Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards deny innocent woman her malteasers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Seen the the above train of thought floating around on this thread.

Well there is a career I would like to pursue but I would what it would be like?

I have dealt with some pretty upset / annoy / disgruntled customer / co-workers / supervisors in my current job & I sometimes going out socializing in drinking establishments & I have dealt some drunk people in my time, maybe its a career for me so?

Oh wait, never in my life has someone threaten to rape my family members because of their dissatisfaction with the outcome of our interaction!!!!

Just one underlying problem facing a Gardaí doing an incredible difficult job, no excuse of this behavior ever & the guy should be prosecuted for those threats.

What has the title got to do with the video? Malteasers? Have I finally gone crazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What has the title got to do with the video? Malteasers? Have I finally gone crazy?

He says early on that all he was doing was "trying to buy a box of maltesers for my bird". And I presume the fact that he was arrested means she didn't get them.

He says early on that all he was doing was "trying to buy a box of maltesers for my bird". And I presume the fact that he was arrested means she didn't get them.

Oh I must have missed that. I don't speak Knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The client in the video is a cornered rat, doing what cornered rats do. He and his ilk are more a product of liberal justice policies, some of them EU-enforced, than anything else.
    The powers that be in our society have no interest in solving him really. He is a cash cow for some of our elite in fact - the legal fraternity. Your only resort is to cross your fingers and hope he doesn't travel your way.

Sorry that I can't give more effective advice.

• Advertisement

Ach, clearly what he said was outrageous...but on the other hand sticks and stones and all that, the Garda dealt with it appropriately.

How did the video get into the public? Was it taken by the man himself or another person? Was it released by the Gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

topper75 wrote: »
    The client in the video is a cornered rat, doing what cornered rats do. He and his ilk are more a product of liberal justice policies, some of them EU-enforced, than anything else.
    The powers that be in our society have no interest in solving him really. He is a cash cow for some of our elite in fact - the legal fraternity. Your only resort is to cross your fingers and hope he doesn't travel your way.

Sorry that I can't give more effective advice.

the EU has very little input into our legal system, mainly because only the UK shares a similar system with us. Most EU states would apply more serious sentences that you see in Ireland. Their maximum terms may be less but their averages would certainly be higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ach, clearly what he said was outrageous...but on the other hand sticks and stones and all that, the Garda dealt with it appropriately.

How did the video get into the public? Was it taken by the man himself or another person? Was it released by the Gardai?

It was shown at the association of Sergent's and inspectors conference this week to highlight the type of abuse guards have to put up with.

Sticks and stones are one thing, threatening an innocent woman and children because of her husband's job goes way past that. It's vile and shows the complete lack of respect for others these scum have.
    The irony of him complaining that his woman didn't have maltesers while threatening another man's wife!!

It was shown at the association of Sergent's and inspectors conference this week to highlight the type of abuse guards have to put up with.

Sticks and stones are one thing, threatening an innocent woman and children because of her husband's job goes way past that. It's vile and shows the complete lack of respect for others these scum have.
    The irony of him complaining that his woman didn't have maltesers while threatening another man's wife!!

normal enough, many a shoplifter that kicks off will try and make a complaint of assault against security or shop staff

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's worse than that though tbh. This is the same type of guy whose family will all be on facebook shouting about being arrested and beaten up by "scumbag" Gardai for nothing.

On social media the scrotes and the dirtbags get to make claims and complaints of all kinds while the Gardai can't counter them.

It's why I always take any complaint about Gardai online with a massive pinch of salt. Usually they're serial scumbags or idiots who somehow seem to be always getting "pulled over by the Gards fer NUTIN!!"

If you had a real complaint you'd be speaking to a solicitor, who'd tell you not to post about it online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Oh I must have missed that. I don't speak Knacker.

It might help clarify things if you see the video in the OP as a modern, grittier (but slightly cheaper) version of this piece of 80s gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Speaking of the legal profession.

I always wonder how some solicitors/barristers actually represent some scrots and manage to sleep at night.

Also stop trying to shoot the messenger.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great example as to why all Gardai should wear cameras. There's evidence of at least one more charge there and he'll be done for threatening the family of the Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jmayo wrote: »

I always wonder how some solicitors/barristers actually represent some scrots and manage to sleep at night.

Free legal aid. There are certain rules around the duty of solicitors, they can't really just turn around and say, "no, not interested, go find someone else".

I know one who does a lot of this stuff, has had to represent some real pieces of work, some of whom have said nasty things to her after they were sentenced.

Ultimately she believes, quite rightly, in the rule of law, the right of the individual to be represented in court. Her sworn and legal duty is to represent her client's interests without regard as to her own opinion of that client.

In other words, it shouldn't matter that you think the client is a filthy piece of scum, you have to disassociate yourself from it.

Solicitors in this regard get a hard time because they have to speak it. But doctors are obliged to take the same approach - to give the same quality of medical treatment to a convicted paedophile as they would to Mahatma Ghandi, and remove their personal feelings from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

esforum wrote: »
    the EU has very little input into our legal system, mainly because only the UK shares a similar system with us. Most EU states would apply more serious sentences that you see in Ireland. Their maximum terms may be less but their averages would certainly be higher.

