’re not the dates that make this show tick but it makes the producers look like they’re working, when really it’s just putting together some over-produced, lowest common denominator content that’s built to fail from the get-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

job seeker wrote: »
    I may be alone on this, but I hate how every second person has to have a story of some sort. I much preferred the earlier seasons where everyone was just normal people. Don't get me wrong people go through sh1t all the time which is tough and it's fantastic to hear about people getting through this sh1t in general! Also what that boy did for that gentleman and saved his life is absolutely amazing! However, I just don't see the point in going that deep in someone's life for a dating show. I think it kinda makes us bias in a sense. I would much prefer just seeing two people who I know nothing about. Just go on a blind date and discuss stuff that you'd chat about on a first date. I've been told first hand that the show's creators encourage these deep stories also...

It's only when the girl from last week's show, Rachel I think it was, said she'd rather not go into her husband's death that you realize how open the majority of contestants are to talking about really personal stuff.

Advertisement