Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omg Ciaran is lovely, he has such a kind friendly face which matches his personality, I would love to go on a date with someone like that, someone with a kind friendly face.

Omg the more I watch of Ciarans date, the more I like him..., aww is there anyone out there like Ciaran?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,759 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

fin12 wrote: »
    Omg Ciaran is lovely, he has such a kind friendly face which matches his personality, I would love to go on a date with someone like that, someone with a kind friendly face.

Omg the more I watch of Ciarans date, the more I like him..., aww is there anyone out there like Ciaran?

Are you his mammy?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are you his mammy?

No why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I think its clear from his post he was referring to her personality traits and her behaviour and mannerisms around her date. The other girl seemed very bemused by her behaviour!

I dont think he mentioned her looks, did he!!

well i liked her looks and personality, it wasn't her fault she wasn't suited to the other girl, thats just the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

No why?

No, it IS Ciaran!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

pgj2015 wrote: »
    well i liked her looks and personality, it wasn't her fault she wasn't suited to the other girl, thats just the luck of the draw.

She didn't bother me either way. I was just saying what I thought the other poster said!
    I did think she played the self titled "free spirited" "I don't do relationships" card too much. Would find that annoying, especially as she seemed no more free spirited as a North Korean soldier!!

No why?

You sound like Beverly Goldberg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭CassieManson

VincePP wrote:
    Hence you can either have deed poll certificate with passport and travel & buy travel tickets under the old name, or I think you can have both names included in a 3 year passport under special request - write/email in to passport office and ask. Don't ring expecting the person at the end of the line to have the answer as its not something that crops up everyday.

fin12 wrote:

Which one was Ciaran?

Which one was Ciaran?

Eoin mcLove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RealiTea

I'm not in Ireland right now, anyone got any links ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The [snip] mad woman from last week was in the background in one of the scenes last week. I cant remember if it was the red haired girl's date or the date of the couple who'd met before. I paused the TV for a min and there she was at the table behind. However when it showed the couple leaving the table there was no sign of her.

Ann22 wrote: »
    The [snip] mad woman from last week was in the background in one of the scenes last week. I cant remember if it was the red haired girl's date or the date of the couple who'd met before. I paused the TV for a min and there she was at the table behind. However when it showed the couple leaving the table there was no sign of her.

You meant to say the "South African" woman, I assume....

Anyway, all the dates would have been filmed over a few days I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Anyway, all the dates would have been filmed over a few days I would imagine.
    I was told they were all filmed on the same night; or that all those in the restaurant are on first dates... kinda makes sense. Never see any groups of diners

armaghlad wrote: »
    I was told they were all filmed on the same night; or that all those in the restaurant are on first dates... kinda makes sense. Never see any groups of diners

definitely not. Sure the Liverpudlian returned a different night and the South African one also.
    There is also a requirement for a camera crew for each table so I doubt they have 20 odd camera crews at all time!And it would look awful on tv anyway! No, id say it was recorded over about a week or so, 3 dates perhaps per night and the tv dates spread around the room so as that cameras etc dont come into view.
    All the rest of the dinner dates occurring are "extra's " if you like. I imagine they got some sort of discounted incentive to attend the evening of the tv recordings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

People saying the Saffa was a plant by the producers - I'm wondering, are ye suggesting that she was an actual actress hired by them or just that they purposely picked a nutter for entertainment purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

People saying the Saffa was a plant by the producers - I'm wondering, are ye suggesting that she was an actual actress hired by them or just that they purposely picked a nutter for entertainment purposes?

She seems to have dated Dylan McGrath (and is now being brought to court for harassment by him) and the maitre d happens to be the maitre d from Taste @ Rustic.... Co-ink-a-dink? Hmmmm

A little from colum A, a little from colum B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

definitely not. Sure the Liverpudlian returned a different night and the South African one also.
    There is also a requirement for a camera crew for each table so I doubt they have 20 odd camera crews at all time!And it would look awful on tv anyway! No, id say it was recorded over about a week or so, 3 dates perhaps per night and the tv dates spread around the room so as that cameras etc dont come into view.
    All the rest of the dinner dates occurring are "extra's " if you like. I imagine they got some sort of discounted incentive to attend the evening of the tv recordings.

In the UK version the background people/extras are also on first dates, just not featured.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

The background people are also on first dates in the Irish show. They give you 25e towards your meal so I suppose that pays a little of it. Again drinks would probably be the biggest part of the bill.

You'd imagine everything would be free or on rte seeing the amount of publicity the hotel is getting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭pgj2015

just watching the 1st episode now, if i had to guess id say the guy who is on the date with the blonde girl doing law in college is jedward's brother and asexual or gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

She's probably registered with a "talent agency" which would be the first port of call for the producers when trying to drum up a few of the people on the show. They would ring the agency and ask for extrovert, zany, people with interesting backgrounds. If you have your eye on the media/celeb game then you'd snap up any opportunity to get on the telly.

Most of the people on the show are genuine, but some will be through the agencies, it makes for a quicker casting for the TV production company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sparko

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    You'd imagine everything would be free or on rte seeing the amount of publicity the hotel is getting

I think it's more because there is some drama to be had with the paying of the bill - man pays/split it etc and the possible arguments that can ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

bmwguy wrote: »
    Why are they pretending they have to pay the bill? I was hoping the scouse bird got to turn him down and put him in his place. Gutted.

My friend was one of the daters in the background and they ALL had to pay for their meals. Think they might have got some welcome drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

cazzer22 wrote: »
    My friend was one of the daters in the background and they ALL had to pay for their meals. Think they might have got some welcome drinks.

Was there any banging after it for your mate? :p

Do they film most of the dates and then decide which ones were most interesting or is it more a case of they pick the dates they think/know will be more interesting and just focus on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't remember where she was from. I don't think I said anything offensive did I? If it was a south African show and there was one white person in it I wouldn't be offended if someone called her the mad white woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Why do women insist on paying when the guy is trying to show you hes a gentleman?
    Its a date !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Mindset wrote: »
    Why do women insist on paying when the guy is trying to show you hes a gentleman?
    Its a date !!
    Being a gentleman doesn't mean that you pay for a woman who's self sufficient.

Mindset wrote: »
    Its a date !!

ya but if u are not interested to see them again it is better for you to pay your half, its horrible to let someone pay for a full meal if you have no intention of seeing them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

ya but if u are not interested to see them again it is better for you to pay your half, its horrible to let someone pay for a full meal if you have no intention of seeing them again.
    If I was a woman I'd be letting men wine and dine me all the time. If a man is stupid enough to do that, why not take advantage?

I was once stupid enough to do such, now I just meet for a coffee or a drink first to see if there's a connection first, rather than spend/waste up to 100 quid on hours of awkwardness with some beure ill possibly never hear from again.

Advertisement