Not true. In fact, in respect of sources of law, the ranking is thus:

1. EU Directives
    2. Constitution (Bunreacht na hÉireann)
    3. Acts of the Oireachtas
    4. Case law (precedents from judge rulings)

Anyway - I was referring really to the influence of the 'human rights' conferred on crims by the euro courts. This is the real torn hamstring for us in organising suitable punishments for video lad and friends.

topper75 wrote: »
    Not true. In fact, in respect of sources of law, the ranking is thus:

1. EU Directives
    2. Constitution (Bunreacht na hÉireann)
    3. Acts of the Oireachtas
    4. Case law (precedents from judge rulings)

Anyway - I was referring really to the influence of the 'human rights' conferred on crims by the euro courts. This is the real torn hamstring for us in organising suitable punishments for video lad and friends.

emmm, an eu directive is not usually an eforceable law until its passed by the member state. therefore theres as many act of the state as their is eu directives effecting us and if you want to state case law and constitution then numero uno should be common law

i dont really agree on 2, again many eu countries have systems more efficient or severe than ours without the big bad eu blowing their house down. I am not saying there havent been issues but I would suggest others get hit more than Ireland. The UK not being allowed detain at her majesties pleasure anymore would be one of the bigger ones in recent times (that I can think off, I am sure theres many that I never hear about)

Bambi wrote: »
    But that's not what the gardai were doing was it? As the judge decided with the nonsense that they pulled on Joan Collins.

Same with targeting residents for special attention afterwards, pure blaggarding

someone being found innocent by virtue of a lack of evidence is not nonsense. well, not as much nonsense as the frivolous claim she is currently taking all the way to the supreme court

its also pretty common for residents to be targeted if they are involved in possible criminal activity.

Or should the Gardai just wait for a phonecall in future?

Well...in judging a threat one must always think about the proximity. I mean, if I say I'll punch Donald Trump, it's not really likely.

I presume if it was shown, it's either (I) not going to lead to a prosecution or (ii) it's been already used?
    jmayo wrote: »

Wasn't speaking of the legal profession at all, did you think the "sticks and stones" thing was some legal maxim?

Good Lord no, it's a very old saying.

As for having a go at Solicitors, that's a bit lame. Solicitors and barristers only package the case, they don't make the law or the facts. Don't shoot the messenger as you might say yourself...oh I see you did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Well...in judging a threat one must always think about the proximity. I mean, if I say I'll punch Donald Trump, it's not really likely.

Well.....as clever and well thought out as that remark was, it's very easy to follow a guard home after a shift. Standing outside someone's house isn't an arrestable offence and yet it's pretty intimidating.
    Probably slightly easier than flying to a different country, finding Donald Trump, getting past his security and punching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Why did they bring him all the way from Dublin to Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    That's the reality of what the guards have to deal with in this country,being told that there wife and kids will be raped by this individual.Yet people love to have a go at them for being pulled over for speeding or keeping the peace at water meter protests.

Glad i don't have to do there job,having to deal with vermin like that.

i drive fast if the conditions allow never in built up areas etc, and have been pulled by the Guards a few times, every time i apologise explain that i think i have been being safe and then discuss the situation with them. I get no ticket, why cos i'm nice
    its not hard to be nice compared to scum like yer man tho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My post #26, apologies for the bruntness of it but I was just so annoyed with these idiots. Apologies Ken too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Bambi wrote: »
    It's the reality of shopkeepers, emergency workers, health workers and a whole host of a other people have to deal with without recourse to the protection a garda can avail of.

They deserve criticism for how they handled the water meter fiasco.

what protection is that ?

Judges have previously held that it is acceptable for a "person " to verbally abuse a gardai became he is a garda.

So in fact its exactly opposite of what you wrongly assume .

Also from you childish and uninformed ranting about IW is also incorrect in both fact and content.

go away

Well.....as clever and well thought out as that remark was, it's very easy to follow a guard home after a shift. Standing outside someone's house isn't an arrestable offence and yet it's pretty intimidating.
    Probably slightly easier than flying to a different country, finding Donald Trump, getting past his security and punching him.

To be hones if i was that garda and i found that pond scum outside my house i think the only course would be to let a jury decide if his killing was justified.

Fairly sure Id get off too

mynamejeff wrote: »
    To be hones if i was that garda and i found that pond scum outside my house i think the only course would be to let a jury decide if his killing was justified.

Fairly sure Id get off too

Yep, it's a little known fact that criminal proceedings in Ireland are decided solely on the principle of 'what would Chuck Norris do?'

Yep, it's a little known fact that criminal proceedings in Ireland are decided solely on the principle of 'what would Chuck Norris do?'

The whole point of the video being released is to highlight the issue that this sort of abuse intimidation and threats are common place and are largely ignored by judges in the unlikely event that they get before a court.

Also chuck norris would have killed him with a beard punch by then ....... obviously

The whole point of the video being released is to highlight the issue that this sort of abuse intimidation and threats are common place and are largely ignored by judges in the unlikely event that they get before a court.

Also chuck norris would have killed him with a beard punch by then ....... obviously

I know why the video was released, I jut think your post was a load of guff.

I know why the video was released, I jut think your post was a load of guff.

well then you ll just have to wait until some one threatens to rape your wife and children and then follows you home from work to know how youd really feel about it eh

Chuck would then have proceeded to produce and eat a box of Malteasers from said beard

• Advertisement

well then you ll just have to wait until some one threatens to rape your wife and children and then follows you home from work to know how youd really feel about it eh

Yeah, whatever...

Advertisement