Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards deny innocent woman her malteasers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

simple solution, drown vermin like him and his family.

Job done, no more welfare for him and his Ilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I know I'd expect equipment tailored for the job, sufficient man power to provide back up, vehicles designed for police work, a legal system that punishes prolific offenders and support systems in place for physical and mental trauma.

Getting lip service from a scumbag should be expected, the garda handled it very well, and professionally.

I've put up with the same abuse on public transport when I've had to work late, do I care, no.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Getting lip service from a scumbag should be expected, the garda handled it very well, and professionally.

I've put up with the same abuse on public transport when I've had to work late, do I care, no.

Doesnt particularly bother me either.
    The point is however, that it's not OK to threaten anyone or their family.

Contrary to popular opinion, it's actually not OK to abuse the gardai.
    Is it OK for drunken eejits to abuse a+ e staff?
    Is it OK for gurriers to throw stones at fire brigades?
    No it's not, and I would hope that just because it's common, society doesn't eventually believe that it's part of the job, the way many seem to think it is with gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

hard life, drugs, trying to change his life, family who depend on him, very sorry, not actually the vermin he might appear to be, previous 73 convictions were a whole 3 months ago so obviously turning a corner, sorry again, has a half-eaten box of maltesers as an offering of remorse, please let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

bubblypop wrote: »
    Doesnt particularly bother me either.
    The point is however, that it's not OK to threaten anyone or their family.

Contrary to popular opinion, it's actually not OK to abuse the gardai.
    Is it OK for drunken eejits to abuse a+ e staff?
    Is it OK for gurriers to throw stones at fire brigades?
    No it's not, and I would hope that just because it's common, society doesn't eventually believe that it's part of the job, the way many seem to think it is with gardai.

Nurses and firemen are not paid to maintain law and order Gardai are and unfortunately people who break the law can act like animals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I wouldn't even be arsed being alive if I was your man. "What's the point?" I'd ask myself. "The absolute state of me," I'd continue, "Sure listen to the sh*te I talk, I haven't even a brain in my head."

Then I'd repeat my refrain; "You're a'thur burstin' me leg!"

Things like that always make me think that whatever cops are paid, it should be doubled.

Thank god they do that job, so the rest of us don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

What do they think its going to be like on the streets when they sign up?:confused:

I imagine they think it will be tough but that they will have the support of the community they are working and that the people will understand and accept the tough job they do.

Nowhere does it say that they should expect to be verbally and physically abused and treated like the scum of the earth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Bouncers get just as much abuse as gardas if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bubblypop wrote: »
    This.
    Do you really expect gardai to refuse to do their job because some people don't want to pay for their utilities?

I never realized that sending armed units out to a peaceful protest was part of their remit

Neither was setting up a checkpoint outside an estate the day after a protest and pulling up any resident who had the temerity to take part to check tax and insurance.

Or arresting TDs on a public order charge and having a judge laugh the charge out of court

Unless intimidation is part of their job? :confused:

The gardai at senior level decided to involve the force in politics as they have in the past and it reflects on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Police on countries where it's still OK to beat the **** out of scumbags have a much easier life and a lot less scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

See, this kind of thing is why i have zero problem with the guards tooling someone up if they get the chance. No amount of money makes up for having to deal with that.

If these scobes knew they'd catch a hammering every time they made a nuisance of themselves then life in our cities would be so much more enjoyable.

I work in public transport and have to deal with a fair amount of their ilk and they are just worthless people who should be treated as such.

I don't care about: your "tough" life, your drink/drug problem, how someone looked funny at you when you were 11 so now you hate society. You are a pain in the bollix for literally every single other person on the planet and when i call the cops to remove you i just hope that you attempt to resist. It usually makes me go temporarily blind until you wind up cuffed in the back of the squad car feeling a little worse for wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭timmyntc

lawlolawl wrote: »
    See, this kind of thing is why i have zero problem with the guards tooling someone up if they get the chance. No amount of money makes up for having to deal with that.

If these scobes knew they'd catch a hammering every time they made a nuisance of themselves then life in our cities would be so much more enjoyable.

I work in public transport and have to deal with a fair amount of their ilk and they are just worthless people who should be treated as such.

I don't care about: your "tough" life, your drink/drug problem, how someone looked funny at you when you were 11 so now you hate society. You are a pain in the bollix for literally every single other person on the planet and when i call the cops to remove you i just hope that you attempt to resist. It usually makes me go temporarily blind until you wind up cuffed in the back of the squad car feeling a little worse for wear.

If these scobes knew that they might actually get a sentence for multiple repeat offences - as opposed to being let away with a slap on the wrist - maybe then they would cop themselves on somewhat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

lawlolawl wrote: »

A person like the one in the video would not respond to a "tooling up". You'd have to beat them to within an inch of their life and even then they'd only fear the person who actually beat them. It wouldn't teach them any lesson and they'd be much more violent towards anyone else they see in a uniform and in their own heads be justified.

Having said that, this kind of behaviour should not be tolerated. There are other options. As an example, leg cuffs and mouth guards should be standard issue for prisoners who kick or spit. Tasers should be deployed on the worst of them. Mandatory prison sentences should be given to people who become violent in a Garda station or court room. Small things but very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I've my interview for the Gardai coming up shortly. Videos like this both encourage me, but also deter me. Imagine having to go home to the wife and children after putting up with that senseless, horrible criminal.

