Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Off again today :( awful weekend.
    Rang local MH services which suggested going to the hospital so I am going there now

I hope it helps, sad to hear of your struggle.. I'm online for the night if you feel like chatting here..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I hope it helps, sad to hear of your struggle.. I'm online for the night if you feel like chatting here..

How are u grem ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    How are u grem ??

Treading water really.. My days off are coming though so looking forward to relax, some cleaning and cooking then relaxing hopefully, anxiety and low mood been a pain recently

What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Does anyone find some of these counselling services religious or is it just me ? I know about mindfulness e.t.c but some just seem strange. I'm not a religious person so not so sure.

Also had a missed call on my phone from my ex's Father. But i know it wasn't him calling as he can't speak english so it was her using his phone.

I think that some things like mindfulness can have a mantra/repetition type feeling to them which would remind me of mass if that's what you are getting at?. I know i once went to a therapist and couldn't build any rapport because she reminded me of a nun (some bad experiences in the past)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Going to the hospital see what they say- waiting to see psych now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Best of luck , hopefully they can help you

I think that some things like mindfulness can have a mantra/repetition type feeling to them which would remind me of mass if that's what you are getting at?. I know i once went to a therapist and couldn't build any rapport because she reminded me of a nun (some bad experiences in the past)

Ye it does remind me of mass. I told him that i like to help other people and he told me stop doing that and look after myself. But i can't. I said it's just in nature but he said it's not. Like i have an elderly Mother recovering from a stroke, my father has dementia, My little nephew has autism, my best friends daughter has SMA and now one of my other best friends has a tumour on the brain.

How can i not help and be there for them. I know i need to help myself but i also have to be there for other people too.

Best wishes

Good luck

Treading water really.. My days off are coming though so looking forward to relax, some cleaning and cooking then relaxing hopefully, anxiety and low mood been a pain recently

What about you?

Same anxiety has been poor the past week. Mood so so . Weird kinda feeling in my tummy. In a lot of pain recently too so that doesn't help my head at all . Hanging for physio on Wednesday

• Advertisement

Thanks. Went ok. So Psych, he increased my meds. home in my own bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Thanks. Went ok. So Psych, he increased my meds. home in my own bed now.

Glad to hear that, hope you slept well

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Low moods,disappointed in the way my life turned out, going through the motions here really, I could sleep forever yet my mind wont slow down. Been to my doc today, same old chat, I really dont care anymore.

Court in the morning , feeling crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Best of luck Bohs, hope it goes okay and that you feel well enough to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

I'm sorry to jump in. I've suffered depression on and off all my life. My 14 year old daughter wants to die. Medication is not helping. Nothing is helping. We're 18 months down the road now and nothing is getting better. I never believed she would actually do it but it's so hopeless maybe she will. Is there any hope of her getting better ? Has anyone experienced this?

I feel I am having a breakdown at this stage but I can't show it

Abba987 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to jump in. I've suffered depression on and off all my life. My 14 year old daughter wants to die. Medication is not helping. Nothing is helping. We're 18 months down the road now and nothing is getting better. I never believed she would actually do it but it's so hopeless maybe she will. Is there any hope of her getting better ? Has anyone experienced this?

Has the doctor spoke about lithium? It worked wonders for me

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Court in the morning , feeling crap.

Good luck today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So my uncle dying gave me a few days of making music with my other uncle who lives the other side of the country, haven't seen him in 3 years. He also introduced me to other musicians to keep me going. And I inherited a guitar so gonna keep busy fixing that back up. It'll hopefully keep my mind doing something rather than replaying memories or going into dark places.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

I've no constructive advice to offer and I've not been in this situation but I hope you are getting support for yourself as the strain of keeping 'the best side out' for your daughter must be immense.

• Advertisement

I've no constructive advice to offer and I've not been in this situation but I hope you are getting support for yourself as the strain of keeping 'the best side out' for your daughter must be immense.

Psych last week told me im no good to her when I'm a wreck myself.... in a nicer way.

Thank you for reply.

The social anxiety side of things is really hard too. She wont be getting better lying in the bed

Has the doctor spoke about lithium? It worked wonders for me

No. It's all been very slow with medication which I can understand being children but it's literally life and death here

Only home now, stuck in court from just after 10am. I was second on the list but my barrister was late so it was put till the end.

I felt like running out of the place being stuck there for so long.

But it's all done now and i can move forward but not in a car lol.

Missed my mock exam due to a fcuking cold, couldn't face leaving the house, will be gobbling strepsils all night

Missed my mock exam due to a fcuking cold, couldn't face leaving the house, will be gobbling strepsils all night

Ah crap. It seems to be going around a lot now. Still smothering myself a bit. Trying to get more vitamins into me. Maybe a hot whiskey for a night cap ?

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Ah crap. It seems to be going around a lot now. Still smothering myself a bit. Trying to get more vitamins into me. Maybe a hot whiskey for a night cap ?

Would love one but trying to stay away from the drink!

Oh no :(
    I had that a few weeks ago as did the rest of the house - it's a horrible dose

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Psych last week told me im no good to her when I'm a wreck myself.... in a nicer way.

Thank you for reply.

The social anxiety side of things is really hard too. She wont be getting better lying in the bed

It must be so hard for you both. I find meeting friends for a chat is a real tonic, if she's unable to do that, it's a worry for you. I hope you have the support of family and friends.

Work today, went well. Very confident about my decision making. 1/2 price fish and chip day so treated my sister to a fish supper!

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing today ?

Advertisement