Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This "freespirited" lesbian is a f'in eegit.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Why is cute Lesbian one there at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

She is so nasty.

I doubt they will be eating out together again................

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Black is the colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

So she was the opposite of a big Mac???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Nordie better like this guy or he will be gutted

Corey is a stud.

So who the f##k am I gonna critique til next week....seeing as I'm so perfect and beautiful...What a complete and utter gob****e I am...at least I know I am..

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

This "freespirited" lesbian is a f'in eegit.

Bit of a gob****e but probably just insecure really

• Advertisement

rodge68 wrote: »
    So who the f##k am I gonna critique til next week....seeing as I'm so perfect and beautiful...What a complete and utter gob****e I am...at least I know I am..

you having a breakdown there?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

The Belfast guy just said 'u see a burger in supermacs and it looks amazing, then you eat it and it's awful. The exact opposite happened here tonight'.

Is he not implying that he found her physically unattractive at first, and then grew to like her??

I was a little taken aback at that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    The Belfast guy just said 'u see a burger in supermacs and it looks amazing, then you eat it and it's awful. The exact opposite happened here tonight'.

Is he not implying that he found her physically unattractive at first, and then grew to like her??

I was a little taken aback at that comment.

No don't think.... He was basically saying that the date surpassed all the expectations he had. He expected it to be this hollow false experience.... Picture of a burger that never turns out as advertised...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I don't get why they have to pay the bill, surely it should be free? Sorry I don't normally watch the UK one.

Ye what's with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Kias what a plonker! The lesbian beure... she was nuts... your man was never 39 lol and I'm glad the two at the start got together. The Belfast girl and Galway boy make a good couple but distance is a killer I'm afraid

you having a breakdown there?!!!
    Cant find my Xanax....
    No...just taking the piss out of myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cerveja

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye what's with that?

I know someone who is going to be on it, they said all you get is a €25 voucher for the restaurant, but that you pay the bill.

id imagine the 25 quid would barely cover half the drinks for the two for the evening so the meal and wine would have to be paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

I think the paying on a first date is a dynamic that has to be left in really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Julez wrote: »
    I think the paying on a first date is a dynamic that has to be left in really.
    It allows the people on the date to see what kind of person the other is. Do they expect you to pay? Are they independent? etc.

• Advertisement

I thought that it was a bit of a letdown as a second episode compared to the first episode. It's like they picked the more interesting dates for the first episode to open the series with a flourish. I mean they shoot the whole thing over short period of time so they select the order of dates for episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Just watched it, I thought the two from Maynooth would click, strange that they didn't. Delighted for Corey from Galway, hope that works out.

The two gay girls was an odd combo, I think they were deliberately thrown together to cause friction, it was funny in parts. Alannah was seriously annoyed when the other woman said she wasn't into relationships, but they seemed to have had a good night at the end of it.

I'm not sure on Kias, I think he seems like a very decent bloke deep down. Ok, he's great looking and women are throwing themselves at him and why would he be interested in a relationships at that age with that kind of lifestyle. But he kind of grew on me as a fella after a while, he seems very mature and grounded in some ways. The quick edited interview at the beginning didn't do him any favours though, where he was flexing his tits and doing push ups. Scouse girl is stunning.

glasso wrote: »
    I thought that it was a bit of a letdown as a second episode compared to the first episode. It's like they picked the more interesting dates for the first episode to open the series with a flourish. I mean they shoot the whole thing over short period of time so they select the order of dates for episodes.

There's little that could top the first episode and Federica. So yeah, they put the cream in first and hope we won't notice when we the cheap milk later. Understandable, but I still think it's an excellent programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Downing cocktails before the date even got going, not liking anything on the menu, spending far too long in the jacks "giving an update" on proceedings, generally being an ass whenever she managed to have a conversation and not just start drunkingly laughing.

No wonder that lesbian is single. "I don't want a relationship". "I don't want kids".Beggars can't be choosers

glasso wrote: »

Isnt that what generally happens with most tv series! Would bd bad marketing idea not to pick the most "interesting " ones to front the pilot so as to get the show on the map publicity wise. Suppose you could say why not spread them a bit but most of the dates are bound to be standard and non eventful nonetheless. They had the self titled "big character" Nando worker on the adverts which sucked people in again as he was bound to be a topic of discussion but he just came across as more stupid than arrogant I think!
    The self titled "free spirited" lesbian got people talking to a small degree so it wasnt that non eventful.

I think a couple of nice endings like last night is what some people like to see anyway.

I dont imagine there will be anything extremely controversial other than that south african lady and even that was just cringeworthy more than anything.

But as i said the 2 talking points last week were tge South african one and the GAA lad rejecting your one and they werent exactly "wow" moments either!!

Its a great concept for a show but can be very dull at times. Its highly edited also, the chats, so the conversation can be depicted on screen to be entirely different than the reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

What was all the "cheeky nandos" stuff about? I know I'm old!!

smash wrote: »
    It allows the people on the date to see what kind of person the other is. Do they expect you to pay? Are they independent? etc.

Yes, I am a fan of keeping it in and it adds an extra dynamic to the voyeurism of the programme. The older guy did not come across well in that aspect with his "I AM MAN" bravado.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

branners69 wrote: »
    What was all the "cheeky nandos" stuff about? I know I'm old!!
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cheeky-nandos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Downing cocktails before the date even got going, not liking anything on the menu, spending far too long in the jacks "giving an update" on proceedings, generally being an ass whenever she managed to have a conversation and not just start drunkingly laughing.

No wonder that lesbian is single. "I don't want a relationship". "I don't want kids".Beggars can't be choosers

she is far from a beggar, I think she is very pretty, pity shes not straight.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bmwguy wrote: »
    Why are they pretending they have to pay the bill? I was hoping the scouse bird got to turn him down and put him in his place. Gutted.

Do they not really have to pay?

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    she is far from a beggar, I think she is very pretty, pity shes not straight.:(

I think its clear from his post he was referring to her personality traits and her behaviour and mannerisms around her date. The other girl seemed very bemused by her behaviour!

I dont think he mentioned her looks, did he!!

Advertisement