Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pretty much over in Toronto. Can't believe they're going to conf finals.

They were great today! Played like the regular season raptors. Biyombo is so likeable - big smile on his face the whole time, wagging a finger when he make a block, usain bolt signals when he dunks. He is great, interesting to see will the raps move stuff around to keep him - he has done a lot for himself contract wise

30-11 Toronto in the 4th. Way to fall down Miami.

Cavs will sweep them, or maybe 4-1.

All eyes will be on the Western Conf. Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Looking forward to tonight's game, going to be very interesting to see how it all unfolds. A healthy Curry should be hard to beat but Okc have been playing well, it could be Westbrooks time to shine, it just depends on which one shows up.
    Okc play two bigs which will create some interesting match ups, it could get chippy out there. I think Okc have a point to prove.

I got tickets for game 5, so 2 home wins, steal one away would be perfect !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ahh shoot...
    Warriors got a bit too cute, they were in control but just totally lost their way in the second half.
    Thunder deserved it, although Westbrook travels on every second play, a little bit of sour grapes here....
    Hopefully warriors can bounce back, Curry was very quite in the second half, he needs to take over, he is too good to let this get away from them.

• Advertisement

Shlt just got very real for the Warriors. 12 up at the half and then basically fell asleep at the wheel.

Westbrook definitely walked on that last play and he had some other luck but overall OKC deserved that one. Thing is, GS have won on OKC's court this year so they won't be afraid of going there.

Game 2 is a must win for the Warriors now, lose that and they're in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Still going to take an almighty effort to win 3 more games vs Golden State but OKC have played them close in every game this year so they do have a definite chance.

Found myself rooting for the Thunder since the Spurs series so hoping they can finally go the whole way. Clearly playing into Clevelands hands if the Warriors get taken out for them however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

Draft lotterys on tonight for anyone with an interest

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Still going to take an almighty effort to win 3 more games vs Golden State but OKC have played them close in every game this year so they do have a definite chance.

Found myself rooting for the Thunder since the Spurs series so hoping they can finally go the whole way. Clearly playing into Clevelands hands if the Warriors get taken out for them however.

Tru dat. Cavs will breeze through the East and will be fresh as daisies when OKC and GS are beating the rap out of each other. They'll probably have a week to 10 days off.

GS were very un-GS like last night in the 3rd and 4th. 60 at the half, 12 up and cruising. Klay and Curry went for 3 points in the 4th (Curry 3, Klay 0). They were 1 for 10 on their last 10 3s. I think career high play off turnovers for Steph? They didn't so much panic as fail to execute - they got shots, just poor ones. I'm genuinely shocked though as they have been the best 4th Q team statistically all year.

They should have had that game wrapped by the end of the 3rd.

Russ was erratic Russ in the 1st half and killer in the 2nd. KD had a very weird game by KD standards.

I still see them (GS) winning this series, but if they lose Game 2 it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Draymond green is a very good player, but he has an over inflated sense of what he can do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

nerd69 wrote: »
    Draft lotterys on tonight for anyone with an interest

Pretty much can give Lakers a great/terrible start to the season

Depends what they do with the picks obviously.

That and talent wise it's supposed to be a pretty poor draft.

I hope it's not as bad as 2013, that will probably go down as the worst draft class in history.

Just look at the Knicks. Their fans were ready to tear down the garden after they got the 4th pick but when the Pork Zinger fell on their lap they calmed down a bit.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Depends what they do with the picks obviously.

That and talent wise it's supposed to be a pretty poor draft.

I hope it's not as bad as 2013, that will probably go down as the worst draft class in history.

Just look at the Knicks. Their fans were ready to tear down the garden after they got the 4th pick but when the Pork Zinger fell on their lap they calmed down a bit.

in fairness last years draft was seen as poor as well
    -kat was not the sure bet that he turned out to me
    -okafor was supposed to be the **** going into the season but he fell apart a bit.
    -russell was a shock at 2
    -mudiay had little tape.
    - and nobody could have guessed what zinger would do

this years is definitely not as strong i think but guys like Simmons, Ingram, hield, dragan(although i think they zinger comparisons are wayyyy of he's not nearly the athlete) in particular and then to a lesser extent guys like brown, luwawu,ellenson, murray as well as long shots with traits like labissiere, maker, qi

could all end up being really good players in the league last years draft showed that pre-draft evaluations can be very wrong (hell even the 2013 draft which was terrible had the greek freak, gobert, noel, adams, mccollum, kcp and oladipo)

in fairness last years draft was seen as poor as well
    -kat was not the sure bet that he turned out to me
    -okafor was supposed to be the **** going into the season but he fell apart a bit.
    -russell was a shock at 2
    -mudiay had little tape.
    - and nobody could have guessed what zinger would do

this years is definitely not as strong i think but guys like Simmons, Ingram, hield, dragan(although i think they zinger comparisons are wayyyy of he's not nearly the athlete) in particular and then to a lesser extent guys like brown, luwawu,ellenson, murray as well as long shots with traits like labissiere, maker, qi

could all end up being really good players in the league last years draft showed that pre-draft evaluations can be very wrong (hell even the 2013 draft which was terrible had the greek freak, gobert, noel, adams, mccollum, kcp and oladipo)

Disagree on last year's draft. It looked like it was going to be deep and it turned out to be that way.

Can't say I know much about this year's one, only going on the general consensus but I doubt it will be as bad as 13.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Disagree on last year's draft. It looked like it was going to be deep and it turned out to be that way.

Can't say I know much about this year's one, only going on the general consensus but I doubt it will be as bad as 13.

perhaps in fairness most of what I know are from draft express and highlight vids and the likes so i in no way claim to have much knowledge about guys. didn't remember last year being lauded as deep though but I could have been wrong certainly i dont think guys like devin booker where expected to be what they have so far

perhaps in fairness most of what I know are from draft express and highlight vids and the likes so i in no way claim to have much knowledge about guys. didn't remember last year being lauded as deep though but I could have been wrong certainly i dont think guys like devin booker where expected to be what they have so far

I think anywhere from 1-10 were expecting to get some serious talent. Certainly the likes of the Pacers and the Suns were surprised and glad to get talents like Turner and Booker to drop as far as they did.

If you look at 1-15 from last year and probably only the Lakers are disappointed with their pick. Russell is a good player but I think he will turn out to be a reach at the 2nd pick, especially with the off field stuff.

If you were to do a redraft of 2013 then Giannis probably goes no.1 I am not knocking Giannis in fact I really like him, but that doesn't say a lot. There are some good players in that draft but quality wise overall it was slim pickings.

3rd picks not bad celtics didn't lose the lottery for once happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do the raptors stand any chance against the cavs?

shamrock55 wrote: »

i mean they may not get swept but i cant possibly imagine them even treating to win the series.

shamrock55 wrote: »

Yes. If LeJon, Kyrie and Love are all travelling (in fairness LeJon is always travelling;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D) to the arena in the same car and it crashes, injuring all 3 for the rest of the play offs. Then they have a chance, just like this guy:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Cavs absolutely steam rolled the Raptors last night. They might not be the best team in the league but IMO they have the best chance to win the championship. Okc and GSW are going to go toe to toe for 6 or 7 games and it looks like the Cavs will be well rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Their really is that feeling, that Cleveland are finally going to win

astonaidan wrote: »
    Their really is that feeling, that Cleveland are finally going to win

Nope. I can't see it.

Even with GS and OKC beating the crap out of each other whoever wins that will be favourites (even tired).

If they (Cavs) do win, the easy ride they've had in the play offs and their freshness relative to the west winner will be a factor undoubtedly.

If it's GS, I see GS as huge favourites.

If it's OKC, I see OKC as marginal favourites, but favourites nonetheless.

I don't actually know and cant be arsed googling right now. Does anyone know who would have homecourt in a Cavs - OKC series?

Nope. I can't see it.

Even with GS and OKC beating the crap out of each other whoever wins that will be favourites (even tired).

If they (Cavs) do win, the easy ride they've had in the play offs and their freshness relative to the west winner will be a factor undoubtedly.

I don't actually know and cant be arsed googling right now. Does anyone know who would have homecourt in a Cavs - OKC series?

You have more confidence in OKC than me, GSW yeah but for me OKC will lose to Cleveland

astonaidan wrote: »
    You have more confidence in OKC than me, GSW yeah but for me OKC will lose to Cleveland

On current form I don't think so. They have a few things in their favour at the moment:
    they have played a lot of close games lately and seem to find a way to win in those (even controversially). The cavs are having things way to easy for their own good. They need a close game, even a loss or two to bring them down to earth and refocus. If they continue like this they'll be too cocky going into the finals.

To me they have more talent in the 2 headed KD Russ monster than any LeJon + AN Other combo the Cavs have.

They have some big bodies that are playing surprisingly well right now. Adams and Kanter are playing surprisingly well given their limited abilities.

You would have to assume some revenge factor as motivation for the 2012 loss v Miami (Re LeJon).

Plus the whole win or bust OKC factor. I honestly believe that KD walks if they lose again - either to GS or the Cavs. If he goes, Russ goes. Hell, given his recent comments he could walk if they win.

I mentioned OKC's current form in my last message. I just realised they've won 4 straight games, 3 v San An and 1 v GS - the two best teams in the league this year. That's impressive by any standards, even more so considering it's in the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Nope. I can't see it.

Cavs as 1 seeds.

Hope to stay up for this one. Went to bed at the half the other night and took me about half an hour next morning to imbibe the result!

As someone who likes to punt, I have to say I have absolutely no idea what might happen here and there's not one bet that I could go for with any degree of confidence!

Could/should be a classic.

Lebron James is a bad man.

• Advertisement

On current form I don't think so. They have a few things in their favour at the moment:
    they have played a lot of close games lately and seem to find a way to win in those (even controversially). The cavs are having things way to easy for their own good. They need a close game, even a loss or two to bring them down to earth and refocus. If they continue like this they'll be too cocky going into the finals.

To me they have more talent in the 2 headed KD Russ monster than any LeJon + AN Other combo the Cavs have.

They have some big bodies that are playing surprisingly well right now. Adams and Kanter are playing surprisingly well given their limited abilities.

You would have to assume some revenge factor as motivation for the 2012 loss v Miami (Re LeJon).

Plus the whole win or bust OKC factor. I honestly believe that KD walks if they lose again - either to GS or the Cavs. If he goes, Russ goes. Hell, given his recent comments he could walk if they win.

I dont really agree with you regarding winning close games, I think Cleveland coasting to the finals is a massive advantage, winning is contagious Ill never agree with needing to lose a few games logic, it goes against everything these athletes have been trained to do.
    You could say the same thing about Clevelands bigs though. Love is showing what a massive miss he was last year
    I think their is zero revenge tbh, it wouldnt come up at all, just because LBJ is involved doesnt make it a factor.
    The win or bust could easily have just as big a negative factor, you said youve been involved in sports, you should know this, how often have a team needed a final win and crashed under the pressure

Advertisement