Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards deny innocent woman her malteasers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Great to know that our taxes are funding the lifestyle of fine upstanding members of the community like malteasers man, he'll go far in life I've no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Epicbutterfly

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Bouncers get just as much abuse as gardas if not more.

Absolute nonsense! Guards do a lot more in a week than a Bouncer would do in a year. Plus I doubt most bouncers could read half the forms they sign in the station on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    That's the reality of what the guards have to deal with in this country,being told that there wife and kids will be raped by this individual.Yet people love to have a go at them for being pulled over for speeding or keeping the peace at water meter protests.

Glad i don't have to do there job,having to deal with vermin like that.

They definitely didn't expect this to be happening when they signed up for the job I can tell you that. A nice bit of compensation and 6 months off work for PTS is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Slightly over €180 a week for a year to train, then a €23,0000 starting wage to deal with that.

An absolute national disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bambi wrote: »
    I never realized that sending armed units out to a peaceful protest was part of their remit

Neither was setting up a checkpoint outside an estate the day after a protest and pulling up any resident who had the temerity to take part to check tax and insurance.

Or arresting TDs on a public order charge and having a judge laugh the charge out of court

Unless intimidation is part of their job? :confused:

The gardai at senior level decided to involve the force in politics as they have in the past and it reflects on them

Everything you've just said is absolute crap.

The Gardaí enforce the law.

Whether or not you like it, interfering with people installing water meters is against the law. So is failure to pay tax, failure to insure your car, or failure to maintain order.

The Gardaí may well have a lot to answer for in some cases, but their handling of subhuman feckwits like this chap in the video and the scrotebag types who do the stuff above is if anything far too lenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

sdanseo wrote: »
    Everything you've just said is absolute crap.

The Gardaí enforce the law.

Whether or not you like it, interfering with people installing water meters is against the law. So is failure to pay tax, failure to insure your car, or failure to maintain order.

The Gardaí may well have a lot to answer for in some cases, but their handling of subhuman feckwits like this chap in the video and the scrotebag types who do the stuff above is if anything far too lenient.

Everything you just said is total bollox

see how easy it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Absolute nonsense! Guards do a lot more in a week than a Bouncer would do in a year. Plus I doubt most bouncers could read half the forms they sign in the station on a daily basis.

No need to go insulting bouncers mate, they're just people doing a job for gods sake. I wouldn't like to be a bouncer at all in Ireland! Plenty of girls I know have spoken about the times that a keen bouncer made sure they got to a taxi, or helped them look after a drunk mate. We're lucky in Ireland that most of them are sensible, everyday men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Everything you just said is total bollox

see how easy it is?

So you reckon rank and file Gardai should have not interfered with how the protesters were treating water meter installers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

adversarial roles like bouncers, clampers, water meter installers, gardai, social workers etc. all have their fair share of ugly stand offs with the public by their nature . I don't envy them and they have my respect, but you'd need a thick skin and be prepared for anything and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

sdanseo wrote:
    Slightly over €180 a week for a year to train, then a €23,0000 starting wage to deal with that.

230,000 per annum is a nice wage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Robsweezie wrote: »
    adversarial roles like bouncers, clampers, water meter installers, gardai, social workers etc. all have their fair share of ugly stand offs with the public by their nature . I don't envy them and they have my respect, but you'd need a thick skin and be prepared for anything and everything.

I'd agree with your assesment of all of those jobs expect fopr social workers.

Once a scummer disadvantaged individual gets to talk to a social worker they are all sweetness and light and shure they had a tough childhood and it was cold that day and i wasn't myself and the dog ate my homework and excuses, excuses, excuses. And a judge will put stock in this :eek: These people know how to game the system and social workers treat every word out of their mouth as gospel when they have made a life for themselves by being outside of the law and common decency.

Social workers have a lot to answer for as regards how ****ed up Irish society is in some ways. They seem to exist solely to polish some absolutely irredeemable turds and they do more harm than good if we are being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

sdanseo wrote: »

An absolute national disgrace.

Not really

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I couldn't endure mouth breathing cretins like that. To think about the number of infantile gimps who claim to hate the AGS too. Wouldn't dream of being a front line worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

A scumbag for sure but I'd say if Gardai had been wearing body cameras throughout the years we'd be aware by now that things like that being said are quite common for them, unfortunately. The Garda also asked the chap to confirm he was threatening his family and when he did so he said 'Good' as he of course knew that as all was being recorded they could put him away for that bit longer and hopefully they did.

I note the following was said regarding a city in California where these cameras have been used for awhile now:
    During the first year after the cameras were introduced, the use of force by police officers reportedly declined by 60% and complaints from the public against law enforcement decreased by 88%.

And so it appears as if these miniature body cameras would not just be a good thing for Gardai (if fully implemented) but also for the public too, as they would give the public a layer of protection and assurance that if they are not dealt with appropriately there will be a record of such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

discus wrote: »
    No need to go insulting bouncers mate, they're just people doing a job for gods sake. I wouldn't like to be a bouncer at all in Ireland! Plenty of girls I know have spoken about the times that a keen bouncer made sure they got to a taxi, or helped them look after a drunk mate. We're lucky in Ireland that most of them are sensible, everyday men.

he wasnt, he was replying to the arguement that they do as much as Gardai
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Try retail security if you think that's bad, you don't have the same powers as AGS but still have to put up with this type of shite from low-lifes every working day & your only back-up is fellow SO's connected to the street radio network.

