Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Tips&Tricks (incl baggage-drop;connecting-flight & terminal-info)

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,153 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Or just print it like I do. About four times. I keep one in a coat pocket, one in a trouser pocket, one in my small carry-on bag, and one in the larger carry-on bag. Can’t lose them all!!

:D:pac:

Capture.jpg?impolicy=abp_cdn&imwidth=400

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Hi all, I will be flying out from Dublin airport Terminal 1 next week and due to bus times it seems i'll have a few hours to kill. Planning on getting lunch and was wondering if anyone has suggestions of good places to eat? The only place i've ever eaten there before is McDonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi all, I will be flying out from Dublin airport Terminal 1 next week and due to bus times it seems i'll have a few hours to kill. Planning on getting lunch and was wondering if anyone has suggestions of good places to eat? The only place i've ever eaten there before is McDonalds

Kyles above the ALSAA pool.
    Radisson or Kealy s ate all good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

Soma beside gate 301 is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ted1 wrote: »
    Kyles above the ALSAA pool.
    Radisson or Kealy s ate all good

Food, service, ambiance and surroundings in Kealys is really very very good but with heavy bags it’s a bit of a Trek up to the Terminal... 10-15 minute walk. Radisson is closer but there is quite a limited menu and it can feel like a rather business type hotel...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you have a few hours to kill you can get into the lounge for €28.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I normally go to The Garden Terrace in terminal 1. It's upstairs, next to the Burger King or McDonalds (can't remember which!).

It's pub grub basically, burgers etc. Nothing amazing, but not bad for airport food! And it has more of a pub feel to it, so doesn't feel like you're just waiting around in an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

irish_goat wrote: »
    If you have a few hours to kill you can get into the lounge for €28.

This is good value if you have a few hours to kill, won"t take you long to rack up €28 in snacks, sambos, soft drink, hot drinks, beers (and I think they had wine the last time I was in) in retail shops and restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The Slaney bar/restaurant in T2 is such a disgrace, flew through there on Friday. Waited 45 minutes for breakfast that was the wrong order when we got it. Major rehaul and staff training needed there. Also over charged by €19 which was refunded when I questioned her about it.

0/10 do not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Caranica wrote: »
    You haven't factored in time to get around the red car park. Some of the zones are a long way away from the entrance so that extends the time needed. I stopped using that car park because I ended up so far away almost every time.

Personally I would buy fast track, or leave earlier. You haven't allowed any wiggle room for any unexpected issues. I travel at that time 10-15 times a year and would never consider such tight timelines.
    thats not an issue for the first few flights of the day as they normally open up the first section in the red car park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

shanec1928 wrote: »
    thats not an issue for the first few flights of the day as they normally open up the first section in the red car park

Not always- depends how many spaces there are, have caught an early flight before and had to park a good but away, in saying that the transfers are pretty efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Not always- depends how many spaces there are, have caught an early flight before and had to park a good but away, in saying that the transfers are pretty efficient.

yep, ive been down in Zone Z and Zone J before on a very early flight,

Theyre long term car parks cars can been in the zones for weeks sure

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

michellie wrote: »
    The Slaney bar/restaurant in T2 is such a disgrace, flew through there on Friday. Waited 45 minutes for breakfast that was the wrong order when we got it. Major rehaul and staff training needed there. Also over charged by €19 which was refunded when I questioned her about it.

0/10 do not recommend.

I’ve always thought the food options in t2 are quite average. There are reviews of said establishment on various sites like google where it seems that receiving the wrong order is not a strange phenomenon, considering the cost of eating and indeed drinking there.. which is steep even allowing for an airport location, it’s priced in fact more expensive then a temple bar location and the portions, quality of food etc are not good. The size of the burgers and for what they charge are tiny.. and I’m looking at the breakfast where you get one sausage but four slices of bread, I mean wtf.

You can use security btw at T1, get a better dining experience and walk over to T2 after security.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hi all,
    We always, be default, choose priority security when doing short-haul flights as an extra. With Ryanair, it clearly states "Priority Security" on the boarding pass.

Just spotted on Aer Lingus boarding pass, it's labelled as "Priority Boarding" - I presume that this does indeed mean Priority Security?

On the receipt, you can see the extra charges "Priority Boarding: 2 x Departing Dublin".

We have exit row seats, which, IIRC offers Priority Boarding on to the plane itself (Which never applies to us, we're always the last ones to get on the plane as we usually fly Row 1 with Ryanair, albeit this time we're Row 13 with Aer Lingus).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I presume that this does indeed mean Priority Security?

Are you talking about "Fast track" security lanes?

If so, then no. AL Priority Boarding is just that - boarding the plane first

It appears I was wrong.

Just went to do a test booking. Priority Boarding is just that, so I just wasted €14 (which i'll get over) as I am always the last person on the plane.

I was rushing during the booking and thought that this was Fast Track purchase, given that Ryanair in T1 is approx. €6 PP for Fast Track.

I didn't see an option for Fast Track, so possibly not an option on economy flights from T2.

I've never flown out of T2 without going through Fast Track (as it was part of the ticket) - we'll get over it!

-Edit- I can buy direct from DAA. My confusion was that, with Ryanair, you could purchase it as part of your ticket. Silly mistake on my part, i'll know for again if purchasing AL flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

If you're flying Aer Lingus, make sure you sign up for Aerclub and collect tier points. The first upgrade tier, Silver, gets you free fastpass at Dublin (and some other airports in the UK in my experience) and is relatively easy to achieve.

If you're flying Aer Lingus, make sure you sign up for Aerclub and collect tier points. The first upgrade tier, Silver, gets you free fastpass at Dublin (and some other airports in the UK in my experience) and is relatively easy to achieve.

I sign up with any airlines I fly with.

Unfortunately I rarely fly Aer Lingus (almost all my flights are long-haul with the Mid Eastern carriers).

Cheers for the tip though.

Advertisement