Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Like the only time a man said no and he's like: I'm moving to the opposite end of the plannet�� like if he could move to mars he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

Is it all some sort of elaborate defence mechanism with this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ah brilliant. Made up for your man.

Seems to have had a tough life.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Scouser has a bit of an opinion of herself

She was fully gutted for some reason. She thought he was in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Adopted fella seems to have very low self-esteem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭purifol0

Well they're an odd couple but fair play to them hope it works out

She looks crushed.

Begs the question though, why did he go on the show if he has it in his mind to go to Australia?

He didn't prepare an excuse in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Ah that is sweet Mags and Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ahhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Pack of head bangers next week. Delighted for the older couple still meeting, she seems very grounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,064 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What happened to the 2 guys?? :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

YellowLead wrote: »
    Ah that is sweet Mags and Peter.

Good for them.

i have a feeling the guy who paid wasn't interested that much.

Eh I know. They were made for eachother. Like literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

They are appearing on Long Lost Families next week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,064 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He was absolutely gorgeous. I was praying he wasn't gay secretly :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

where did the dentist woman say she was from? I could have sworn she she said stockport but that doesn't match with her accent at all

He was absolutely gorgeous. I was praying he wasn't gay secretly :)

I was just looking at their teeth. It was like they had gone to the same dentist!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

where did the dentist woman say she was from? I could have sworn she she said stockport but that doesn't match with her accent at all

Southport. It’s just north of Liverpool. Actually quite posh.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Southport. It’s just north of Liverpool. Actually quite posh.

that makes much more sense. must wash my ears out.

• Advertisement

that makes much more sense. must wash my ears out.

Will you do her hair while you're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Knew the two olds would meet up. None of this flakey sh1t. Zoom calls and coronavirus be damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Juwwi wrote: »
    Jeez his mother looks young

A total roide. She should be on next time out.
    cgcsb wrote: »

English girl didn't even wash her hair for it and goes on like she's God's gift, he needs to say no to her.

I thought it was a 'wet look' that she had? Wash your hair and gel it up.
    She looks crushed.

Begs the question though, why did he go on the show if he has it in his mind to go to Australia?

He's on an ego trip I'd say. He was wasting her time or the time of any woman who he would meet on that show. I'd say he's with some agency and they got him to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Delighted for Mags and Peter. Really relaxed couple. I thought they clicked from the off. He's into the same stuff as her, she seemed lovely as well. Now she has a fella 7 years younger than her. 'Hon the Mags!!

Thought the gay lad who worked for DCC was very mature and far more settled than the other one. That's why he didn't fully click with him. People like him tend to be very organised in life (he's buying a house at 25), so maybe he wants someone else, or someone more experienced in relationships.

I liked how Rachel and John(?) developed over the date. At the beginning she was very unsure, but he grew on her. Agree with the poster above who said John lacks confidence. Hope they meet up and give it a go. I personally wouldn't hack Rachel for more than 10 minutes, but she's the right woman for some lad. I agree with him that she is pretty in many ways.

Scouse lady and 6'2" Aussie groupie were a bit of filler, not much more about them.

I thought the show was fine, not as good as others this season, but it's a far better season than some of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭thesandeman

DNA test.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

Just finished watching:

- The giggly gay guy twins were adorable. It said they didn’t have a second date though. How bizarre. Baffles me. Like what do you want?

- Health & Safety & Spaceman gave me awkwardness through the TV at first, but they (he) mellowed out. Was glad they both said yes. He seemed a little socially inept. Definitely got gay vibes from him too though, but...

- Dentist can do better than that himbo! Ugh. She seemed smitten, and his ego was through the roof. The palm stuff was cringe. She said the same thing to them both...?

- Peter seems like a nice gent, and his date was lovely too. Hope they last!

Every week I get closer and closer to signing up for it :D

See you next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I didn't warm to the Scouse girl at all. I must admit I did notice her hair was looking fairly greasy and I wouldn't be someone that'd ever notice something like that, so it must've been bad. Your man had the personality of a toaster and coming on the show when he's about to jet off to Oz was a dick move in my opinion.

Three degrees was an interesting character. Some of the interactions between himself and Health and Safety were painful but I was delighted when they both said yes. Not surprised that nothing came of it though.

I'm always a bit meh when somebody comes on a second time but I liked the fella tonight. His date was lovely too, hope it works out for them. Her talking about her loneliness was heartbreaking.

The gay couple seemed spot on but weren't interesting in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Fairly boring episode.

The leering at the end from your man who wants to go back to Oz where he looked her up & down & stared down at the lower half of her body was pretty chilling. Looked very creepy.

When she called him up on his big oversized Turkey teeth he spent the rest of the evening conscious about them & trying to hide them a bit when talking/smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

The two lads looked like brothers and the one in the check trousers will be lucky to have any circulation below the waist after wearing them! I got the impression the lad working for DCC was more grounded and had a plan the other lad was on the one hand busy talking about how lad he is and then admitted he doesn’t go on dates and has never been to a gay bar so does he have much social life of experience I wondered

Health and safety Jesus she needs a badge with her role on it in case anyone still doesn’t know. She had an ego the size of her poncho but then spaceman I would have been full sure was gay so I was surprised when they both said yes

I assumed the dentist had clean hair and it was some sort of fashion statement? What was the lad on the show for if he was off to oz and didn’t want a second date? He looks like Katie price and a helmsworth had a love child

The oul lad hit the jackpot with the healing stuff fair play to him he was in there after she opened that bag. Mags was interesting half motorbikes and tattoos with a side of angels and healing - glad to see they are still in touch the endings where it says that they have had zoom chat and hope they will meet up in future and using the restrictions as an excuse just grates on me

• Advertisement

The two lads looked like brothers and the one in the check trousers will be lucky to have any circulation below the waist after wearing them! I got the impression the lad working for DCC was more grounded and had a plan the other lad was on the one hand busy talking about how lad he is and then admitted he doesn’t go on dates and has never been to a gay bar so does he have much social life of experience I wondered

Health and safety Jesus she needs a badge with her role on it in case anyone still doesn’t know. She had an ego the size of her poncho but then spaceman I would have been full sure was gay so I was surprised when they both said yes

I assumed the dentist had clean hair and it was some sort of fashion statement? What was the lad on the show for if he was off to oz and didn’t want a second date? He looks like Katie price and a helmsworth had a love child

The oul lad hit the jackpot with the healing stuff fair play to him he was in there after she opened that bag. Mags was interesting half motorbikes and tattoos with a side of angels and healing - glad to see they are still in touch the endings where it says that they have had zoom chat and hope they will meet up in future and using the restrictions as an excuse just grates on me

did it not show them meeting up in person in the end credits?

Advertisement