Well not exactly, if they kick off you can let them go and call the Gardai. The Gardai cant let them go and call the Gardai.
    It's the reality of shopkeepers, emergency workers, health workers and a whole host of a other people have to deal with

indeed, indeed. Its not a competition for the ****tiest job
    without recourse to the protection a garda can avail of.

they have the recourse of backing up and calling the Gardai! Gardai have, when all is said and done, **** all but themselves. Pepper spray only in the last few years.
    They deserve criticism for how they handled the water meter fiasco.

if you mean they should have baton charged the shower of wasters instead of showing such remarkable patience, then yeah, they deserve critisism. (Burton was right by the way, lots of fancy phones around)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Epicbutterfly

discus wrote: »

We're not talking about nice bouncers finding a lost handbag or walking girls to taxis... We're talking about Guards and there day to day job. Think there's a difference here. That guard was threatened and his family were threatened with some of the worst vile comments and his shift probably still wasn't over. A bouncer is in a different league. No comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Shieeet I never realised this was in Galway! Just saw the cathederal there towards the end. I hope they sent that cnut straight back to Dublin where he belongs.

No doubt this video will be shown in court? If it does will the guy get a custodial sentence? Even if he does what difference would it make. There's no hope for some people, like what do you do with a guy like that? What steps can be taken to turn him into a functioning productive member of society?

MadYaker wrote: »
    I hope they sent that cnut straight back to Dublin where he belongs.

and he belongs with my family because?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I never realized that sending armed units out to a peaceful protest was part of their remit

Neither was setting up a checkpoint outside an estate the day after a protest and pulling up any resident who had the temerity to take part to check tax and insurance.

Or arresting TDs on a public order charge and having a judge laugh the charge out of court

Unless intimidation is part of their job? :confused:

The gardai at senior level decided to involve the force in politics as they have in the past and it reflects on them
    I am against water charges and i went on several protest marches.
    However i object to the harrassing of meter installers and of the guff and abuse given to the garda who were sent out to maintain law and order.
    After witnessing one incident of abuse towards the garda who was policing a march I decided, as did many, to stay away in future. I don't believe the garda decide which protest to police or not police either.
    The best form of protest was simply to refuse to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

MadYaker wrote: »
    I hope they sent that cnut straight back to Dublin where he belongs.

Ah here The Quiet Man was just a film. You're not all sweetness and light yourselves out west :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

People don't become astronauts because they want to drink their recycled piss.

You can't prove that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Which was the Garda, and which was the prisoner? I couldn't tell. The picture was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Vallorrous

The best form of protest was simply to refuse to pay.

Also the easiest, I just bin the bills! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Vallorrous

Cathy.C wrote: »
    A scumbag for sure but I'd say if Gardai had been wearing body cameras throughout the years we'd be aware by now that things like that being said are quite common for them, unfortunately. The Garda also asked the chap to confirm he was threatening his family and when he did so he said 'Good' as he of course knew that as all was being recorded they could put him away for that bit longer and hopefully they did.

I note the following was said regarding a city in California where these cameras have been used for awhile now:

And so it appears as if these miniature body cameras would not just be a good thing for Gardai (if fully implemented) but also for the public too, as they would give the public a layer of protection and assurance that if they are not dealt with appropriately there will be a record of such.

Very interesting Cathy, thanks. I like the idea of body cameras in that they can also be used to record conversations with a suspect prior to arrest. If the Police inadvertently mention something which only someone connected with the crime would know e.g the murder weapon, an innocent person could later mention it in interview and be made to look guilty if there's no record of the Police having told them this info previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

esforum wrote: »
    Well not exactly, if they kick off you can let them go and call the Gardai. The Gardai cant let them go and call the Gardai.
    True, but then AGS let them go before your shift ends & they're waiting for you in the vicinity of your workplace for you to finish, usually with a posse of scrotes for back-up & kick off again.

What use are AGS to me then?

Been doing this shite for a quarter century now & nothing changes, I've been stabbed, stuck with dirty needles twice & threatened so many times now I just laugh.

Not having a pop at AGS, I know resources are stretched, but you're not the only ones getting shafted with the rough end of the pineapple...at least ye have pepper spray, batons & back-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

But that's not what the gardai were doing was it? As the judge decided with the nonsense that they pulled on Joan Collins.

Same with targeting residents for special attention afterwards, pure blaggarding
    Do you need salt and vinegar for that massive chip on your shoulder? As stated by anoter poster, if the protestors didn't act like scum in a lot of areas, there would have been no need for gardaí.

I had a reply but then realised we were doing the work of others by arguing.

this isnt a competition for ****tiest job not should we be racing each other to the bottom.

Many jobs are ****ty, many jobs dont get paid their true worth and many as you point out, are **** upon enough without doing it to each other

esforum wrote: »
    I had a reply but then realised we were doing the work of others by arguing.

this isnt a competition for ****tiest job not should we be racing each other to the bottom.

Many jobs are ****ty, many jobs dont get paid their true worth and many as you point out, are **** upon enough without doing it to each other
    ****tiest job?
    I would say not having one!!!!!

Do you want salt and vinegar with that?

****tiest job?
    I would say not having one!!!!!

Do you want salt and vinegar with that?

thats the same thing you keep posting, do you know what it means and can you explain how it relates to me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

His bird must be a right diva wanting a box of maltesers. Packets not good enough for her?

Advertisement