Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Game 4 is going to be great, makes up for the non event in the East. Even with the Raptors win the last day I can't get remotely excited about it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Game 4 is going to be great, makes up for the non event in the East. Even with the Raptors win the last day I can't get remotely excited about it

Yup. I think for the Thunder to win the series they have to win Game 4. if they go back to GS tied at 2-2, then it's advantage GS again - and the emotional energy of last night is wiped away. There's not going to be another 30 point OKC win in this series btw!

Should be a cracker. I'm taking GS (assuming Draymond doesn't get a suspension - which I think would be incredibly harsh btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

On the plus side it was the worst I've seen them play in the last 2 years on both ends of the floor. I don't honestly think they'll play that badly again this series. Game 4 is do or die now.

I can't recall Curry being blocked like that by a defender in a long time. Adams is one big mo fo.....

Adams is key to it. No wonder Draymond tried to destroy his reproductive capabilities! In second game, Warriors were starting to guard him well and push him out onto the edges. Last night he just strolled down the court and did as he pleased.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Adams is key to it. No wonder Draymond tried to destroy his reproductive capabilities! In second game, Warriors were starting to guard him well and push him out onto the edges. Last night he just strolled down the court and did as he pleased.

For a guy with a relatively limited skill set he's playing very well. Dude is fricking huge and a BEAST (if you're not aware of it, read his back story). The scariest part? He's just 22 (not a typo).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

OKC now believe they can win this series.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    OKC now believe they can win this series.

They believed it from day 1. They have the assets, but everything has to go right for them and things have to go a little wrong for GS for OKC to win.

This is the crucial game though (game 4). If they win it I can't see them lose, lose it and it's all square and advantage GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Green isn't suspended. NBA really making it obvious that they want GSW to win.

**** like that definitely helps fuel those that believes the league shows preferential treatment to certain teams/players.

You can rest assure someone would be sitting out game 5 if someone kicked Curry in the same manner.

**** like that definitely helps fuel those that believes the league shows preferential treatment to certain teams/players.

You can rest assure someone would be sitting out game 5 if someone kicked Curry in the same manner.

Well, it wasn't completely obvious!

On more serious note, Green looks like he is teetering on edge for whole of series. For a coach that exults in all that Zen bollix, Kerr might need to sit him down for a while!

• Advertisement

Absolutely! The fact the Raptors won tonight even with the officials decisions is absolutely remarkable! I really am starting to lose my faith in this league, the bias is ridiculous and they barely try and mask it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

On the Green thing, as an actual Warriors fan I think he should if been suspended if the league wants to show any kind of consistency. In my opinion about these things in general is, if it's dealt with by the refs at the time, they spent 5 mins reviewing it then thatshe that, no more need for drama the next day.

You have all the pundits and such always crying out for tougher players, saying things like, today's players wouldn't be able to play back in Jordan and birds day, it was too tough. Then Green shows that toughness and yes little dirtyness and he is vilified. He is now a marked man for the refs, one tech away from suspension.
    Warriors caught a break but they have bigger on court issues to address.

Nice to see Toronto win, fantastic support they got going there. Will be hard for them to win in Cleveland, very very hard

The green foul was accidental IMO. Seriously.

The refs are no fans of Draymond, he's mouthy all game, every game.

If the league want any team to win, it's Cleveland, not GS. Completes the LeJon fairytale for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So the east isn't exciting? The raptors have no chance?
    Come on raptors😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Well, we've a series in the ECF now. Toronto hold their own on their home court, back to Cleveland tomorrow night 2-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

We The North :D Good to see the team thats been reppin the 6 in the regular season finally show up :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way you can look at what Green did and determine it accidental. He knew exactly what he was doing and there was absolutely no reason for his leg to extend like that. He should be sitting tonight because of it.

And to think that Vogel lost his job after barely losing to a 56 win two seed with a worse roster. Crazy stuff.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way you can look at what Green did and determine it accidental. He knew exactly what he was doing and there was absolutely no reason for his leg to extend like that. He should be sitting tonight because of it.

He was fouled on the arms as he went up, almost vertically. His leg flailed. It happens on plays like that. On the Inside The NBA show, not one of the ex-players there (Shaq, Barkley, Smith) thought it was deliberate.

I genuinely don't think it was deliberate.

But he'll have to be very careful in Game 4. Scrutiny is on big time now.

I think the only thing anyone can say for certain is that we don't know his intentions, only he knows that.
    I've never played basketball competitively but I've played soccer and football and I know I've done similar things, like standing on someone's leg are pretending you never saw it, some people just have that streak in them, Iam extremely competitive when playing, even indoor soccer, sometimes it just boils over. It's hard to argue he didn't mean it but it's definitely possible for sure.
    America loves their scandals, what's this groin gate....

• Advertisement

I think the only thing anyone can say for certain is that we don't know his intentions, only he knows that.
    I've never played basketball competitively but I've played soccer and football and I know I've done similar things, like standing on someone's leg are pretending you never saw it, some people just have that streak in them, Iam extremely competitive when playing, even indoor soccer, sometimes it just boils over. It's hard to argue he didn't mean it but it's definitely possible for sure.

Did you see the Stephen Adams post game Q and A where the female reporter asked him did the incident "kick start" their run to half time? Adams response was funny......aw mate, are you using puns? (or something like that) in his Kiwi accent. Funny. I still can't believe he's just 22 though.

Did you see the Stephen Adams post game Q and A where the female reporter asked him did the incident "kick start" their run to half time? Adams response was funny......aw mate, are you using puns? (or something like that) in his Kiwi accent. Funny. I still can't believe he's just 22 though.

Yea, Iam becoming a big fan of the guy, really funny and turning out to be one hell of a player. Warriors don't have an answer for him as yet.
    Some beast of a man for 22.

Was also hoping for more of a throw down between him and Bogut, with the whole ausie v kiwi thing.
    Bogut hasn't looked as mobile as genuine did during the regular season, he is a bit beat up, niggling injuries kill big men

This is like dejavu, hard to watch.

All credit has to go to okc, warriors got their mojo taken away from them

It's pretty much over....as in the series.

It's pretty much over....as in the series.
    As in life too, ;) depressed out here, very tame way to bow out.
    If any team could win 3 I'm a row they can but have shown zero signs of doing that in this series

Warriors have just collapsed. Betting on the championship is bizarre. Cleveland are evens, Warriors just over 3/1. Oklahoma 17/10. Raptors 40/1!

Warriors 1/4 to win the next game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Warriors have just collapsed. Betting on the championship is bizarre. Cleveland are evens, Warriors just over 3/1. Oklahoma 17/10. Raptors 40/1!

Warriors 1/4 to win the next game.

Got the Thunder at 9.5/1 myself during the Spurs series to win the west.

• Advertisement

Got the Thunder at 9.5/1 myself during the Spurs series to win the west.

I have Warriors backed from a long way back at 5/4. More or less given up on that one now.

Would be a brave man would call it at this stage, but Okies would be my pick.

Advertisement