Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

767 on a hover barge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is the barge being berthed at a pier or at the beachhead? And I suppose it's the same crane and truck to take it to its final destination ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Will it be kept in Transaero colours I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is the barge being berthed at a pier or at the beachhead? And I suppose it's the same crane and truck to take it to its final destination ?

Beach, apparently. It'll then be taken to the campsite through the land of the local ex-councillor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Saturday about 10am is the supposed time it lands in Enniscrone now.

Is this still the timeline? We'll definitely pop down if so.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Is this still the timeline? We'll definitely pop down if so.

As of yesterday, yes. But there are rumblings of it taking longer, maybe until Sunday morning. I presume the facebook page will update this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

As of yesterday, yes. But there are rumblings of it taking longer, maybe until Sunday morning. I presume the facebook page will update this evening.

That's great news for us, rumours around here was for 7pm arrival this eve which would be awkward with kids.
    I'm not on Facebook so keeping an eye elsewhere for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

Beach, apparently. It'll then be taken to the campsite through the land of the local ex-councillor.

This, they've gotten railway sleepers or similar kit from the Shell site in Belmullet for running out over the sand.

Passing Broadhaven bay at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Buffman

Tabnabs wrote: »
    For all you landlubbers on here, you can follow the progress of the tug and barge combo on here (assuming this is the right tug).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:697319/mmsi:375767000/imo:9510670/vessel:MTS_STATUM/_:ef134c20b4ef4370ca0fec1e523c4146

Looks from that like a dutch cargo ship just overtook them, I'd say the crew don't see that every day!:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Buffman

Sligo Coast Guard helicopter orbiting the tug and barge at the moment, hope all's ok.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:290915/mmsi:250002898/imo:0/vessel:SAR_250002898

Edit:Coast Guard look to be heading back to Strandhill now, hopefully just a sightseeing flight.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Buffman wrote: »
    Sligo Coast Guard helicopter orbiting the tug and barge at the moment, hope all's ok.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:290915/mmsi:250002898/imo:0/vessel:SAR_250002898

Edit:Coast Guard look to be heading back to Strandhill now, hopefully just a sightseeing flight.
    I'd say they went out for a look-see (who wouldn't!) and to say hello.

Tug still clipping along at a tidy 8kts, can't be much wrong there!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

The action on the beach should be visible on the web camera. I can't post a link but if you go to
    thelighthouse(dot)ie
    and select beach view. At least until the interweb goes into melt down.

Not sure where she is due to moor overnight, if close to the pier it will be out of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Due to pier for 8pm tonight according to 17.00 news on Today fm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

roundymac wrote: »
    Will it be kept in Transaero colours I wonder?
    A mate told me that they tweeted EI asking to use EI livery but looking at their twitter account I cant see the tweet to EI. Maybe he was mistaken.

According to my mother, arriving to Enniscrone at 7am, coming off the beach at 10. Construction will go on and theyre waiting for a wedding to pass, and it'll be 5pm before it reaches the campsite. Dunno how this tallies with reports of it arriving this evening, although that might mean the northen reaches of Killala Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

According to my mother, arriving to Enniscrone at 7am, coming off the beach at 10. Construction will go on and theyre waiting for a wedding to pass, and it'll be 5pm before it reaches the campsite. Dunno how this tallies with reports of it arriving this evening, although that might mean the northen reaches of Killala Bay.
    It's at the NW corner of Killala Bay now.

I wonder can you anchor something that size? Suppose they anchor ships that are far heavier but would a tug have a big enough anchor? Maybe it'll just trundle around Killala for the night until tomorrow morning's high tide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's at the NW corner of Killala Bay now.

I wonder can you anchor something that size? Suppose they anchor ships that are far heavier but would a tug have a big enough anchor? Maybe it'll just trundle around Killala for the night until tomorrow morning's high tide!

Biggest ships in World are held by anchors, they would tie up the barge alongside the tug and her anchor will hold them both

Sorry, I've now been told it won't hit the beach until the necessary high tide tomorrow evening.Whatever happens it should be there to be seen in Enniscrone all day tomorrow anyway!

Sorry, I've now been told it won't hit the beach until the necessary high tide tomorrow evening.Whatever happens it should be there to be seen in Enniscrone all day tomorrow anyway!

That's excellent, we'll be there for sure for a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Tenger wrote: »
    A mate told me that they tweeted EI asking to use EI livery but looking at their twitter account I cant see the tweet to EI. Maybe he was mistaken.

A shrewd airline would colour it their way for advertising alone :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

MugMugs wrote: »
    A shrewd airline would colour it their way for advertising alone :)

I think they have literally missed the boat on that one.coverage will die off.

The exterior of a static aircraft is very hard to maintain (fade, nature, rust runs etc) and can become a sorry sight after a few years so would be a risk as it would be out of the control of the airline.

Appears anchored off Enniscrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ek9er

I used to taxi past that yoke heading for 24 in the morning when we couldn't use 06. I left snn in mid 14' and always wondered what they would do with it! Amazing to see it leave in such a way.. was so depressing to see it rotting outside, not to mention the rest of the equipment left scattered around

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

There's live video feed set up for the morning.
    Smashtech.TV or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

It is put off till this eve now as sea conditions are not suitable and weather is to worse as day go's on so could be tomorrow yet.

Estimated to hit the beach about 5. Currently about 400m off the pier. There's parking in a field and some along the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Just working away here with the Enniscrone beach cam and the 767 camera on my 2nd monitor. Tide is half seven I think. She's being fairly thrown around out there. Going to be interesting watching them bring her ashore

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Just working away here with the Enniscrone beach cam and the 767 camera on in the background. Tide is half seven I think. She's being fairly thrown around out there. Going to be interesting watching them bring her ashore

Any chance u could get them to straighten the camera on the live stream

Advertisement