Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

767 on a hover barge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bit of progress being made now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,900 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching on the live feed..... I really feel for that poor fecker at the junction of the main street and the pier road beside Harnett's (or whatever it's called these days, think it's changed?).... stuck there in the rain and cold, and soon to be dark, with not a bit of a view of the action. Hope he's being paid well!

Getting dark now. Be able to see feck all soon enough. :(

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Getting dark now. Be able to see feck all soon enough. :(
    Looks like they've plenty of lighting set up.... they need to get this done before the next tide comes in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Are the monster moves crowd from america covering this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

sure does beat they ray darcy show viewing this, good lighting to:)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

good zoom on that camera!

if them boyos make a balls of this we'll all look like eejits.........confirmed!

here we go, crane is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

onlyme! wrote: »
    if them boyos make a balls of this we'll all look like eejits.........confirmed!

Only Irish people search for negatives in a positive story.

If this was the USA, there'd be not one negative comment. But its Ireland and many are hoping for a failure to say 'i told you so '

Thankfully this operation has been very well planned with plan a, b c and d drawn up. Just plan b has been needed.

Why can't we just say congratulations to him for having the guts and determination to do something different that will help everyone in his community and at the same time gets the entire enniscrone population working together.

But sure its Ireland - famous for begrudery and whining. (otherwise known aa pure jealousy)

• Advertisement

here we go, crane is out
    Said crane is fairly tiddling looking up next to the plane and barge :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fair play to him. thats a big risk. id say his business will 'fly' after this!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Is it just me or does the crane look unbelievably small alongside the 767 (i.e. too small to lift the 767)

VincePP wrote: »
    Only Irish people search for negatives in a positive story.

If this was the USA, there'd be not one negative comment. But its Ireland and many are hoping for a failure to say 'i told you so '

Thankfully this operation has been very well planned with plan a, b c and d drawn up. Just plan b has been needed.

Why can't we just say congratulations to him for having the guts and determination to do something different that will help everyone in his community and at the same time gets the entire enniscrone population working together.

But sure its Ireland - famous for begrudery and whining. (otherwise known aa pure jealousy)
    In fairness, that is literally the first - the very first - negative comment I've heard since I heard about this a couple of months ago.

The whole country, bar that poster, seems to be behind it!

its great to see, also a good news story for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I really hope RTE commissions the documentary series on this, was listening to the producer talking about it on the radio earlier. He's too good a character to let go to waste.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    In fairness, that is literally the first - the very first - negative comment I've heard since I heard about this a couple of months ago.

The whole country, bar that poster, seems to be behind it!

ment as a joke not a negative comment but some of us irish are so touchy touchy

maudgonner wrote: »
    I really hope RTE commissions the documentary series on this, was listening to the producer talking about it on the radio earlier. He's too good a character to let go to waste.

I heard a woman who's a documentary maker interviewed on the radio earlier today (possibly the same one?) who has had her eye on David McGowan since 2002 or something - he's an undertaker, and embalmed and buried her father. I didn't hear the end of the interview, but she said she'd love to do something like a 6-parter reality series on this whole shebang, á la The Gleneagles - well I bet after this publicity, that would be an absolute guaranteed winner!

This definitely won't be the last we'll hear of him, of that I'm sure :D

I heard a woman who's a documentary maker interviewed on the radio earlier today (possibly the same one?) who has had her eye on David McGowan since 2002 or something - he's an undertaker, and embalmed and buried her father. I didn't hear the end of the interview, but she said she'd love to do something like a 6-parter reality series on this whole shebang, á la The Gleneagles - well I bet after this publicity, that would be an absolute guaranteed winner!

This definitely won't be the last we'll hear of him, of that I'm sure :D

Yeah, that's her. Gillian Marsh - she's the perfect person to do it, based just down the road in Crossmolina and she's made good series before. Hopefully they've got cracking footage from today and the last week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,150 ✭✭✭✭looksee

cherrytaz wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the crane look unbelievably small alongside the 767 (i.e. too small to lift the 767)

The pic from the Clare Champion http://s32.postimg.org/6206iny2t/DSC_1085.jpg makes the crane look huge against the plane, there must be some odd perspective on the live feed!

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    The pic from the Clare Champion http://s32.postimg.org/6206iny2t/DSC_1085.jpg makes the crane look huge against the plane, there must be some odd perspective on the live feed!
    That's a different crane!

And I suspect this one will look a bit "better" once it's unfolded itself......

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ricimaki

looksee wrote: »

That crane is huge, but the one up in Enniscrone isn't:
    Ch4JBr5WsAAVzEr.jpg

That's a different crane!

And I suspect this one will look a bit "better" once it's unfolded itself......

Yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before. Boats and planes are referred to as 'she', but cranes are definitely male :D:D

a little bit smaller and lighter, dont want it to sink!

a little bit smaller and lighter, dont want it to sink!

hope thats not a negative comment!

none of that around here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

As said on the other thread, it is mighty and a bit daft, but what the heck.

Like eat the peach, back in the day.

Fair play to that man, he is fulfilling a dream. My god, how brave and entertaining at the same time.

I just hope his venture works out for him. I love eccentricity. Marvellous in this monochrome world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Quite a few spectators still braving the elements, fair play to them!

Tide gone back out a fair bit. Barge is now sitting on relatively dry (albeit very soft) land. Sleepers going down alongside the barge now. Hope there's some movement soon!

certainly is a race against time at this stage, its great to watch. well done to whoever provided the feed, very clear. and to the the guy in the teleporter booting it up and down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

Crane on the move now.

Advertisement