Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Well I had a great day at the wedding. It's nice being surrounded by good people and the weather was fantastic.

I stayed until about 11pm. Had loads of food and the venue was really spectacular.

Awake now because drunk english people banging doors in hotel. Grrr
    I also had a great day on Friday at the wedding ! Couple of wobbles but controlled them Nicely!!! Stayed untill 2am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Sunset BBQ on the beach later. Testing myself again ha ha.
    But I am actually feeling confident about this because I know my friends will make me laugh which helps so much.

Had a text from the ex too earlier but it didn't put me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Hey TG1 how you doing ?

Sunset BBQ on the beach later. Testing myself again ha ha.
    But I am actually feeling confident about this because I know my friends will make me laugh which helps so much.

Had a text from the ex too earlier but it didn't put me down.

Oh that sounds lovely enjoy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Hey TG1 how you doing ?

Hey, good, went back to my old dose, but still feeling ok about it. I've had a lot of change recently, so I'll stay on the high dose for another few months and try again when life has settled down a bit.

Have had a couple of rough weeks but back on track now I think!

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    Hey TG1 how you doing ?

Hey, good, went back to my old dose, but still feeling ok about it. I've had a lot of change recently, so I'll stay on the high dose for another few months and try again when life has settled down a bit.

Have had a couple of rough weeks but back on track now I think!

Sounds like you made the right choice. Tapering when things are not on an even keel in your life just complicates things. Hope you've got the worst behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You try to do something good. Try and take a small step in the hopes of trying to ignite a fire that's long burned out. Despite all your efforts, you get swatted away like a fly without even the courtesy of being recognised as a fly, more like a spec of dirt. What is the f***ing point in even trying to do some bit of good when your efforts are all for nothing.

I don't know what the feck is going on. In Portugal and everywhere there was Buddha statues. Now I am sitting in Faro airport and a song comes on. Her favourite song.

It's like I can't escape it.

After a great weekend and feeling good i get the news that my step brother has passed away. Then today my Mother said she needs to talk to me. She broke down in tears .My Aunt who was like a 2nd Mother to me got news that Doctors can do more more and she only has a few weeks left to live.

Just when you are starting to feel better life just seems to throw more crap at you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

After a great weekend and feeling good i get the news that my step brother has passed away. Then today my Mother said she needs to talk to me. She broke down in tears .My Aunt who was like a 2nd Mother to me got news that Doctors can do more more and she only has a few weeks left to live.

Just when you are starting to feel better life just seems to throw more crap at you :(

Sorry to hear about that awful news

• Advertisement

So so sorry bohs that is so hard for you to deal with . Make sure you talk to your friends and family loads not to keep it all inside . Always here if u need a chat . Sending virtual hugs your way

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Sorry to hear your news. I hope you are handling things.

Its funny how things all can come at once. You think you are getting a handle on things and then bang. I suffered quiet badly with depression/anxiety, a lot to do with a hugely under active thyroid. I've been one of the luckier ones over the last 18 - 24 months that no longer need meds for the depression/anxiety, have managed the things that have come up. However a couple things have all come at once with me, both sibling, baby daughter, love life, finances, all within 48hrs, thats left me with that "white noise" constant brain chatter and lack of energy/desire for anything feeling.

When life wants to test you, it certainly knows how too. While you have a lot going on at the moment, be proud of yourself for that great weekend you just had, remember there will be loads more of them, even with the challenges directly ahead. Talk to friends and family.

Sorry to hear your news. I hope you are handling things.

Its funny how things all can come at once. You think you are getting a handle on things and then bang. I suffered quiet badly with depression/anxiety, a lot to do with a hugely under active thyroid. I've been one of the luckier ones over the last 18 - 24 months that no longer need meds for the depression/anxiety, have managed the things that have come up. However a couple things have all come at once with me, both sibling, baby daughter, love life, finances, all within 48hrs, thats left me with that "white noise" constant brain chatter and lack of energy/desire for anything feeling.

When life wants to test you, it certainly knows how too. While you have a lot going on at the moment, be proud of yourself for that great weekend you just had, remember there will be loads more of them, even with the challenges directly ahead. Talk to friends and family.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Yes it's true that everything just seems to come at once. Being out sick from work means finances are not good so worrying about that.
    Love life too, It was my decision to finish it though but my family and friends commended me for doing it as they knew she was dragging me down.

I just have to keep fighting, I'll never give up. There is someone out there for me to share a good life with too.

Plus i am so lucky to have such a great family and great friends.

I'll be honest, i turned to drink to stop my anxiety but it just makes everything worse. I have been talking to a new girl but taking it slowly as i want her to see the real me.

I have big decisions to make, and i hope i am going to make the right ones. That is moving forward and trying to enjoy my life like i used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

I have big decisions to make, and i hope i am going to make the right ones. That is moving forward and trying to enjoy my life like i used to.

I wont say Im doing good right now, this is the thing, although rare now its comes and hits you like a train.

The above all sounds positive, despite the other items that are going on in your life. Keep up the good work and try and focus on the good things. I gave up drink almost 2 years ago now (except for xmas dinner) best choice I ever made, both mental and physical health. Not for everyone, but certainly loving life much better without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Congrats, Im just about managing a 3 day setup but boy waking up in the morning Im finding myself riddled with fear.

Well done.every day is an achievement

Feel so alone today and sad and I should be having a nice day on my birthday
    How's everyone today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    How's everyone today ??

Little down in the dumps about what my future might look like.

How's everyone today ??
    Happy Birthday!! Why not treat yourself to something special in honour of the day. Don't dwell on the negatives .. open up to those who reach out with love to you today. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How's everyone today ??

Happy birthday! X

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Birthday stuff is strange, people celebrate age or something but not how far you have come, how each day, week, month etc you have managed to survive

• Advertisement

Birthday stuff is strange, people celebrate age or something but not how far you have come, how each day, week, month etc you have managed to survive

Birthdays can be a celebration of oneself though, an opportunity to do something nice and be kind to yourself. It's the anniversary of your existence and that is to be celebrated :)

Thanks guys great words there from ye all . Day got a bit better when my husband got home from work !

Thanks guys great words there from ye all . Day got a bit better when my husband got home from work !

Its great that you have your husband and baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

How's everyone today ??

Think they are over rated, but still. Happy Birthday.

Its great that you have your husband and baby :)

And cake and a baloon even tho Im suspicious as its a Micky mouse baloon that is the little fellas favourite:)
    And he's gone getting takeaway now . Thanks guys I really mean it

Happy Birthday.

I was just looking at a video that was on FB. Brought tears to my eyes. But it gave me hope. Feeling so low but i am going to try eat something and bring my dogs for a walk soon.

Have to fight this battle that no one can really see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NRbPuJ6OQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

How's everyone today ??

Happy Birthday.

My next one is a significant one! But 1/2 year away yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

How's everyone today ??

Happy Birthday...
    Enjoy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

How's everyone today ??

Happy Birthday...
    Enjoy ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Glad to hear you are doing well. Yes it's true that everything just seems to come at once. Being out sick from work means finances are not good so worrying about that.
    Love life too, It was my decision to finish it though but my family and friends commended me for doing it as they knew she was dragging me down.

I just have to keep fighting, I'll never give up. There is someone out there for me to share a good life with too.

Plus i am so lucky to have such a great family and great friends.

I'll be honest, i turned to drink to stop my anxiety but it just makes everything worse. I have been talking to a new girl but taking it slowly as i want her to see the real me.

You will enjoy it even more, far more than you ever did having come near to despair and darkness. Believe me on that from long experience and now treasuring every precious moment. As you will

Adversity brings strength

Advertisement