Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laws on no backbox?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

True I was unaware of his previous threads or previous issues therefore you could argue I defended him blindly. But people also persecuted him blindly as at the time of my first post the revelations about the brake light and constant rubbing were unknown (slight rubbing with weight in the back was said), also the routing/securing issues of the exhaust system were unknown so it wasn't clear the car was defective.
    The car can be righted fairly easily and i hope it will be. It is indeed worth decent money to some as if those wheels are genuine split rims in unblemished condition they could be worth alone close to a figure others have alluded to regarding the car as a whole.
    But true the thread has run it's course. No back box is legal if db limit isn't exceeded and if exhaust is routed and secured properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭clodola

jack-nicholson-meme-91.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=640

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

True I was unaware of his previous threads or previous issues therefore you could argue I defended him blindly. But people also persecuted him blindly/quote]

No they didn't. They checked his previous posting history and knew he was being extremely selective about what he was saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Yeah, if people could write their replies outside the
    quote box
    that would be great. Why is this thread so bad for it?

Yeah, if people could write their replies outside the quote box that would be great. Why is this thread so bad for it?

Seems to be a bug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Yeah, if people could write their replies outside the that would be great. Why is this thread so bad for it?

It's a chain reaction when one person gets it wrong and everyone else just quotes without fixing.

It's a chain reaction when one person gets it wrong and everyone else just quotes without fixing.

Nope. I only quoted one post and my reply was outside the tags and it still happened. Mobile app is still buggy as hell since the attack.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Nope. I only quoted one post and my reply was outside the tags and it still happened. Mobile app is still buggy as hell since the attack.

It's just missing the [ before the / in your quote tags. You might still be able to edit it in.

TherapyBoy wrote:
    It's just missing the [ before the / in your quote tags. You might still be able to edit it in.

Not on the app. Quoted text doesn't appear in edit mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So this thread has turned into people talking about quoting quotes :(
    Disappointed.
    Daaryl any news?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Normally I'd edit broken quote tags because they annoy me so much but tbh, I'm just hoping this thread dies and goes away. (I'm fully aware of the irony of posting in it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

Senna wrote: »
    Someone above said to remove the airbag light bulb, don't listen to rubbish like this, if someone said that on the motor forum they'd be banned for life :)
    Airbag light comes on when ignition starts and goes off after 5 seconds, inspector knows this and knows there is no airbag when one was fitted as standard.

Lads are fitting delay relays to the airbag light. When the ignition is switched on the relay switches on the light and switches off the light a few seconds later.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOXED-MINI-CAR-TIMER-SWITCH-AIRBAG-LIGHT-RELAY-1-TO-10-SEC-KIT-DELAY-OFF-12V-1A-/271143841802?hash=item3f216eb00a:g:OPwAAOSwoydWoJx~

I dont condone the practice myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

9935452 wrote: »
    Lads are fitting delay relays to the airbag light. When the ignition is switched on the relay switches on the light and switches off the light a few seconds later.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOXED-MINI-CAR-TIMER-SWITCH-AIRBAG-LIGHT-RELAY-1-TO-10-SEC-KIT-DELAY-OFF-12V-1A-/271143841802?hash=item3f216eb00a:g:OPwAAOSwoydWoJx~

I dont condone the practice myself .

I didn't realise when I wrote that but there's no actual airbag, it's an aftermarket steering wheel. So bypassing it would be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I somehow don't think the op is going to give us an update!

red sean wrote: »

Well in fairness he's got some abuse, his car has been called a sh1tbox by nearly everyone.
    Don't think he cares what anyone on here says and when I was his age, in guessing 19-21, I wouldn't have listened to people who frequented the legal discussion forum either:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

red sean wrote: »

Ah I reckon he's been spending the past few days fixing up his car, and will be back to tell us that it's passed the psv inspection, and the nct, and all is good with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Senna wrote: »
    Well in fairness he's got some abuse, his car has been called a sh1tbox by nearly everyone.

it's grand, just needs finishing touches

this though :) :

http://captiongenerator.com/79857/bmw-test1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 napsack

Honestly i hope this car gets crushed and owner has to do a course in car safety and not being a twat,

as a proper car enthusiast to see such a monstrosity and complete disregard for safety of himself and others is saddening,

people like this is the reason car insurance for any reasonably fast cars is insane, my car is my pride and joy, looks completely standard from the outside and i would never throw it around roundabouts or do do burnouts,

and as for his shopping list of parts covering the rear window... i think that was cool 10 years ago.. laughable now,

hopefully you'll see sense and look back and think WTF was i doing??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

I hate that people like this have ruined the 318 for regular drivers. Insurance quotes are astronomical because of idiots who want to destroy them instead of just appreciating what they have.

This guy reminds me of a lad I used to work with, destroyed 2 318s with all this welded diff rubbish and was constantly at me to to modify my factory standard Civic. Always on snapchat now sending videos of him and his idiot friends drifting around roundabouts in the middle of the night. I pray for the day he is put off the road once and for all.

napsack wrote:
    and as for his shopping list of parts covering the rear window... i think that was cool 10 years ago.. laughable now,

It was never cool.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It was never cool.

It was always tacky as feck, but napsack must have had it on his car 10 years ago :)

My brother had a dc2 and put a carbon bonnet on it, but the bonnet got damaged in shipping, the front left had a crack near the front. So he put a spoon sticker over the crack. A week later a fella with a crappy dc1 put a sticker on his bonnet in the exact same spot!! So the brother took it off straight away, goes to show how one person does something to a modded car and every other sheep thinks this is great and has to do the exact same.

Daaryl did you get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

bear1 wrote: »
    Daaryl did you get it sorted?

Must be crying into his cornflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

I noticed this up for sale at €3,300.

TBH it's a decent looking car, I'd rather have a lowered E36 than a ****heap bought for a few hundred with a welded diff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

DakarVert wrote: »
    I noticed this up for sale at €3,300.

TBH it's a decent looking car, I'd rather have a lowered E36 than a ****heap bought for a few hundred with a welded diff.

What's up for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Stheno wrote: »
    What's up for sale?

The car this thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DakarVert wrote: »
    The car this thread is about.

link?

I can't find anything on DD or Adverts with that car.
    Are you sure you are seeing the right one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

Can we move back on topic please or this thread will be closed.

Legal discussion only, please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement