Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Cavs looking a bit exposed. Might pull it out of the fire in the second half, but they are not going to beat whoever comes from the West. Not a chance.

Good comeback, but the Hawks are not good. They look like a team with issues, the Le Bron has them half frightened I'd say.

Just not good enough effort wise from ATL again. To give up 21 made 3's a couple of nights after you have up 25 to the same team is unforgivable. It's just effort, plain and simple. You'd imagine they'd have worked on exterior D the last few days, then produce that? This series is over. If it was boxing they'd stop it.

Some other observations:
    Jeff Teague got the memo not to take any sheeeeeeeeet, but the thing is if you're going to do that, you have to lay down that marker in the first quarter not garbage time. He'll probably get a ban as it was on LeJon too.

Kris Kardashian's killer crossover was funny.

Horford's dunk on Love was a clear offensive foul. Just because a guy dunks seems to get you a free pass on this play in the NBA. It should be called more often. God knows Love plays so little D he shouldn't get punished when he actually does ;).

Love on form is a real game changer for the Cavs. Not enough to make them win it all, but he certainly gives them a more rounded offense than the LeJon Show.

If the Cavs think they can get into a 3 point shootout with Golden State they're as delusional as LeJon was in the "not 5, not 6, not 7" speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Forgot to post that Dave Joerger has been relieved of his duties in Memphis. All indications are that Joerger wanted out. In the summer of 2014 he asked permission to interview for the Timberwolves job, but was convinced to stay. Woj reported that Joerger felt he had no job security, and felt undermined by the head office this season. Last week he reported that Joerger interviewed for the Sacramento Kings and Houston Rockets coaching gig.

After his firing the GM had this to say
    "The decision was made because I believe you need a deeply committed leadership team in order to establish the strong culture needed for sustainable long-term success."

Joerger Woj reports was not being paid market value either, and is expected to double his salary if he signs with the Kings as is being suggested.

Essentially, Joerger wanted out of Memphis because of money and security. The Grizzlies gave him just that.

• Advertisement

Dubs look good at 10/17 to half finish this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cracking last few mins in the Miami Toronto game.
    Lowry coming up big here

Warriors getting raped by the officials here. Some ludicrous calls.

Need to get Klay back on last few minutes of the quarter.

Foul called on Portland! Amazing scenes!

Bonniedog wrote: »

Dude, it's not a massive shock they lost - away - in the play offs. Portland bear GS this year with Curry, they could have won game 2. GS will win the series, but dropping a game to them isn't then end of the world.

Curry did some drills pre game last night but didn't play. He looks a little stiff from what I saw, wonder will they chance him in game 4? Personally, I wouldn't.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Portland win that game and it goes back to GS tied at 2 - 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Joerger to the King's is looking fairly likely barring some major spanner last minute. 3 years 12 million.

An interesting interview with George Karl post Kings comfirms alot of what was out in the open anyway. Joerger will have his work cut out for him
    http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article74937347.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Let me guess. You had money on Golden State?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Let me guess. You had money on Golden State?

I have money on them to win the championship. Didn't back them last night.

Some of the calls against them in first half were ridiculous. Rare that you see Kerr getting annoyed.

Dude, it's not a massive shock they lost - away - in the play offs. Portland bear GS this year with Curry, they could have won game 2. GS will win the series, but dropping a game to them isn't then end of the world.

Curry did some drills pre game last night but didn't play. He looks a little stiff from what I saw, wonder will they chance him in game 4? Personally, I wouldn't.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Portland win that game and it goes back to GS tied at 2 - 2

Do you think you are talking to a ten year old, dude :)

Cracking last few mins in the Miami Toronto game.
    Lowry coming up big here

What a game by JV! That guy is becoming a beast and doing it on a more consistent basis. Rumours are he could be back for game 5, they completely crumbled when he left the game. Whiteside looks to be done, saw him with a soft cast on.

As I thought, Toronto are just younger and fresher and its going to get them through this series. So many bad ref calls against them yesterday playing away in the playoffs and they still got it done. Obviously great that Lowry played better too.

People not happy here with Wade practicing shooting during the Canadian anthem!

Do you think you are talking to a ten year old, dude :)

Do you want me to answer that honestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Do you want me to answer that honestly?

Chill it lads :)

Cavs/Hawks Game 4 on now, feel the brush could be making another appearance here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

What a game by JV! That guy is becoming a beast and doing it on a more consistent basis. Rumours are he could be back for game 5, they completely crumbled when he left the game. Whiteside looks to be done, saw him with a soft cast on.

As I thought, Toronto are just younger and fresher and its going to get them through this series. So many bad ref calls against them yesterday playing away in the playoffs and they still got it done. Obviously great that Lowry played better too.

People not happy here with Wade practicing shooting during the Canadian anthem!
    JV is my fav Raptor, have his jersey :D Im not allowed to wear it though, supposedly it doesnt suit me :(
    Shows the difference when Lowry finally shows up

Will be interesting to see how heat raptors plays out with the injuries on both sides. Shame so many guys are going down across the league during these play offs. Curry unlikely to play tonight again.

Curry to be named MVP later (breaking on ESPN but not confirmed). I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

having to watch Lillard at the end of that game was frustrating - no idea what to do whatsoever. also Curry missing what seemed like an easy lay up to win it. OT it is.

Curry putting on a show in OT, pretty much over now.

• Advertisement

What an amazing team. For the 3.... Steph Curry :-)

Splash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That was one of the most impressive individual performances I've seen in a playoff game. The man never ceases to amaze, he ain't just a nice guy anymore, stone cold killer, I love the on court swagger

I don't think i've ever seen a performance like that from a guy in his first game back from injury.

Steph Curry is playing a different game to the rest of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Raptors and Miami are cleary the most equal teams in the league. Disappointed Toronto didnt close it out, T-Ross had a massive second half. It seems DeRozan and Lowry arent allowed to play good on the same night

On Curry: just watched the 4th quarter and OT again. The most impressive part for me is not that he did it - it's astonishing in itself to say I almost expect him to deliver insane performances and crazy points production in a short period of time etc. - but the fact he did it AFTER being out 2+ weeks, in his first game back, that he was scheduled to play 25mins max and ended up playing over 35 etc. etc.

Forgot to post this a few weeks ago when I gave the reasons for him being MVP and Most Improved Player in the league - he's also the first guy to average 30+ PPG for a season whilst playing less than 35mins per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LMAO fúck this guy! :pac:

If you don't think he is exceptional player, you need optical assistance perhaps!

On other note, Okies are serving it up to San Antoine. dude ...

(Small joke between me and Butters :-)

On more serious note, OKC are good and the two boys are hitting form, but Spurs not convincing as a team that might beat the Dubs, assuming they do beat OK which is not looking particularly certain as we speak!

Great to see Curry has so many fans now.....more fanboys than Leicester City apparently. That bandwagon must be straining to keep everyone aboard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Home court advantage for OKC now against the Spurs. The two headed beast of Durant and Westbrook could be about to deliver their biggest coup to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Great to see Curry has so many fans now.....more fanboys than Leicester City apparently. That bandwagon must be straining to keep everyone aboard.

I'm still a Spurs man, but if you didn't like prime MJ (or prime Lebron) you don't like basketball!

Advertisement