Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Tips&Tricks (incl baggage-drop;connecting-flight & terminal-info)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Once you have a Non EU boarding card, they will sell you any amount. They don't care as all the risk is on you.

I wouldn't count on there being cheap alcohol available on arrival.

Yea it's cheaper in Dublin, probably not much in it though. I know that you can go in duty free when you get off plane over there over there but will have 3 kids in tow early morning off a long flight with transportation waiting and time to kill in Dublin airport so may as well stock up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

Hey guys

Is it worth getting fastpass security for a ryanair flight set to depart at 5.20pm?

I would think its a busy time, but I've only ever flown out of Dublin in the morning or late evening.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

confusicus wrote: »
    Hey guys

Is it worth getting fastpass security for a ryanair flight set to depart at 5.20pm?

I would think its a busy time, but I've only ever flown out of Dublin in the morning or late evening.

Thanks

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Anyone know which gates from London Luton to Dublin Ryanair usually have? FR341

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I flew to Stansted last week from gate 104 and there was a Luton flight across from mine, so around 105 - 107, although I don't know if they often change. One thing you can be definite on, it'll be between gates 101 - 120 or so, I've never known Ryanair to use any other gates apart from the 10x gates and I've been flying with them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I flew to Stansted last week from gate 104 and there was a Luton flight across from mine, so around 105 - 107, although I don't know if they often change. One thing you can be definite on, it'll be between gates 101 - 120 or so, I've never known Ryanair to use any other gates apart from the 10x gates and I've been flying with them for years.

I take it your on about Dublin?

I think the OP means which gates in Luton. However in Dublin they mainly use the 100 gates but also the 200 gates.

If it is Dublin, you can also download the Dublin Airport app which gives real time gate information, saves you waiting around for the gate number in the Terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I take it your on about Dublin?

I think the OP means which gates in Luton. However in Dublin they mainly use the 100 gates but also the 200 gates.

If it is Dublin, you can also download the Dublin Airport app which gives real time gate information, saves you waiting around for the gate number in the Terminal.

Ah yes, my bad, read the OP incorrectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

All ok it was gate 16 from Luton to Dublin d there was an hour delay so I thought I'd ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Hi,

Flying Ryanair in a couple of weeks with luggage to check-in.

How busy is it likely to be on a Saturday afternoon? Is it still all one queue for baggage drop/passport checks (non-eu) etc?

Will be parking up about 3 hours prior to departure and hoping that's enough time!

TIA

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Eponymous wrote: »
    Hi,

Flying Ryanair in a couple of weeks with luggage to check-in.

How busy is it likely to be on a Saturday afternoon? Is it still all one queue for baggage drop/passport checks (non-eu) etc?

Will be parking up about 3 hours prior to departure and hoping that's enough time!

TIA

3 hours is more than enough.

when flying with Ryanair, I'd arrive 2 hours in advance, and check in bags, stroller & car seat, and still have loads of free time for security/shopping etc...

The self service bag drop actually works quite well, and I've never seen it mental busy (even during busy periods)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Hi All,

I availed of a really good service last summer where I dropped off the large baggage after 10pm the night before we flew away.

I don't see anything on the Ryanair website. Could somebody please clarify if this service is/is no longer available?

Thanks guys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

No longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Thanks so much for the reply. It's gonna be stressful in the morning :eek:

Last question I see Ryanair have changed their onboard bags policy. For non priority can i still bring a regular backpack that will fit under the seat in front of me does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

whodafunk wrote: »
    Last question I see Ryanair have changed their onboard bags policy. For non priority can i still bring a regular backpack that will fit under the seat in front of me does anybody know?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

whodafunk wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the reply. It's gonna be stressful in the morning :eek:

Not quite backpack size if they decide to enforce the size rule on that flight.

35x20x20cm is the official size.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

I'll be travelling through Dublin T1 at a time I need to take a call for work. Can anyone suggest a relatively quiet place after security to take the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

You could find a gate which doesn't have any flights at it. Pier 2 or 3 are probably the best options. If it's during the morning rush though they'll probably all be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Turn left after going through Security, it's reasonably quiet down there, if not then downstairs there to the Aer Lingus Regional flights and then turn left at the bottom of the escalators.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Travelling tomorrow and at the moment the Dublin Airport app says we are at gate 119 (Ryanair).

Problem is I've never come across this gate and the app says it cant load info to show where it is.

I know I can find it in the morning but it would be nice to know in advance if anyone can help out.

Thanks !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Up the very end of the Ryanair hoof.

spurious wrote: »
    Up the very end of the Ryanair hoof.

I thought that only goes as far as gate 113 ? Or did they renumber the gates ? Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have a feeling it's one of those awful gates up the end on the left. I know I got stuck at one of them on a flight to Poland. Queue went all over the place, lots of chaos. We may have gone down a level to them, but definitely at the end of the forced march.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is that one of the ones downstairs at the very end?

Is that one of the ones downstairs at the very end?

Thats what I thought but as far as I know they are all 200 gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I thought that only goes as far as gate 113 ? Or did they renumber the gates ? Cheers!

When you get to the last coffee shop before gates 112/113, theres an escalator and stairs going down to ground level, a small section was added onto the pier for a few more gates. Thats where 119 is.

Jacovs wrote: »
    When you get to the last coffee shop before gates 112/113, theres an escalator and stairs going down to ground level, a small section was added onto the pier for a few more gates. Thats where 119 is.

Ah okay, Ive never boarded down that far so wouldnt have noticed the escalator, cheers for that !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The gate number often changes a few hours before the flight, I wouldn't bother doing research based on what the app is telling you the day before. Just allow for a long walk for a Ryanair flight but Dublin airport is well signposted.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    The gate number often changes a few hours before the flight, I wouldn't bother doing research based on what the app is telling you the day before. Just allow for a long walk for a Ryanair flight but Dublin airport is well signposted.

Ah yeah, I am a frequent flyer, just never flew out of a gate past 113. I'm well used to the app changing and will keep an eye.

Advertisement