Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Talk is so important. Honestly, open up to someone, it doesnt seem like it should help but it really really does. Just get it off your chest to someone.

Bohs, thats a lovely idea! Im delighted you have good people around you, and you going to those lengths to help out shows you are a really great person too.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    There is hope out there. Go talk to someone. I turned to drink but yesterday i went to an AA meeting. My best friend brought me to make sure i went.

Now his daughter has a really rare disease but he took time to help me despite his busy life between working and with his sick Daughter.

I have a signed Robbie Keane Celtic jersey which i am going to give to him. I've had it for years but i think this will be a good gesture as they will be having a fundraiser soon to adapt their home so hopefully it will help.

That's such a lovely idea bohs . You have great support around u !it seems which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Have 2 nephews today. The one who has ASD and is 3 and and a half and my other nephew who is 8 months. First even time i have seen them smiling and interacting with each other.

Got a message on my phone too from a Thai number, ex again. Didn't read it. Brought my Nephew to the shop instead for some donuts.

Sometimes i just wish my brain was like a computer so you can delete things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Have 2 nephews today. The one who has ASD and is 3 and and a half and my other nephew who is 8 months. First even time i have seen them smiling and interacting with each other.

Got a message on my phone too from a Thai number, ex again. Didn't read it. Brought my Nephew to the shop instead for some donuts.

Sometimes i just wish my brain was like a computer so you can delete things.

Maybe time to start thinking about getting a new number mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Ugh ffs, more dreams again, even worse, why have they suddenly started over the last week? Brains are stupid.

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Ugh ffs, more dreams again, even worse, why have they suddenly started over the last week? Brains are stupid.

I know how that feels believe me ! Dreams can be so unsettling and upsetting. Has it ever been said that u might have post tramatic stress ?

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I know how that feels believe me ! Dreams can be so unsettling and upsetting. Has it ever been said that u might have post tramatic stress ?

But why now, last week apart from my Uncle dying I had a great weekend, seeing my other Uncle, making music, meeting musicians... now this week is just very real feeling dreams, haven't had any in ages. Like these amazing dreams where life was like it was 2 years ago, the worst is when you wake up.

But why now, last week apart from my Uncle dying I had a great weekend, seeing my other Uncle, making music, meeting musicians... now this week is just very real feeling dreams, haven't had any in ages. Like these amazing dreams where life was like it was 2 years ago, the worst is when you wake up.

Sometimes PTSD starts way after A bad time mabey something to look into ? It's so hard when you wake up it's like a smack in the face

Sometimes PTSD starts way after A bad time mabey something to look into ? It's so hard when you wake up it's like a smack in the face

And it doesn't set in right away, my mind is still in that dream for a couple of minutes. F'n awful. I'd rather the nightmares to be honest cause they're not real where as these dreams are like things I'm missing our could of had.

And it doesn't set in right away, my mind is still in that dream for a couple of minutes. F'n awful. I'd rather the nightmares to be honest cause they're not real where as these dreams are like things I'm missing our could of had.

That's really sad for you . So difficult. I wonder if you would go to your gp for a chat ? There is ways of helping this . You can't keep going like this it must be heartbreaking. The help is there you can do it we are all here to help you

• Advertisement

Maybe time to start thinking about getting a new number mate

It's just so much hassle letting everyone else know my new number. Have my godson with me now and he's staying over tonight.

Will keep me busy having to make dinner e.t.c. But he will just play his playstation and maybe go for a walk later with my dogs.

I just can't fathom how i done so much for my ex but i ended up being hurt. I think that's what is eating me up inside.

That's really sad for you . So difficult. I wonder if you would go to your gp for a chat ? There is ways of helping this . You can't keep going like this it must be heartbreaking. The help is there you can do it we are all here to help you

Don't be feeling sorry for me, there is far worse off people in the world.

Don't be feeling sorry for me, there is far worse off people in the world.

There is but u need to realise your going through a tough time too and it's OK to let people help you I felt so like that before I started my journey to recovery

It's just so much hassle letting everyone else know my new number. Have my godson with me now and he's staying over tonight.

Will keep me busy having to make dinner e.t.c. But he will just play his playstation and maybe go for a walk later with my dogs.

I just can't fathom how i done so much for my ex but i ended up being hurt. I think that's what is eating me up inside.

