Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Having another ****ty day today

Me too actually:( must be something in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Didn't sleep well last night, police sirens and garda helicopter out for ages.

Still haven't heard back from Irish life. And my friends wedding is in 2 weeks time in Portugal so worried i won't be able to go. Already paid for my flight and hotel too. Just more added stress.

I want to go, was going to ask my Brother for a lend but shy to. It's only 3 day's but think it would do me good to be with good friends and some sun.

Well just got a letter today from the HSE that my GP ordered to see a Psychiatrist to counter Irish life, Appointment was at 2 pm today so obviously missed it but did call and explain that i only received the letter today.

Just having no luck at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Well just got a letter today from the HSE that my GP ordered to see a Psychiatrist to counter Irish life, Appointment was at 2 pm today so obviously missed it but did call and explain that i only received the letter today.

Just having no luck at all.

Was the letter dated? Slow post?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Was the letter dated? Slow post?

Yes the letter was dated 24th of May but envelope 28th May. And it said if i didn't show i would be put to end of the list. How the feck could i show when i got the letter after my appointment time. Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Yes the letter was dated 24th of May but envelope 28th May. And it said if i didn't show i would be put to end of the list. How the feck could i show when i got the letter after my appointment time. Frustrating.

Sounds like they f'd you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Finally feel I'm turning a corner after all these months. Feeling more like my old self in the last few weeks. The past few months have been rough. Constant raised anxiety due to starting meds, changing meds, upping doses etc. Have levelled out at a dose that feels right. Plus I had my first unassisted sleep for a long time last night.

No power nap yesterday but couldn't sleep last night. Awake until about 4am. It's strange how my sleeping pattern keeps changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Have an exam Tuesday. So scared and feel so screwed. Pray for me/light a candle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Finally feel I'm turning a corner after all these months. Feeling more like my old self in the last few weeks. The past few months have been rough. Constant raised anxiety due to starting meds, changing meds, upping doses etc. Have levelled out at a dose that feels right. Plus I had my first unassisted sleep for a long time last night.

That feeling of waking up after a full nights sleep that came naturally when you are struggling to sleep is one of the best in the world I think! Good on you sheepdip!

• Advertisement

Guys, we need a meet up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Guys, we need a meet up.

It's been suggested a few times but not followed through mostly due to anxiety and depression making some people (me me me me) unreliable for a meet up.. In saying that there are many different posters here since the last time it was suggested so perhaps it might work this time..

It's been suggested a few times but not followed through mostly due to anxiety and depression making some people (me me me me) unreliable for a meet up.. In saying that there are many different posters here since the last time it was suggested so perhaps it might work this time..

Agree ! I would love it but know in my heart I would bail last minute with anxiety :(

What about a game of bowling, have some fun and some chat. Only an hour or 2.

Guys, we need a meet up.

How are u ?

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Agree ! I would love it but know in my heart I would bail last minute with anxiety :(

You will be with like minded people. If i can walk darkness into light everything is possible. I had to push myself but i did it and proud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Awfully depressed tonight, in work and just feel like a burst balloon. My own fault, missed my meds yesterday, took them earlier but it hapens sometimes like my own subconscious tricking me..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Awfully depressed tonight, in work and just feel like a burst balloon. My own fault, missed my meds yesterday, took them earlier but it hapens sometimes like my own subconscious tricking me..

I have meds for 4 days and am told I need to see the doctor to get the new prescription but I said I don't need to see the doctor. I get anxious going there. I don't think I'll get them without seeing the doctor which I'm not going to do.

My important med is for high blood pressure. :(

I take meds and eat at the same time every day to not get things wrong.

Mine are just repeated, i'd fall over if i had to see the doc every month or three or whatever.. Prescription comes from psych outpatients, hard enough going in there tbh. If you do have to go to the doc, write down what you want/have to say. Loads easier that way i find..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

My depression has just worn me down. Got well many times but i just think i really cant take anymore. Just a merry go around that just takes it toll. I've got to the point where the only reason i have not checked out is my mum. And thats getting less and less due to my illness.

• Advertisement

Well still cannot sleep. But good news. I was stressing about my friends wedding in portugal. I done a 50 cent bet in the bookies on the lotto and my numbers came in, €750 return. Hope i am not dreaming.

Bohs i'm feckin delighted for you! :D Think everyone here needs some good news now and again. That's a lovely sum for clothes and spending while over there. Congrats :)

Bohs i'm feckin delighted for you! :D Think everyone here needs some good news now and again. That's a lovely sum for clothes and spending while over there. Congrats :)

Cheers, i was worrying so much as am only on illness benefit, but this has given me hope.

Will treat my family with a nice meal first and also donate money to my best friends go fund me page so he can adapt his home for his daughter who has a rare disease and will need a wheelchair as i have already mentioned on her. Maybe me donating my signed robbie keane jersey gave me some luck :)

You have a very kind heart. :)

You have a very kind heart. :)

I'm just being human. Sometimes being kind gets you nowhere. But it makes me happy. Since i ditched the ex my luck changed.

My Godson(12 year old) is staying here again so will bring him out and buy him something nice. He wants new trainers. €215 ha ha. No chance of that.

It's just a pity someone else doesn't notice that when everyone else does.

I bought MY Godson and his friend some sweets yesterday and they were so happy, that's respect. €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Guys, we need a meet up.

How many are in the Dublin area that would be willing and able ?

I'm so far from Dublin I'm afraid so I'm out

I'm in Dublin and will go.

Just finished a nice walk with my friend and our dogs, Roasting now but done me good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

These new meds have my head all over the place.

I cant deal with twitter or social media or anything atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

lbc2019 wrote: »
    These new meds have my head all over the place.

I cant deal with twitter or social media or anything atm

Did the doctor give you any valium etc to weather the storm?

Advertisement