Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards deny innocent woman her malteasers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah jayyyysssssssssssssssiiiiisssssssssssssss Joooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The patience of Job, required for some careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Rumour has it his bird is still waiting on that box of malteasers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what have i just listened to??

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

That's the reality of what the guards have to deal with in this country,being told that there wife and kids will be raped by this individual.Yet people love to have a go at them for being pulled over for speeding or keeping the peace at water meter protests.

Glad i don't have to do there job,having to deal with vermin like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

I dont envy them their job what a scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    That's the reality of what the guards have to deal with in this country,being told that there wife and kids will be raped by this individual.Yet people love to have a go at them for being pulled over for speeding or keeping the peace at water meter protests.

Try retail security if you think that's bad, you don't have the same powers as AGS but still have to put up with this type of shite from low-lifes every working day & your only back-up is fellow SO's connected to the street radio network.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Try retail security if you think that's bad, you don't have the same powers as AGS but still have to put up with this type of shite from low-lifes every working day & your only back-up is fellow SO's connected to the street radio network.

but you get to carry a cool radio and say "over" a lot so i'm sure that makes up for the abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

but you get to carry a cool radio and say "over" a lot so i'm sure that makes up for the abuse.
    Tell that to the Garda :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Frozen Malteasers could be very dangerous on so many levels...Very Dangerous...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

At least the dad has his priorities right. Ombudsman then Sunday World.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

CB19Kevo wrote: »

It's the reality of shopkeepers, emergency workers, health workers and a whole host of a other people have to deal with without recourse to the protection a garda can avail of.

They deserve criticism for how they handled the water meter fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I used to date a guard, and he used to tell me awful stuff. Things people would say to him or call him. Years ago he was stationed in Dublin at the time and ended up being pushed into a canal. They definately don't get paid enough to be dealing with what they have to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Vallorrous

Golden rule for arrest I thought was to keep your mouth shut. You don't answer questions, you don't incriminate yourself, just hand over your licence and insurance documents if asked. I really think that's just common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What do they think its going to be like on the streets when they sign up?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Vallorrous

What do they think its going to be like on the streets when they sign up?:confused:

Maybe like Robocop:

Dead or Alive, you're coming with me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

So what did they expect when they signed up to be a garda, wouldn't like to deal with this day in and day out, but at day 0 you know exactly what to expect.

Vallorrous wrote: »
    Golden rule for arrest I thought was to keep your mouth shut. You don't answer questions, you don't incriminate yourself, just hand over your licence and insurance documents if asked. I really think that's just common sense.

its not as common as you think. this eejit managed to talk himself into further offences.

Bambi wrote: »
    It's the reality of shopkeepers, emergency workers, health workers and a whole host of a other people have to deal with without recourse to the protection a garda can avail of.

They deserve criticism for how they handled the water meter fiasco.

This.
    Do you really expect gardai to refuse to do their job because some people don't want to pay for their utilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I hope the reason the video ended is because they turned it off, dragged him out of the car and hopped the fcuk out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

All the way from Dublin to Galway for a bageen of malteesers?
    Suppose if he walked/cycled it he'd have burned enough calories to be able to say "the lighter way to enjoy chocolate"

I'd imagine you'd think you're making a difference to society, helping make the streets safer. Instead, you burst yourself arresting scumbags that the dogs on the street know are scumbags, for it to get to court and them to walk out of court after telling a sob story, and a slap on the wrist.

You don't expect to be pushed into a manky canal, or harrrassed if you go out in the town you're living/working in.

To protect life & property.
    To maintain the law of the land.
    Etc etc

Not sure where ' take dogs abuse & don't do anything back' comes in the job description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

bubblypop wrote: »
    To protect life & property.
    To maintain the law of the land.
    Etc etc

Not sure where ' take dogs abuse & don't do anything back' comes in the job description.

Didn't you ever watch starsky and hutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Words fail me for these gutter snipes, around the back of the station out of site of cameras and see who'll rape who (with a batton), that'll learn motormouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

So it's acceptable to tell someone you're going to rape his wife and kids because that's what he signed up for?

No one expects a copper to spend his day dealing with nicely mannered and polite members of society but you have to draw the line somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Looks like Galway Cathedral at the very end of the video

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

JJJJNR wrote: »
    So what did they expect when they signed up to be a garda, wouldn't like to deal with this day in and day out, but at day 0 you know exactly what to expect.

I know I'd expect equipment tailored for the job, sufficient man power to provide back up, vehicles designed for police work, a legal system that punishes prolific offenders and support systems in place for physical and mental trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'd imagine you'd think you're making a difference to society, helping make the streets safer. Instead, you burst yourself arresting scumbags that the dogs on the street know are scumbags, for it to get to court and them to walk out of court after telling a sob story, and a slap on the wrist.

You don't expect to be pushed into a manky canal, or harrrassed if you go out in the town you're living/working in.

so why continue doing the job?

If I felt such dissatisfaction in my employment i would try something else that was more rewarding

• Advertisement

so why continue doing the job?

If I felt such dissatisfaction in my employment i would try something else that was more rewarding

Are you for real? So if they aren't willing to listen to someone threathen to rape their wife and kids then they can't deal with the job?

Advertisement