Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is selling on adverts.ie a joke?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

893bet wrote: »
    Did you leave him negative feedback? It's the only way. he can't retaliate and give you negative

Can't on donedeal as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I have 2 offers this week ,accepted both, both no shows, why do these people bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I was trying to sell a BNIB TV there recently. Had it on Adverts for a few weeks, got low-ball offers and people making negative comments on the product reviews for the item I was selling.

Then stuck it up on DoneDeal, had it sold for the asking price to a decent lad within about 48 hours.

I know it's just one comparison, but it was way better selling on DoneDeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I accepted an offer on a watch.
    Then it turned out that yerman was in the Netherlands.
    Then it turned out that he did not have paypal.
    For some reason I decided to trust him and proceed.

But bizarrely it all turned out ok. €830 made it to my paypal account, cleared.
    He received the watch, acknowledged it and left feedback etc...

There are some happy endings on adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

boombang wrote: »
    I was trying to sell a BNIB TV there recently. Had it on Adverts for a few weeks, got low-ball offers and people making negative comments on the product reviews for the item I was selling.

Then stuck it up on DoneDeal, had it sold for the asking price to a decent lad within about 48 hours.

I know it's just one comparison, but it was way better selling on DoneDeal.

Had a look there I cant believe people wouldnt pay 350 for that haggling over 20-30 euro :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 benquinn101

Bit of a joke, difficult to use and buyers often rip the P**S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

a few years ago i was selling a ps4 the amount of car's people tried to offer me for it was crazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I sold a steam cookeron adverts.ie for 10 euro.

The guy arrives at my house and I politely ask him do you want to see it work?, thinking that he'd say no because the thing is so basic, but be comes into my house and I plug it in for him and I think he's happy. But, he's not he fills it himself with water from my tap and asks me questions like How long does it take to cook potatoes, vegetables ans what is the average temperature of it? After 20 minutes of he trialling it, he gives me the 10 e and leaves. Thinking to myself what a thorough examination for a 10e steam cooker.

30 minutes later he messages me on adverts.ie and then phones me saying that it's not what he wanted and he'd like to return it!.........because he took so long to look at it first I said no, I'm not a shop but he was like ah come on you can relist the ad and have it for sale again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Dia1988 wrote: »

The guy arrives at my house and I politely ask him do you want to see it work?, thinking that he'd say no because the thing is so basic, but be comes into my house and I plug it in for him and I think he's happy. But, he's not he fills it himself with water from my tap and asks me questions like How long does it take to cook potatoes, vegetables ans what is the average temperature of it? After 20 minutes of he trialling it, he gives me the 10 e and leaves. Thinking to myself what a thorough examination for a 10e steam cooker.

30 minutes later he messages me on adverts.ie and then phones me saying that it's not what he wanted and he'd like to return it!.........because he took so long to look at it first I said no, I'm not a shop but he was like ah come on you can relist the ad and have it for sale again!

Why would anyone bother for a bloody tenner. I seen a guy/gal with an add for a second hand toilet seat on adverts a few weeks ago. Some of the comments on the add where well funny in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Dia1988 wrote: »

Im actually weak laughing at this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Had a dashcam up for sale on it, guy offered me 40euro and said he would collect that evening, so I accepted the offer and sent him mobile number and address and asked him to text me 'roughly what time he would be collecting', received no contact so decided I better hang around the house in case he just arrives. No sign of him, no text no nothing.

He contacts me the next day, asking about collecting but I did not bother replying to him, he then started posting on my ad that I had given him the wrong number and that he had rang many times and texted, so I replied on the ad as below. Bit of fun to be had, but not great for selling stuff!!

AD:

http://www.adverts.ie/other/dash-cam-dual-camera/11458490

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Hard one to call - you both are okay on the feedback front. Potential buyer maybe a non-national (?) and English would not appear to be his first language and this could be part of the problem. I find Adverts.ie fine, but I usually look for payment up-front and this prevents any messing.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Hard one to call - you both are okay on the feedback front. Potential buyer maybe a non-national (?) and English would not appear to be his first language and this could be part of the problem. I find Adverts.ie fine, but I usually look for payment up-front and this prevents any messing.

Nah, he said he would collect that evening, and that was the only reason I accepted his offer. No contact from him that evening, I even stayed in, in case he would just call, so after that I wasn't going to bother any further with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Yes it is a joke. Negative feedback is removed so it looks like the seller is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

eamonnq wrote: »
    Nah, he said he would collect that evening, and that was the only reason I accepted his offer. No contact from him that evening, I even stayed in, in case he would just call, so after that I wasn't going to bother any further with him.

In that Ad you linked to, there does not seem to be any offer from him, or any acceptance from you. Were those comments removed?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

In that Ad you linked to, there does not seem to be any offer from him, or any acceptance from you. Were those comments removed?

