Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

armaghlad wrote: »
    He's an eejit. He'd have been punching above his weight

Why? If he wasn't attracted to her, he wasn't attracted to her. The way people have been reacting to Daryl on social media is pretty ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

armaghlad wrote: »
    He's an eejit. He'd have been punching above his weight

why is that?? They were both very normal people, seemed to get on very well. Neither of them were "above eachothers weight" in fairness. Seemed like a nice match

Perhaps you may not have liked him but she obviously had an attraction!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The maitre dee in the UK one is an actor also.

He's not.

He's general manager of some posho restaurant in London. He's been on tv but that doesn't make him an actor.

He's not.

He's general manager of some posho restaurant in London. He's been on tv but that doesn't make him an actor.

May be the chef. One of them definitely is. It's fairly common knowledge I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

One of the waitresses I would have thought? That blonde one seems to stick her head in ever 2 minutes.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    One of the waitresses I would have thought? That blonde one seems to stick her head in ever 2 minutes.

Ah maybe you are right! I knew she was but I am not sure where I heard about the other one. Still a lot of Towie like staged reality going on on the UK one!

Great concept for a show whoever pitched it. Simple, cheap to produce and edit and easy to relate to. I just hate all the staged elements! Or false personalities!

I thought the fake participants were few and far between in terms of the daters on the UK one tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Just watched, really enjoyed despite fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭moaningmyrtle

Daryl is really cute and fair enough he didn't fancy Amy but he totally came across as though he fancied her..slipping in some innuendos etc. Sure poor Amy had no idea what was coming..or anyone for that matter. Daryl calm your flirty jocks down if you don't fancy her...Amy you are a steal, you'll find your guy! ... And Donegal man just leave your number here : ;-)

I thought the fake participants were few and far between in terms of the daters on the UK one tbh

The South African one was the only one Id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Overall, it was OK. At least we were spared the "my ex broke my heart" bunny boiler deep and meaningful conversations that the UK version seems to be full of.

I reckon perhaps Daryl thought she was serious when she said, messing, that she didn't want to see him again or whatever er she said and like every second Irish man put on a defence mechanism and agreed! There was no way back then! At least she was honest and admitted she had been joking! She did seem genuinely a little disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

It was surprisingly good. I felt so bad for the girl who got stood up and poor Amy!! I dont think she expected that mullah to say what he said. He heads off to coppers, and she goes home :( ouch.

The South African one was the only one Id imagine.

I meant on the UK one

screamer wrote: »
    Overall, it was OK. At least we were spared the "my ex broke my heart" bunny boiler deep and meaningful conversations that the UK version seems to be full of.

Well we did get a guy who told his date he took an overdose. As sad and honest as that is I didn't think it was first date material, especially on tv. But he seemed very confident now and they were very comfortable together so it didn't really kill the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Clearly the Donegal lad kept thinking all through the date, how could I possibly introduce this one to mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Clearly the Donegal lad kept thinking all through the date, how could I possibly introduce this one to mammy.

I'd say your wan Frederica was dying to introduce him to her 7 auld lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Really enjoyed this. I always say it but you cannot beat the irish for a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

And not a straight tooth in any of their heads

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched it and it was good.

Why are people so surprised that it was good.

It's a very simple formula to follow. Get a restaurant, match people together and film their date.

How can it go wrong?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

It's a very simple formula to follow. Get a restaurant, match people together and film their date.

How can it go wrong?

I know a guy who could answer that for you.............!!

Federica-and-Lee.png

murpho999 wrote: »

How can it go wrong?

The people are the important variable

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

I'd say your wan Frederica was dying to introduce him to her 7 auld lads

How can you have 7 dads? Doesnt matter where youre from you just have one dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Jaysus that was hard to watch. Your one Federica.........I hope she watched the show herself because if she wanted to know whty shes single it was there in all its car crash Glory. Classic case of someone who has zero self awareness. That lad lee she went on the date with was beyond patient and cool.
    The one that surprised me the most was the date between the blonde Girl Amy and, that guy who has to be gay. I was fully expecting her to say no way for a second date but she went for it. Bloody hell.
    By the way, it really sounds like Michael Fassbender providing the voice over. Its not is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

Letree wrote: »
    And not a straight tooth in any of their heads

Agreed, one of my main thoughts watching it, most of them need to see an orthodontist. Daryl has an excuse I guess...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mindset wrote: »
    How can you have 7 dads? Doesnt matter where youre from you just have one dad.

The joke went over your head it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Todd Gack wrote: »

The show couldn't really ask for better timing, keeps it in the news :D

Todd Gack wrote: »

Gives new context to what said in the video embedded on that indo page

"I've been with a very famous Irish guy
    he had a nice doodle but it wasn't doing the work"

ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I really don't see why they're giving "Federica", who was really creepy on her first date and who has been charged with harassment another chance.

I know the producers are doing it for the cringe rating, but you have to think about the safety of the other person.

Advertisement