Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

CFlat wrote: »
    It'll still be close I think within a few points

If I went by social media, I would agree with you. The people that I talk in real life are leaning the opposite way.

I did my part this morning to see that he doesn't win.

I honestly believe that she should walk away with this.

I hope to hell that I am right.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

valoren wrote: »
    I love how people expect elected Presidents to simply hand waive away serious problems and make them go away, or make situations better, do milestone acts etc. Congress rules policy. Thankfully. That's democracy yay! The usual process is these huge ambitious aspirations of a newly elected president, a bunch of lobbyists carousing senators, compromises are reached that let's the senator get re-elected themselves, then a watered down version of the ambitious policy is voted through by the skin of it's teeth, the greedier senators who didn't get what they wanted, voting against through spite alone. Politics hurrah!

You're a demmycrat president with a republican majority in the Congress who despise you? Better to work on your short game than expect radical policy changes such as universal health care.

What's that President Kennedy? You want to land a man on the moon in the next 8 years with rockets that are blowing up every other launch? You want to spend 25% of the federal budget on doing that? And expect each citizen, of every state to pay a little more tax to do that?
    Ok, no problem, we won't need to lobby any senators to vote for that, here's an annual billion $ stippend from the fed now, off you go now ya little scamp. :)
    Trump would get less done than Clinton. Dems and Reps hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What? Apart from her potentially being the first female President.

yes because I give a bollox about whats between her legs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

rob316 wrote: »
    Kind of proves my point. Stay class, Santiago.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

rob316 wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised if she was hung like a Baboon..:D
    Her an Bill an weird.. to say the least, laughing at the death of Gaddafi
    Quote "we came, we saw, he died" no empathy .. sick b*tch, Gaddafi did a hell of a lot for his people in Libya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

What? Apart from her potentially being the first female President.

There have been plenty of female presidents, just not in the United States. I'm not sure how that's relevant anyway.

I wonder if Stevie Wonder will run in 4 years time "It's high time this country elected a blind, black man as President". I'm joking obviously........#CaitlynJenner2020

Kind of proves my point. Stay class, Santiago.

The South American versus of Anchorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

Listening to Fox News Radio at the mo and the current call in topic is 'Who do you blame if Trump loses'? AFAIK Fox News is more Republican leaning then Democratic so it seems like a very peculiar subject this early before the results come in...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can't see him losing, it's Brexit all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

On what basis? His path to victory is much more difficult than Clinton.

Personally i think he'll get spanked.

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    There have been plenty of female presidents, just not in the United States. I'm not sure how that's relevant anyway.
    I'm not sure how the part in bold is relevant. The fact that she may be the first female President of the US is entirely relevant. The entire campaign and much of the rhetoric in media and social media (hell even on this forum and on this page) prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

I'm not sure how the part in bold is relevant. The fact that she may be the first female President of the US is entirely relevant. The entire campaign and much of the rhetoric in media and social media (hell even on this forum and on this page) prove it.

It's only as important as anyone makes it.

It's not important to a lot of us anyway. What's important is what she does, not where her reproductive organs are. Making too much of a deal of it is as condescending (albeit not intentionally) as thinking she can't do it -because- she's female. She didn't get there by being a woman, any more than she got there by having blonde hair (or whatever colour her hair was).

You suggested she is going to be the first female president.....she isn't. For the vast majority of developed nations this is a non-issue, I don't see why we here in Ireland should give that aspect of the vote a second thought.

I can see why that's a big deal for the US to give itself a pat on the back though.

There is no proof there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Larbre34 wrote: »

I hope

But I agree.

Lot of people saying "Fcuk Globalisation. Fcuk the EU/WTO. My crappy underpaid factory job has gone to China."

Steve012 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if she was hung like a Baboon..:D
    Her an Bill an weird.. to say the least, laughing at the death of Gaddafi
    Quote "we came, we saw, he died" no empathy .. sick b*tch, Gaddafi did a hell of a lot for his people in Libya.
    He was responsible for the rape and massacre of thousands of people, and you describe him as if he were some sort of benevolent uncle to the people of Libya.

Hillary Clinton's shoddy emails are somehow more serious a transgression than a brutal dictatorship, I suppose.

Perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

He was responsible for the rape and massacre of thousands of people, and you describe him as if he were some sort of benevolent uncle to the people of Libya.

Hillary Clinton's shoddy emails are somehow more serious a transgression than a brutal dictatorship, I suppose.

Perspective.

Was he now? proof..

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

It's set up for a democrat win in perpuity sadly. Letting all types of immigrants vote means they'll always win a tight race. It's legal election fraud and I wouldn't blame GOP voters for calling foul.
    I think she has it in the bag sadly

ligerdub wrote: »
    You suggested she is going to be the first female president.....she isn't. For the vast majority of developed nations this is a non-issue, I don't see why we here in Ireland should give that aspect of the vote a second thought.

I can see why that's a big deal for the US to give itself a pat on the back though.

There is no proof there either.
    1. I think it was pretty much implied from my post (and given the day that's in it) that I was referring to her being the first US President. In fact it's blindingly obvious to anyone with a brain.

2. There is a hell of a difference between the US Presidency and other countries. You're electing someone to be the most powerful person in the world.