Yeah, I think I cancelled his offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

He offered a screenshot. I'm 50/50 on this one

MarkY91 wrote: »
    He offered a screenshot. I'm 50/50 on this one

He offered a screenshot ? He said he would collect on the Friday evening, I gave him my details and heard nothing from him on Friday evening, no text on Friday evening, no call on Friday evening, nothing on Friday evening, I stayed in the house on Friday evening in case he would just call to collect on Friday evening but he did not collect on Friday evening, even though I accepted his offer only because he said he would collect on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He offered a screenshot ? He said he would collect on the Friday evening, I gave him my details and heard nothing from him on Friday evening, no text on Friday evening, no call on Friday evening, nothing on Friday evening, I stayed in the house on Friday evening in case he would just call to collect on Friday evening but he did not collect on Friday evening, even though I accepted his offer only because he said he would collect on Friday evening.

That there has 9 references to "Friday evening". I take it he was meant to collect it on Friday evening?

Sorry.......... :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

That there has 9 references to "Friday evening". I take it he was meant to collect it on Friday evening?

I was about to post the same thing, but I was gonna wait until Friday Evening.

op did you try contact him at all yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Bit of a joke, difficult to use and buyers often rip the P**S
    Difficult to use: well that is both a bit of a joke and taking the micelle

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

As I came home on Friday evening, as drunk as drug could be...
    Did I say Friday evening....

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Kamili wrote: »
    I was about to post the same thing, but I was gonna wait until Friday Evening.

op did you try contact him at all yourself?

The only way I had of contacting him was through Adverts, using the PM system. I sent him my details as he said he would collect on Friday evening, but on Friday evening I heard nothing from him so after Friday evening I gave up on him as he did not show up on Friday evening or contact me on Friday evening, He said he would collect on Friday evening but there was no contact from him on Friday evening even. :D

Yes he had said he would collect on the Friday evening, I gave him my details and heard nothing from him on Friday evening, no text on Friday evening, no call on Friday evening, nothing on Friday evening, I stayed in the house on Friday evening in case he would just call to collect on Friday evening but he did not collect on Friday evening, even though I accepted his offer only because he said he would collect on Friday evening, but he didn't collect on Friday evening or try to contact me on Friday evening.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Knine wrote: »
    Yes it is a joke. Negative feedback is removed so it looks like the seller is fantastic.

I've had to have negative feedback removed several times because it's so ridiculously unreasonable. I wouldn't mind negative feedback if I genuinely messed up but some people are incredibly unreasonable.

My most recent negative feedback came from an ad I have advertising a range of Gaming PC's for sale to meet varying budgets. Guy makes offer, we PM, he asks what I have for 150, then 250, I try and explain those aren't reasonable prices to build a gaming PC to play all the latest games and it's just not possible.

He doesn't reply for a while then out of the blue I get negative feedback saying 'This person is running a computer scam" - and a follow up message that night saying 'The feedback stays unless you send me €10 by paypal".

I've had other negative feedback left for stupid reasons like not travelling to sell something (advertised as collection only), not budging on the agreed asking price, a PC not having a wifi card (was never sold as having one!) and other similar things.

I prefer selling on adverts but I've had much less trouble on DoneDeal, with regards to both problematic buyers and no-shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was just meeting someone in town to sell something (A game that could have easily been tested on the spot) he meets me, looks over the box. Says 'grand, il take it home and test it, il bank transfer you the cash if it works ok. I says I have a 3DS on my person right now so il happily test it for him. He says no he only wants to test it on his 3DS, I said I'm not gonna let you waltz off with a brand new game and no cash. He tries to haggle at that point, less than half the agreed price, I said no. He spit on my shoes and walked away :l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

I was just meeting someone in town to sell something (A game that could have easily been tested on the spot) he meets me, looks over the box. Says 'grand, il take it home and test it, il bank transfer you the cash if it works ok. I says I have a 3DS on my person right now so il happily test it for him. He says no he only wants to test it on his 3DS, I said I'm not gonna let you waltz off with a brand new game and no cash. He tries to haggle at that point, less than half the agreed price, I said no. He spit on my shoes and walked away :l

I would have given him some negative feedback there and then, by wiping my shoes clean on his ar*e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

The only way I had of contacting him was through Adverts, using the PM system. I sent him my details as he said he would collect on Friday evening, but on Friday evening I heard nothing from him so after Friday evening I gave up on him as he did not show up on Friday evening or contact me on Friday evening, He said he would collect on Friday evening but there was no contact from him on Friday evening even. :D

hmm this whole story doesn't add up, sorry. Did you contact him at all on the agreed collection day to see if he was showing up by PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Kamili wrote: »
    on the agreed collection day

You mean on Friday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

I'd be interested in some used breasts.
    what kinda uses, as in badly, as in barely, or they like to be used etc, breasts and trainsets are designed for kids, but enjoyed by adults all over the world

Advertisement