Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Said himself he played average today but took his opportunities. :) Hope for a strong final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

He had never shot as low as a 65 in the Uspga
    Said he played better on Thursday!
    Actually....I wonder what his lowest round in a major is?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Out at 10.10 am local time today for round 4 (no re-draw), so again playing alongside D Willett. Wonder if there will be preferred lies for round 4 ?

In any case, huge advantage in only having to play 18, while most around him on the leaderboard have to play 36.

A top 10 would be a good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steve2016

Out at 10.10 am local time today for round 4 (no re-draw), so again playing alongside D Willett. Wonder if there will be preferred lies for round 4 ?

In any case, huge advantage in only having to play 18, while most around him on the leaderboard have to play 36.

A top 10 would be a good imo.

I think a top ten would be a fantastic finish bearing in mind he hasn't had one I don't think since 2012? Problem is those around him have to remain static....he will need to play well to stay in the top ten but only having 18 holes will hopefully benefit him....would be great to see him back up the good round yesterday with another strong round regardless of where that leaves him....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Paddy is teeing off at 10:10EST so actually will be off in just over an hour.

His fellow -4s arent out until 12:45EST onwards

• Advertisement

If Harrington can post -10 i'd be happy and he could have a wee squeak :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Actually....I wonder what his lowest round in a major is?
    It equals his best, 65 last year at St Andrews also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Man it would be amazing if he could do something today.
    Realistically It'd be his last real chance at another major

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Man it would be amazing if he could do something today.
    Realistically It'd be his last real chance at another major

Disagree on both points, don't think he can win from where he is but it is far from his last chance

Patty will struggle to make par on 2.

• Advertisement

Patty will struggle to make par on 2.

Great up and down on 2 for Patty.

Patty may have birdied 3, tbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Very nearly eagles the par 4 4th, a short b one now for another bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Nearly an amazing eagle from the fairway rough!! Hit the pin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Harrington started 4th before the leaders have finished 3rd round??

radharc wrote: »
    Very nearly eagles the par 4 4th, a short b one now for another bird.

Must have missed the put ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Harrington started 4th before the leaders have finished 3rd round??

How is this working with flag positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Must have missed the put ye?

Made it. Now -6!

Made it. Now -6!

Must have been 5th! Im only following on shot tracker and it playing up.

I'm going to assume that I can't possibly influence paddy's play by posting words of optimism but by Jaysus he's giving it a go...I think he's too far back to really threaten the leaders but if he keeps it together like yesterday then top ten is on...I read today that the front nine is tougher so if he keeps the momentum going, he'll have chances on the back nine....would be great to see him right up there so fingers crossed.....is there any talk of the weather deteriorating later or any other straws to grasp??

Someone said earlier that this could be his last major chance....don't believe that for a second...he's playing well and right course and right condition and everything clicking and he could nic another...it's defo a long shot but to say this is his last chance is probably premature....could easily have said it in the last couple of years before he won the Honda for example....

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

AdamD wrote: »
    How is this working with flag positions?

They went around after the final pair of the third round and repositioned them before the 4th round started.
    Must have been 5th! Im only following on shot tracker and it playing up.

No, birdied 4 parred 5.

• Advertisement

Hole 4 is a par 3. So he birdied 5 i believe.

He is now 2 under through 6.

If he can post -10 or -11 (Obviously being very optimistic here!!) he could put a bit of pressure on the leaders and he can watch it all from the comfort of the clubhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

Shot of the day out of that bunker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

If he can get to even -9 he makes the guys at the top know they can't make mistakes and leaves himself with a certain top 10 finish and puts the pressure on the guys at the top, they don't push each other along and they will be in a scrap. Come on Paddy, great warm up for the Olympics too, honestly think that has been why he is been playing better recently, he wants that gold.

Heading to the back 9, hope he can pick up a few more shots. -6 total, -2 for today.

I'll just change my name to Jinxy and shut up. :(

Nuts, I'd say any chance he had of threatening the leaders may well have gone with that unless he does a molinari on it.needs to keep it together as top ten would still be a fine weeks work...

On the subject of the olympics, I'd fancy him to do well in this kind of form. Golf is all about attitude as well as form and I'm not sure a lot of the top golfers left in the line up are necessarily thinking it's as big a deal as Harrington does. He's really determined to be there and to win and that coupled with his good form, may give him enough of an edge to be there or there abouts....what is the schedule and format by the way? Know very little about it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

For some reason I find the way paddy is wearing that hat hilarious looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Just as I post that sky sports address his crooked hat

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

This is paddy's last tournament to try get into the play offs as he is not playing again in a regular tour event and Olympics don't count . Right now he is on the line at 125 so if he could make another 2 or 3 birdies it would qualify him more than likely

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »
    Just as I post that sky sports address his crooked hat

It's for balance off the tee. :o

Advertisement