Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do for a living?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I play a millionaire at parties.

At least I'd like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I ask adults what their favourite colours are, and variations on that theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Renegade Mercenary Daytime TV Soap Star Brain Surgeon Liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Back off man I'm a scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Elemonator wrote: »
    Ah you can't deny its a cracking job though! Maybe even recession proof, with insolvency and all that. Were the exams hard?

Recession proof maybe, the country will always need it's money counted!

Nothing I'd like to repeat again in this life time but I survived. I did the last two pregnant which is not something I or my poor husband would advise, God love him ;)

There's a few lecturers who do revision courses etc that are invaluable, so a bit of research on the best courses to attend and you're half way there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

BraveDonut wrote: »
    I am Chandler Bing

You're a transponster!
    Damn, beaten to it.
    Tech support here and I pretend I know everything about everything in IT, besides our own product, so Google gets heavy use! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I'm a Psychiatric Nurse

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

I'm an engineer in a bacon factory

Spend my day Baconeering

Come home smelling of bacon..

number of bitches ...

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I listen to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

mojesius wrote: »
    I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9 that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, kay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9 that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, kay.

Mmmmmmmstapler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I play a millionaire at parties.

At least I'd like to.

My feet hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I'm a rent boy/sugar baby/shoeshiner/webcam performer.

Not really, I work for Irish Water but I didn't wanna admit it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

I'm a rent boy/sugar baby/shoeshiner/webcam performer.

Not really, I work for Irish Water but I didn't wanna admit it :o

If you do work for IW my deepest sympathies to you. Bankers at parties you go to must breath a sigh of relief when you're asked what you do for a living first.

I work with people who have disabilities.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I install & maintain the gas & steam turbines, & generators that provide you with your electricity.

I do this globally on an uber industrial level.

Charge up your phone last night? You're Welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I gotta wake my ass up at 6am every morning this week--drive up to Las Colinas (eh... there outside Newbridge) -yeah I'm doing the drywall at the new McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I'm a trainee accountant. :) And I'm so close to finishing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Elemonator wrote: »
    A lot of mods seem to be into the old IT.

Professional neckbeards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

I have been retired for over 17 years. When I did work it was in science related to wildlife and environmental issues. Now I draw a lovely pension, that I paid into for over 35 years, for a living. Cushiest job going.

You get out, what you put in.

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Journalist. People always assume IT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Working in IT as a Software Developer and Systems Administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'm a software engineer, I work for a company but am developing my own software aswell since I have the expertise to market it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I work as a project manager, which is as much fun as it sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I work in HSE admin...patient-facing though and there's not enough time to do all that needs to be done and never a dull moment. Definitely not overstaffed and underworked where I am anyway. I enjoy it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

How am I burdening the state exactly?!? By having a family! Tax USC and prsi are being paid while I'm on maternity leave as I receive my full wage? So no I'm not burdening the state anymore than anyone else that chooses to have children!

Don't feel you have to justify it, We should be thanking you for producing our future pension payers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I used do nothing and I now I'm retired.

Seriously...my family invented dice so I live off the royalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

currently in college so partially dependent on parents, partially on a part time job as a carer (am studying nursing in college). Sad how If I work full time as a carer I can earn as much as a newly qualified nurse. Doesn't inspire me to stay here as a qualified nurse. GEM here I come! (Little rant there about the ridiculous pay that nurses earn, luas drivers need to dun their chlab)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Boards moderator, the pay is shît. That's all I have to say.

But seriously, I work in IT. I won't get into specifics.

I wish you would get into specifics, I'd love to know what exactly "working in IT" involves because nearly every second person say it's what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Work in a coldstore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

In a round about way I work in International Development and human rights policy.

Advertisement