Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

I'd be real careful recommending or mentioning any kind of drug, herbal or otherwise for a child.
    Well ya obviously research it and talk to your GP first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Had a crap night. Feels like man flu was back, headache and pains and sweating. Probably got to sleep about 8am and slept until 4pm.
    Now i'm thinking i won't sleep tonight.

Haven't even eaten anything. And i have wedding in Portugal next week and worried about the meal. Really stupid but when i am anxious my appetite is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Had a crap night. Feels like man flu was back, headache and pains and sweating. Probably got to sleep about 8am and slept until 4pm.
    Now i'm thinking i won't sleep tonight.

Haven't even eaten anything. And i have wedding in Portugal next week and worried about the meal. Really stupid but when i am anxious my appetite is crap.

Same as - I'm hardly eating anything

I'm gonna bow out for a while lads. Look after each other x

I'm gonna bow out for a while lads. Look after each other x

All ok?

• Advertisement

All ok?

No. But I'll be keeping an eye out. Be good guys n gals

Mind yourself dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Hope your ok dunne we are here if u need us

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Thank you for all the replies. Medications are slow coming (understandable) and even slower increasing in minors. I know when I went on anti d's it was much quicker up to a level of feeling ok

I can relate absolutely and it is helpful not like 20 year ago when I would have been told to snap out of it.

Sorry for all who are struggling. I hope everyone is having a good day
    I've already lost someone close to suicide . It's not the answer x my god the devastation family friends children. Please reach out . I really hope it never comes to my door again

Abba987 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the replies. Medications are slow coming (understandable) and even slower increasing in minors. I know when I went on anti d's it was much quicker up to a level of feeling ok

I can relate absolutely and it is helpful not like 20 year ago when I would have been told to snap out of it.

Sorry for all who are struggling. I hope everyone is having a good day
    I've already lost someone close to suicide . It's not the answer x my god the devastation family friends children. Please reach out . I really hope it never comes to my door again

Best of luck mate.
    It's important to reach out. I am a living example of it.
    I've mentioned before i recently lost 2 friends through suicide. When i got that call from friend to tell me the news it was horrific and never want to get a call like that again.`

When i felt so low and just felt like ending it all i reached out. It was only a thought and i had no plan but it worried me that i was thinking that. In reality i know i wouldn't do it as i'd be too afraid to. I thought of my 3 Nephews who adore me, my family, friends and even my dogs. So i just picked up the phone and text my best friend and told him what i was thinking and he came straight up to me.
    It's good to talk.

If people don't have family or friends to talk to there are plenty of places to call to talk.

Samaritans ph. 116123
    Pieta House ph. 1800 247 247

https://www.samaritans.org/?nation=ireland

https://www.pieta.ie/?/help-someone-whos-suicidal/useful-links/

There is hope out there.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any advice on boosting appetite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Its not really boosting per say but I survived on yoghurts for a while when I wasnt really eating. They didnt seem as objectionable to me at the time as real food.

My GP prescribed me ensure plus. Full of proteins and vitamins.
    It has helped. But you need to cut down on the drink as it doesn't help especially if your anxious too.

TG1 wrote: »
    Its not really boosting per say but I survived on yoghurts for a while when I wasnt really eating. They didnt seem as objectionable to me at the time as real food.

I used to love drinking yop.

Maybe get a blender one more troy and make smoothies which is much easier to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dawido

Is anyone experience anxiety/depression disappearance during the night time? I feel huge energy boost after 10 P.M.

Dawido wrote:
    Is anyone experience anxiety/depression disappearance during the night time? I feel huge energy boost after 10 P.M.

I remember Bressie said he used to go for runs at about 2am when he was a teenager due to his anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Dawido wrote: »

I have noticed the anxiety was always worse in the morning and by tea time it would usually lift. This was any day, work day or weekend so no obvious reason it was that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Yeah I'm getting that too - part of me wonders if its a food thing, not eating enough early on and then having a big dinner late in the day.

