Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Tips&Tricks (incl baggage-drop;connecting-flight & terminal-info)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Mr rebel wrote: »
    No baggage and a fast pass for security and you should be grand

How about arriving at Dublin airport at midday for a European flight that departs at 1:10pm? I already have fast pass booked with no checked baggage

Just an update on this;
    Arrived at Dublin airport today at 11:55 and was through security five minutes later.....fast track is the way to go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Are there restrictions on amount of liquids for checked baggage on Ryanair? I'm aware of the 100ml restriction for cabin baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

degsie wrote: »
    Are there restrictions on amount of liquids for checked baggage on Ryanair? I'm aware of the 100ml restriction for cabin baggage.

Nope. Fill your bag with coca cola for all they care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

JCX BXC wrote: »
    That would wipe out travel between the UK and Ireland to a much lower number.

For some reason, I still don't see it happening. Perhaps this is naive.

Hmmm hasn’t Spain an EU member required API from other EU countries for years though which is essentially an Esta lite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone got any good tips or tricks to use at an airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 w0bbles

Lounge Buddy App:

A handy little app to let you see whats available in a lot of airport lounges.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod note:

Temp-closed for clean-up...Similarities/cross-postings will need monitoring from here.
    Feel free to pm should you not be happy with result once re-opened.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Mod note:

Temp-closed for clean-up...Similarities/cross-postings will need monitoring from here.
    Feel free to pm should you not be happy with result once re-opened.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

on this

~ New thread created for Pre-Clearance and PassportControl queries here.
    ~ I've also incl same in the Useful links thread here.
    ~ Airport Tips&Tricks to incl as stated along with baggage-drop; connecting-flights queries and terminal information [etc - along those lines]

I've seen postings about our Passport and Cruising Megathread(s)...I will look at them, but no promises.

As I said, any issues, feel free to pm.

Thread re-opened.
    Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

Apologies if I'm going over ground already covered here but can't find what I'm looking for, though I'm sure I read it here at some stage. Is there an optimum time to check in online for an Aer Lingus Europe flight? If I check in at the earliest time of 30 hours ahead of the flight am I more or less likely likely to be allocated a seat towards the front of the plane? I seem to recall reading here that earlier worked best on Ryanair and later on Aer Lingus or else vice-versa!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Apologies if I'm going over ground already covered here but can't find what I'm looking for, though I'm sure I read it here at some stage. Is there an optimum time to check in online for an Aer Lingus Europe flight? If I check in at the earliest time of 30 hours ahead of the flight am I more or less likely likely to be allocated a seat towards the front of the plane? I seem to recall reading here that earlier worked best on Ryanair and later on Aer Lingus or else vice-versa!

You can select seats on a seat map when you check-in online with Aer Lingus. So you might as well do it as early as you can. If you want to try and get an exit row or one of the 'premium' seats at the front of the plane, wait to the airport to check-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Family Gal

Hi All

I hope this is the right thread......

We are a family of four (2adults,1infant and 1 child) drivelling to Lanzarote on Wednesday and I have 2 questions which I would like help in answering:

1. If we check in with out choosing seats will we still be allocated seats together?

2. We will be checking in 1 (or max 2) bags and if I check 1 or both under the Childs name do I get 50 percent reduction?

Thanks in advance

Family Gal wrote: »
    Hi All

I hope this is the right thread......

We are a family of four (2adults,1infant and 1 child) drivelling to Lanzarote on Wednesday and I have 2 questions which I would like help in answering:

1. If we check in with out choosing seats will we still be allocated seats together?

2. We will be checking in 1 (or max 2) bags and if I check 1 or both under the Childs name do I get 50 percent reduction?

Thanks in advance

What airline are you flying with? Vital information!

Also, have you not pre-booked the check in bags? I'd highly advise you to pre-book them now or you'll pay a fortune in the airport. As for the 50% reduction, again we really need the airline to answer that.

Thanks for reply

We are flying with Are Lingua

I plan to book bags this afternoon but just wanted some info first so as which was cheapest way to configure.

I'll try call airline again but was on hold for a while this morning .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You'll end up sitting together.

I tried to book our seats this summer but the only seats available were spread throughout the plane. I rang Aer Lingus and was told that they keep a large amount of seats towards the rear of the plane for families. We all sat together after checking In at the airport. Has happened with Ryanair as well.

Wouldn't be sure about the bag though??

Family Gal wrote: »
    Thanks for reply

We are flying with Are Lingua

I plan to book bags this afternoon but just wanted some info first so as which was cheapest way to configure.

I'll try call airline again but was on hold for a while this morning .....

If you check in online, you probably will be seated together, providing there's space. They won't deliberately separate your family.

Aer Lingus do half price luggage for children between 2 and 11, however I'm unsure if you can add this after booking.

https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-book/plan/family-first/

I just got in touch with AerLingus :

-if we don't pre book seats then we will more than likely still be sitting together

-half price luggage for children but only when booked at time of flight booking

Also baby bouncer can be used as 1 of 2 items free to bring with infant.

Thank you for replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

If you don't have lounge access, the quietest and most agreeable airside loos in DUB are to be found at gates 332 - 335. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

Hi All

Picking up family memeber from T2 tomorrow night. Just wondering if anyone knows do I have to go to the short term car park or is there a designated pick up drive through (i.e. can I just tell them 'meet me at pick up zone X outside T2').

I'm leaving after work tomorrow night and I kinda want to get in, out and home and not faff around parking/tickets etc. Shannon airport has a set down area which is ideal for this type of scenario wondering if there is something similar in T2

dont see anything on the DA website
    https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/useful-information/dropping-off-passengers

Any info appreciated

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no proper pick up area, presumably to force you to use the parking.

What I do:
    Wait somewhere closeby - the car park of the airport McDonald's or the Topaz garage.

Instruct passengers to take the lift down to Departures level of T2 and leave the building there. If they go through the 'bridge' over the road they are going the wrong way. Tell them to text me when they are waiting at 'my' pickup point.

I generally pickup at the end of where the taxis drop people. It is marked Set down only, but if they are waiting already for you, you get in nobody's way. See pic.

picture.php?albumid=2386&pictureid=15449

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

looks exactly what I'm after. Thanks for the info appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Hi, I am flying with Aer lingus from Dublin to Paris and I have 2 questions:
    1- I checked in online and received an email with the check in information, can I use that on my phone in the airport or do I have to print it?
    2- I wasn't asked to add my passport details during the online check in, is this normal? I presume that I can bring with me either my passport or my passport card.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ceebee1981

Download the app and it should give you the option to get the boarding pass on your phone and yes they don’t ask you for your passport details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaranWilliam

Yes the app is great and you can sort your check in, also look into the AerClub, its their loyalty programme. I recently joined, its free and I got priority boarding using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes the app is great and you can sort your check in, also look into the AerClub, its their loyalty programme. I recently joined, its free and I got priority boarding using it.

what's the use of Aer Lingus priority boarding when you'll already have your seat selected if you use the app to check-in the day before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaranWilliam

coylemj wrote: »
    what's the use of Aer Lingus priority boarding when you'll already have your seat selected if you use the app to check-in the day before?

If you are checking in a larger case you can skip the normal lines and when boarding too, you can get into your seat quicker. Might not be for everyone but may be good for a future trip even.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

coylemj wrote: »

Getting space for your luggage in the cabin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can anyone advise where exactly the entrance is? From what i've been researching, it's to the right of the normal security (as you look at the building from the outside)

I'm sure it'll be well signposted, but thought i'd ask anyway.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I've a silly stupid question.
    Do AL really do no free baggage bar carry on now?
    Booking flights for me wife and daughter for a week and it's looking like an extra 150-200 for our bags at least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

If you book the Plus fare it includes a free checked bag for each passenger.

Advertisement