Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying accents in the world

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Any of those Whiney nasaly sounding accents. That high pitched whine in a Donegal accent.

That d4 of sorts accent that's all over trinity.

Kerry

Limerick

Cork

Waterford

Wexford

Midlands

Bermingham

Liverpool

Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

razorblunt wrote: »
    In fairness I don't think you can distinguish between a Knocka, Fair Hill, Farranree, Mahon, Togher accent.
    Granted the "Norrie" accent is grating but its not unique to an area.
    Is that the 'Roy Keane' accent? I quite like his accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I love northern irish accents and german accents.
    Hate the african american accent and posh english cockney accents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

wakka12 wrote: »
    I love northern irish accents and german accents.
    Hate the african american accent
    Ain't nobody got time for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

LorMal wrote: »
    I don't think there is an accent particular to Dublin 4. When did all this 'D4' stuff start?

Its not specific to d4 despite its name..many people from all over south county dublin and plenty from the north too in howth and other places..just generally its people from posh areas of d4/d6 that have that accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

Certain Limerick accents are just dreadful (come here I want ya!!) but the one I can't stand is a posh Dublin accent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I hate the Seth Effriken accent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Can't quite take the South African one seriously. I can never shake the suspicion that they have to be putting it on a wee bit, nobody can actually talk like that surely?

Heard an Aussie comedian describe it to an American audience as 'Right, imagine my accent, but I'm punching a black person' which now also pops into my head every time I hear it :pac:

Not like everytime I hear a Irish accent I think of a paedophile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Posh Nordie. Something about the vowels that is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Anyone with a Scouse accent automically leads me to believe they're criminals.

I absolutely LOATHE the Northern Ireland accent.
    I don't care if there are "different accents"..they all drive insane.
    Why can't they pronounce "now" as it's meant to be pronounced instead of saying "nigh"?
    How does "now" turn into "nigh"?!

I also hate the D4 accent. It's so false and cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Never understand the supposed falseness of the D4 accent. Must be a bit of envy there somewhere as to be fair the south dublin crowd are fierce cliquey in colleges which probably gives them a bad reputation with the culchies and northsiders. Surely though if its where they grew up and what they grew up around then that's just their accent? How is it put on? And extremes are seen in all accents, usually they all sound ridiculous. The 'dort' and 'loike' types aren't typical of a normal D4 accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Posh Nordie. Something about the vowels that is just wrong.
    That truly is a horrible accent. It's much worse than the really posh Dublin accent. It has a hint of extra kuntiness.

Then the Jafaican accent. Innit blood, fedz, ends , roadman. English teens want to be from an inner city American ghetto so badly.

Then the Glaswegian accent. Only accent that's english I have trouble understanding.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

eet fuk wrote: »
    Scouse. So phlegmy and whiney. Also difficult to understand.

the manchester accent is way worse

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

Utah wrote: »
    I know a girl from Tralee. Went to college in UL.
    She has a spot on D4 accent. I thought she was from D4 til my missus told me she's from Kerry. There is not a hint of Kerry off her.

No idea how it happened

was she wearing wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

North Tipp/south Offaly is a horrible accent in some people. They say "well", and "kid" all the time also. Just eugh.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I wouldn't be a big fan of the judgemental twang

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the feaux American twang to the D4 accent you hear sometimes.

''you knoo*, I go travelling a lawt*, and its such a good way of like, finding yersalf*.

*know, lot, yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Robsweezie wrote: »
    the feaux* American twang to the D4 accent you hear sometimes.

''you knoo*, I go travelling a lawt*, and its such a good way of like, finding yersalf*.

*faux, know, lot, yourself

FYP. I have me coat. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Newcastle in England (particulary those idiots on that ****e MTV show) is a horror.

Some accents in that region are OK though.

The Spanish accent is generally horrific - take a breath, amigo. I like the South American Spanish accents though. Even the cliche 'Mehico' accent. It has a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I hate how people say the word's 'game-changer' now all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

"Moichal McMullin" ffs
    Midlands flah accent-grim
    Seeth Ifrikan -shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

Graham McDowell has the most annoying accent in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

KungPao wrote: »
    Is that the 'Roy Keane' accent? I quite like his accent.

No, his is just a 'normal' accent for Cork really. These ones would be somewhere between his and Sminky Shorts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭chin nuts

Graham McDowell has the most annoying accent in the world.

Torturous. An absolute car crash of an accent. Someone should think about cutting that man's tongue out, as an example to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The commentator who has got his hands on a microphone and is commentating on some sporting even in the school playing fields across the road from my house. :mad:
    In America the news would be reporting a shooting at a school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The idiot with the microphone is bellowing every five seconds. I have put my headphones on but the sound level from the school playing fields is massive.
    I've just had a look. The schools playing pitches are marked out with running track lanes. It must be the school sports. They have not started competing.
    He started mouthing off at 09:30, and it is constant / incessant / noise pollution, a bit like the priest with the terribly boring voice on Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

wakka12 wrote: »
    Hate the african american accent and posh english cockney accents
    Posh cockney accent? That's an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Arghus wrote: »
    Dundalk has to be up there. I can't decide if it's horrible or comical or both.

It sounds more like the result of a mild stroke than an accent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

kimokanto wrote: »
    "Moichal McMullin" ffs
    Midlands flah accent-grim
    Seeth Ifrikan -shudder

"Show me yo paypaz, Kaffir. Whez yo boss? Gut no prublem shooting you my frind"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I find Finnish accent very flat and boring. I'm basing this on the two F1 drivers Hakkinen and Raikkonen.

Advertisement