I find that sometimes you feel the pressure to do things during the day like most people and it drains your energy.
    At night time, you relax a bit cos it's stereotypically a time where a lot of people chill out which in turn calms you down slightly and raises the mood and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

On trying to gain weight what about home made smoothies?

Freeze very ripe bananas.
    Buy frozen berries - very reasonable priced at 2 euro in Dunne’s
    Liquidize with milk and or yoghurt
    Add small amounts Chia seeds etc available from LIDL or Aldi I think, not sure which.

Delicious drink and high calorie

Dunne’s have some ready to liquidize frozen smoothly mixes for around 2 euro

Look up google for more smoothie ideas

• Advertisement

I'm just so sad feeling at the moment just so so down . I can't get myself outta it hate feeling like this

Had an argument with my Sister earlier. She came up to collect kids. I know she is trying to help me but i told her it's having the opposite effect. Trying to push me to go to more meetings and the like.

Some people don't just understand how low i am feeling, and trying to help me sometimes makes me feel more low because they say the wrong thing.

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I'm just so sad feeling at the moment just so so down . I can't get myself outta it hate feeling like this

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, you're never alone we're always here

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Had an argument with my Sister earlier. She came up to collect kids. I know she is trying to help me but i told her it's having the opposite effect. Trying to push me to go to more meetings and the like.

Some people don't just understand how low i am feeling, and trying to help me sometimes makes me feel more low because they say the wrong thing.

I understand the feeling, dealing with family is very hard for me too at the moment

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, you're never alone we're always here

Thanks so much feel so alone !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Thanks so much feel so alone !

When this anxiety overtook me I too felt so alone even with the support of family and friends. But with the best will in the world, they don't really know what it's like and that makes you feel so adrift. Take solace that this low will lift and you will have good days. Be kind to yourself ... have a treat to lift the gloom. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have been struggling a bit this week. Have had a few really anxious days. Not sure if this tapering off my meds idea was such a brilliant one. Am back next week at my gp so hopefully ill get a bit of reassurance there.

Cbt is great for anxiety , also using it try and change my negative core beliefs about myself . I hear you on the health anxiety I got my full MRI report this week and tho thank god it's nothing serious it will be a long road to be pain free .
    The pain really does not help my head and not being able to do the things I used to be .
    Ok enough feeling sorry for myself sorry guys

veganrun wrote: »
    Been a while since I was in here. My anxiety has been ok but today I got some bad news about one of my family. They found a lump and got it checked and it turns out it has cancerous cells. They have to get a few more scans first then meet the surgeon to discuss treatment but it was a huge shock.

The GP wasn't at all concerned but referred her anyway so I think everyone is stunned.

When she was telling me I started to feel like I was going to faint and I started sweating a lot. Really don't know what to think but then I feel bad about being stressed as I'm sure she's feeling worse.

Trying not to think the worst as it doesn't bare thinking about. ��

I have bad health anxiety and I'm doing CBT for it and I'm trying to avoid googling stuff as I would be doing so with the aim of reassuring myself but will probably end up even more stressed.

Sorry to hear about your family member being sick . So hard for you

• Advertisement

veganrun wrote: »
    Been a while since I was in here. My anxiety has been ok but today I got some bad news about one of my family. They found a lump and got it checked and it turns out it has cancerous cells. They have to get a few more scans first then meet the surgeon to discuss treatment but it was a huge shock.

The GP wasn't at all concerned but referred her anyway so I think everyone is stunned.

When she was telling me I started to feel like I was going to faint and I started sweating a lot. Really don't know what to think but then I feel bad about being stressed as I'm sure she's feeling worse.

Trying not to think the worst as it doesn't bare thinking about. ��

I have bad health anxiety and I'm doing CBT for it and I'm trying to avoid googling stuff as I would be doing so with the aim of reassuring myself but will probably end up even more stressed.

Sorry to hear that about your family member. And yes you are right, google will just make you more anxious.

Advertisement