Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

767 on a hover barge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

rocking quite a bit! horrible afternoon for it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Aerohead wrote: »
    Any chance u could get them to straighten the camera on the live stream

I'm working in Dundalk, I mean I have the second monitor showing the streams :D

Wish I was there. Could've got a surf in and some tasty footage of the landing.

very close now, live camera is a great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

What's the 767 camera link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its on the previous page of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Are they using the hover barge here? Or just a regular one?

just click the link, you can watch live.

just click the link, you can watch live.

I'm watching now, just don't see any hovering. Was there a change of plan or has it just not fired up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Looks like they've got a line tied off to some excavators and they're dragging it onto shore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just been there and its miserable! Theyve got four diggers pulling it in, seemingly taking turns. Barge doesnt look like its hovering to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Still another 40 minutes till high tide according to the YouTube comments. Get it as high up the beach as they can with the diggers and then let the retreating tide beach her. Presumably they'll load her onto a flatbed if the tide goes out far enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I like that the even have an air traffic control tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ladydeadlock

hardCopy wrote: »
    Still another 40 minutes till high tide according to the YouTube comments. Get it as high up the beach as they can with the diggers and then let the retreating tide beach her. Presumably they'll load her onto a flatbed if the tide goes out far enough.

I wonder how they will get the flatbed to travel on the sand? Will it not just sink into the sand?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,941 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gawd, that's one miserable looking evening down there - maybe I'm not quite so sorry now I couldn't get down :D

Still an amazing sight, I'm dying to see what they do from here.... I'll be glued to a silent live-stream the whole night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I wonder how they will get the flatbed to travel on the sand? Will it not just sink into the sand?

I think someone mentioned putting railway sleepers down.

Anyone know where it's final destination is? I thought it was down the pier road somewhere, but I can't imagine that "big yoke" getting through any of the streets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Not exactly flying now, is it?

In fairness, I pity anybody out there in that weather....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Isn't the final destination the old Tuffys? On the left towards the gold course.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone know where it's final destination is? I thought it was down the pier road somewhere, but I can't imagine that "big yoke" getting through any of the streets :eek:

The campsite is the other side of the main road from the beach, about 200 yards towards Ballina.

There's a bunch of sleepers piled at the back of the beach. Theyre not deployed and I can only see one small crane in the area, so I think it'll be a good while yet before its offloaded and taken to the site.

Edit: as above

Isn't the final destination the old Tuffys? On the left towards the gold course.
    The garage?

Dunno, I'm sure I heard Pier Road somewhere along the way..... but unless it's in the middle of the mobile homes then I honestly can't see how they'll drag that anywhere.... We managed to get a car and caravan stuck down there when I was a kid, never mind a fecking jet plane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Supposed to behind the old garage yeah. High tide has passed. If something doesn't happen soon I reckon it'll be abandoned until daylight tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Alot of messing going on.
    Diggers that look abit small pulling a crazy long line and going nowhere fast.

I'd have thought they'll be waiting for the tide to recede to bring trucks/diggers/gawdknowswhat onto the beach to drag it up.... so will all happen after dark, which will be a bit of a swizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Looks like the diggers are just being used as an anchor. Not moving at all. In fairness that barge has sunk in the sand by now. :rolleyes:

The big crane is here and the sleepers are beng laid!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

deecom wrote: »
    Looks like the diggers are just being used as an anchor. Not moving at all. In fairness that barge has sunk in the sand by now. :rolleyes:

I'd say they were hoping to dig a bit of a channel to get her a few metres closer to where the crane can pick her up!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bro in law is down there and says word on the street is it'll be three hours before they land her.

• Advertisement

Yep, going to take sometime yet. A long way to place the sleepers

Advertisement