I just can't understand how she didn't see what she had u seem like such a good person . And there are not too many of them left

There is but u need to realise your going through a tough time too and it's OK to let people help you I felt so like that before I started my journey to recovery

What happened to you?

I just can't understand how she didn't see what she had u seem like such a good person . And there are not too many of them left

''You never know what you got till it's gone''

Now she understands that.
    Yes i feel sorry for her still because she had a hard life but if i had a life like that and found a girl that done the same for me i would be over the moon.

Her loss in reality. Just still hurts me trying to help someone but not get the respect.

What happened to you?

It's a long story really :( hope your ok

''You never know what you got till it's gone''

Now she understands that.
    Yes i feel sorry for her still because she had a hard life but if i had a life like that and found a girl that done the same for me i would be over the moon.

Her loss in reality. Just still hurts me trying to help someone but not get the respect.

Of course your hurt ! Hope your enjoying time with your nephew

Bohs, dont even try and fathom it. I know its easy to say but honestly, my escalation of my anxiety all happened due to one person. It was at work so less emotional investment but still.

My recovery started the morning after everything cane to a huge head. I went out to the horse, and watched the sunrise with her and really let myself acknowledge the fact that I had not caused this and the particular person had serious issues.

Since that moment things have generally been on the up for me. I've lowered my meds, I've made huge lifestyle improvements and my anxiety has been controlled. Sometimes you just have to cut yourself the slack and say I can only fix my own issues. Someone else's are for them to fix.

TG1 wrote: »
    Bohs, dont even try and fathom it. I know its easy to say but honestly, my escalation of my anxiety all happened due to one person. It was at work so less emotional investment but still.

My recovery started the morning after everything cane to a huge head. I went out to the horse, and watched the sunrise with her and really let myself acknowledge the fact that I had not caused this and the particular person had serious issues.

Since that moment things have generally been on the up for me. I've lowered my meds, I've made huge lifestyle improvements and my anxiety has been controlled. Sometimes you just have to cut yourself the slack and say I can only fix my own issues. Someone else's are for them to fix.

Your actually an inspiration to how things do get better tg how you can get better and things do improve

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »

I'm just tired of it all. Giving someone the chance of a new and better life but ends up nearly ruining my own life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hate to say it but there a recurring things in here and then ignori any advice that people give.

Then the same post again. At least boh you are doing something about it.

I know it's hard but will continue to get harder the more you don't do anything.

I'm my own worst enemy in that regard too. But you need to do something.

SMC,you may need to vent and that's okay but if you don't listen or talk to some it won't get better.

It is crazy how one person can effect your life so much, it's like on click of a finger and your live is just completely f'd by one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

petes wrote: »
    Hate to say it but there a recurring things in here and then ignori any advice that people give.

Then the same post again. At least boh you are doing something about it.

I know it's hard but will continue to get harder the more you don't do anything.

I'm my own worst enemy in that regard too. But you need to do something.

SMC,you may need to vent and that's okay but if you don't listen or talk to some it won't get better.

I'd say most of us could say that about ourselves :o I know I definitely could. Geez I'd say I nearly wrote the book on being your own worst enemy!

Think I need to talk to someone again. Well it's more like I feel the need to talk to someone. But I've spent so much money on counselling over the years and it's done nothing, that I'm just... well not scared but anxious about spending more money if it's not gonna do anything? If that makes sense?

Having a bad day today :( having a cup of camomile tea and see does that calm my head

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can't sleep, can't even lie down, exhausted, perhaps overwhelmed I don't know..

Can't sleep, can't even lie down, exhausted, perhaps overwhelmed I don't know..

What has you overwhelmed?could you write it down maybe and make sense of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'm just tired of it all. Giving someone the chance of a new and better life but ends up nearly ruining my own life.

You at some stage need to befriend the life you are in now. It is real and it is here and now. Accept the hurt, agree to it hurting. Makes a great difference. Stops the worst effects. Dilutes the pain and pushes it into better proportion

Your actually an inspiration to how things do get better tg how you can get better and things do improve
    Ah you are too kind, I dont know about being an inspiration but if I can give anyone going through a bad patch a bit of hope I'm glad.

Its not been an easy road, but learning to accept the world and work on my reaction to it rather than trying to do the opposite has been a huge step in the recovery direction. A tough, hard, rough step but a huge step.

That, asking for help and getting out of the situation that I really couldn't deal with led me to where I am now.

• Advertisement

Having another ****ty day today

Advertisement