One thing I'll tell you - a lot of people would be off on a weeks stress leave if they were threatened like that by a customer, or fellow employee. So let's cut the gardai a little slack.
    The gardai at senior level decided to involve the force in politics as they have in the past and it reflects on them

Innocent workers were being threatened and intimidated. That's not right. They are paid to install water meters. They didn't vote on it, they weren't elected and so they don't have to answer to Johnny "NOT TO WATER" Bermingham who has decided that he is above the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bambi wrote: »
    It's the reality of shopkeepers, emergency workers, health workers and a whole host of a other people have to deal with without recourse to the protection a garda can avail of.

They deserve criticism for how they handled the water meter fiasco.

Just remember to direct the criticism to Garda management, and not one of 10500 Garda rank members who do what they're told.
    What do they think its going to be like on the streets when they sign up?:confused:
    JJJJNR wrote: »
    So what did they expect when they signed up to be a garda, wouldn't like to deal with this day in and day out, but at day 0 you know exactly what to expect.

You know nothing of what to expect. You do expect to carry out your duties to the word of the law, and you expect all your hard work to come to something by getting criminals convicted. You expect management and the government to have your back when things go wrong for you. You expect to have proper equipment to deal with the situations. You expect to have proper back up for when things get hairy. You expect to receive some abuse, but also expect that abuse to be followed up with another charge and a successful conviction.

Unfortunately, even with hard work and long hours, the judiciary leaves AGS down with lenient or non-existent sentences. The government want to pay pennies and expect increased workload. Management want every opportunity to hang the Gardai and cut costs so they can show they're able to "manage" and get promotions. You don't have the proper equipment, just some pepper spray and a baton. You rarely have proper back up, especially armed. And assaults on AGS are treated like some people's opinions on here, they should expect it and just live with it. Members being permanently damaged for life and the suspect getting community service.

They can tell you in Templemore what to expect, but the reality is that it's a lot worse than someone can tell you, and it's not getting better, it's getting even worse.
    so why continue doing the job?

If I felt such dissatisfaction in my employment i would try something else that was more rewarding

Because they are probably trapped by debt. A lot of them have mortgages, loads, etc. They can't just leave. And there were good times, where the judiciary, management and government were behind Gardai, so there's the hope that it may turn that way again soon. Doubtful, but there's hope. A quite a lot have left, and more are leaving, especially the newer recruits. And it's sure not easy to leave a job that you've given not only years to, but also potential uprooting of family, leaving friends/family behind for this job. It's a massive commitment, and one which some members may not be willing to give up on yet. If the job was as bad it is currently is from Day 1 of every members start, there would be no Gardai. Things get bad, then worse, and hopefully get better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

The Gardas should of just drove at speed and f**ked that scumbag out of the car.

That would put manners on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Bouncers get just as much abuse as gardas if not more.

Utter nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Old Bill wrote: »
    The Gardas should of just drove at speed and f**ked that scumbag out of the car.

That would put manners on him.

Should have tied that dopey scumbag to the tow bar and dragged him along the road. Scum like that should be euthanised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Sadly there are probably loads of people out there defending the toerag.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

Ruu wrote: »
    Sadly there are probably loads of people out there defending the toerag.

The problem is if the Gardas laid a finger on that scumbag you would have the human rights and the civil liberties brigade defending his "rights". Thats how Politically Correct Ireland has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bambi wrote: »
    It's the reality of shopkeepers, emergency workers, health workers and a whole host of a other people have to deal with without recourse to the protection a garda can avail of.

They deserve criticism for how they handled the water meter fiasco.

no they dont. They should never have had to be there to control eejits going on like kids, stopping people from doing work on public land. Protest all you like , off to the side and let people not protesting do what they are doing. There'd have been no Gardai involved at all in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Vallorrous wrote: »
    Golden rule for arrest I thought was to keep your mouth shut. You don't answer questions, you don't incriminate yourself, just hand over your licence and insurance documents if asked. I really think that's just common sense.

Insurance documents? That's 'murican telly for ye...

What a champ that Garda is, I would've danced on that scumbags head!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

He sounds like a right NED

Non Educated Delinquent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

no they dont. They should never have had to be there to control eejits going on like kids, stopping people from doing work on public land. Protest all you like , off to the side and let people not protesting do what they are doing. There'd have been no Gardai involved at all in that case.

But that's not what the gardai were doing was it? As the judge decided with the nonsense that they pulled on Joan Collins.

Same with targeting residents for special attention afterwards, pure blaggarding

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

The Garda's "alright, very good" is so heavily laden with sarcasm you can almost hear the :rolleyes: at the end of it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The problem with that video is he should of been in the back of a proper van. The Guards should of been able to call for a van, transfer him into it & then carry on policing.

There is a over emphasis on traffic crime here due to the RSA. I totally agree with checkpoints etc at night to catch drink drivers but the numerous daytime checkpoints are a waste of resources. I have seen RSA & Customs checkpoints with three Garda cars. There was an incident last week where a person impersonated a Guard & threatened a woman driver. At the same time three Garda cars were with Customs on the other side of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eugenics for the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

People don't become astronauts because they want to drink their recycled piss.

Advertisement