If you cannot even admit that Hillary Clinton being a woman has hindered her hugely in this campaign then I really don't think that can be helped. Hopefully honesty will be restored in more ways than one with the result tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xqwzts

Killary is predictable, she said she would attack Iran if she wins, but yet people are worried about Trump haha. Trump is unpredictable so it is way better. Killary sold lots of uranium to russia yet she says that Trump is Putins friend haha. Killary is a criminal, brainless, arrogant, ignorant, racist, fascistic and more, but let's worry about anti establishment Trump who wants to drain the swamp... Yeah...Whoever votes for Killary must be really off.... Rigged election by Soros and Killary friends, many suicides of people who were just about to make testimony against Killary, or like the IT guy who released info about rigged election , he was shot...many cases like that but people still about some Trump saying this or that...Killary, so many years corrupting, sorry, working, and all she created was mess and wars. How brainless she has to be to set up private server with classified info? C stands for cookie alrite...and she was supposed to be the head of USA? Every other person would be in jail if did what she did and does...Lefties have no brain whatsoever... Now you can slag me, not even replying to lefties, unfollow straight away before I get non reasonable abuse for telling how it is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Perspective.

whats this rape you speak of?

Gaddafii mightn't have been your type of leader but life in Libya was a hell of a lot better then than now. He was reasonably popular - so what he had a secret police ....most countries do it's hardly unique.

Saying he was an asshole doesn't exonerate the US for the deaths of 100s of thousands ...
    The same argument would apply to Iraq also - but I accept it was pre-clinton for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

No dear I was talking to the other poster there when I pointed out that in her link, it was unclear when Trump knew what's his name.

Have a read over the posts again. I quoted a link. You told me that it was meaningless. I pointed out you were wrong.

Trump is a good buddy of Jeff Epstein, convicted pedophile.

Steve012 wrote: »
    Was he now? proof..

cheers
    Google the Abu Salim prison massacre or read Linday Hilsum's book about it.

Nobody seriously contests this.

arayess wrote: »
    whats this rape you speak of?
    There are well-documented reports by respected jounralists which have been corroborated in recent years.

Gaddafii mightn't have been your type of leader but life in Libya was a hell of a lot better then than now
    Of course but that's not the point I'm making.

I'm saying that he was far more serious a criminal, by any standard, than Hillary Clinton, who is 'guilty' of handling her emails in a particular way, that was (oddly) never an issue when Colin Powell and GW Bush did the same.

1. I think it was pretty much implied from my post (and given the day that's in it) that I was referring to her being the first US President. In fact it's blindingly obvious to anyone with a brain.

Of course it is.....and had there not been democratically elected female heads of state throughout the world for the guts of 40-50 years then it might be a big deal, but it isn't.
    2. There is a hell of a difference between the US Presidency and other countries. You're electing someone to be the most powerful person in the world.

Not really, it's just that they are very good at marketing themselves as the only ones that matter, it's just not true. If anything their power is less significant than the likes of someone like the UK Prime Minister, were it not for the monarchy of course. It's a very visible role though, I'll grant you that.
    If you cannot even admit that Hillary Clinton being a woman has hindered her hugely in this campaign then I really don't think that can be helped. Hopefully honesty will be restored in more ways than one with the result tomorrow.

Really? She hasn't half used it as a selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Have a read over the posts again. I quoted a link. You told me that it was meaningless. I pointed out you were wrong.

Trump is a good buddy of Jeff Epstein, convicted pedophile.

Wires crossed. I was definitely talking to another poster and can't remember what about, at this point.

Someone pointed out that a lot of prominent people know that man. Being socially acquainted isn't a crime. I think such comments just muddy the water especially after the false claim that he was charged with child rape. ''A good buddy'' is a figure of speech, and even if he himself said that, Donald Trump is a flippant conversationalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Larbre34 wrote: »

These reasons...
    Trump is a vote against the establishment
    People like guns
    People don't like the media telling them who to vote for
    Some people will not vote for Hillary because she is a woman
    The Clintons
    The wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

There are well-documented reports by respected jounralists which have been corroborated in recent years.

Of course but that's not the point I'm making.

I'm saying that he was far more serious a criminal, by any standard, than Hillary Clinton, who is 'guilty' of handling her emails in a particular way, that was (oddly) never an issue when Colin Powell and GW Bush did the same.

she was responsible to the destruction of nations and the deaths of many more people than gaddafi killed.
    She sat at the top table and ratified all this .
    Notwithstanding the nod she (and saint barrack) gave the the Egyptian military to overthrow mohamed morsi and the brotherhood (who won the fcukin election) because the Egyptians didn't vote the right way.

I was in north africa at the time morsi was overthrown and I watching CNN (assume an international version) - it was vomit inducing - some Clinton shill saying that the Egyptians were only new to democracy and didn't understand the ramifications of their vote for morsi and the army were saving the country.

furthermore she has her hand in the current fighting in yemen where the saudi's (with US weapons) are bombing the fcuk out of women and kids.

have you no fcukin perspective...really?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lillycakes2

wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

wrong

Do you even know what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Google the Abu Salim prison massacre or read Linday Hilsum's book about it.

Nobody seriously contests this.

I dont condone the killings in any way, but that prison held a lot of the types that would become ISIS fanatics. Qaddafi jailed anyone who started to take islam too seriously, to the chagrin of the Wahhabist Saudis. Its ironic that both he and Saddam had their cards marked by the yanks for not tolerating extremists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement