Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

2 rounds today. Think I just heard them say top 13 go through on Today FM.

He's just parred 16

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Just bogeyed 17 there now and probably needs a birdie. Par may just get him into a playoff but very tight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He's only got a bogied 18 while sitting right on the mark

Set to miss out now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

And then bogeys 18 and going to miss out just like last year . Typical paddy.

So close. Hard luck Padraig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Two further dropped shots in the last two holes. Looks like he's missed out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭moycullen14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

He would break your heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Typical Paddy is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I see paddy is trying to play in America this week. 7 over first round. Looks like he was all over the course today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

He is playing in Japan this week.
    -5 for his first round and currently 3 shots off the lead in 4th spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

If Gmac or Lowry for any reason don't play in the Olympics he should get in now! Would be great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Just finished reading the PH biography "Obsessed" by Paul Keane. Really good read. What an interesting study, and what a guy. Thanks to Ballyroan library.

blue note wrote: »
    If Gmac or Lowry for any reason don't play in the Olympics he should get in now! Would be great to see.

Gmac has confirmed he is unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

Exactly wrote: »
    Gmac has confirmed he is unavailable.

Yeah, I just saw that! I'd say he was cursing Rory after he made the announcement - would have been handy for him to be able to pretend that he'd have gone!

Ah it's great for Paddy all the same, I'll be proud to see him represent us. I wonder what the field will look like in the end!

paulos53 wrote: »
    He is playing in Japan this week.
    -5 for his first round and currently 3 shots off the lead in 4th spot

What tour is that part of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

blue note wrote: »
    Ah it's great for Paddy all the same, I'll be proud to see him represent us. I wonder what the field will look like in the end!

Surely he will pull out too though ? If not out of contempt for the Olympics, justified and all as that would be, at least for his own self esteem as a golfer. Padraig still holds ambitions of being a serious golfer and to compete with the best. With his admirable positive and competitive outlook, he will surely see himself as still one of the upper echelon in golf and withdraw as the rest of them have done.
    If he went, it would be akin to throwing in the towel and going on the Challenge Tour. And I dont think that is in P's mindset.

Surely he will pull out too though ? If not out of contempt for the Olympics, justified and all as that would be, at least for his own self esteem as a golfer. Padraig still holds ambitions of being a serious golfer and to compete with the best. With his admirable positive and competitive outlook, he will surely see himself as still one of the upper echelon in golf and withdraw as the rest of them have done.
    If he went, it would be akin to throwing in the towel and going on the Challenge Tour. And I dont think that is in P's mindset.

No offense, but I don't think you get Padraig. He was instrumental in getting golf into the Olympics and has always expressed his eagerness to play. For him, it's an absolute honour to represent Ireland in the Olympics. He's not a man to change his perspective based on what others are doing. I think it could be just the thing to get him back performing to the highest standard as he'll be really motivated, not just for himself, but for his country. I for one am just delighted he will be representing us. No finer sportsperson nor person could you wish for to fill that role.

No offense, but I don't think you get Padraig. He was instrumental in getting golf into the Olympics and has always expressed his eagerness to play. For him, it's an absolute honour to represent Ireland in the Olympics. He's not a man to change his perspective based on what others are doing. I think it could be just the thing to get him back performing to the highest standard as he'll be really motivated, not just for himself, but for his country. I for one am just delighted he will be representing us. No finer sportsperson nor person could you wish for to fill that role.

I couldn't agree more. I was going to respond to RoL's post, but you beat me to it and did it far more eloquently than I could have. In some ways, I was sorry that Rory and GMac had declared for Ireland as I was hoping to see Padraig there, but it now looks as if he's going to get a chance to represent us at the Olympics, unless Paul Dunne or Seamus Power or Michael Hoey does something extraordinary between now and the cut off date of July 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Synode wrote: »
    What tour is that part of?

Japan Golf Tour

Padraig is now -7, still 3 shots off the lead.
    A few other familiar names are playing there this week. Emiliano Grillo (-10), Charl Schwartzel (-7) and Victor Dubuisson (-6)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

paulos53 wrote: »
    Japan Golf Tour

Padraig is now -7, still 3 shots off the lead.
    A few other familiar names are playing there this week. Emiliano Grillo (-10), Charl Schwartzel (-7) and Victor Dubuisson (-6)

Paddy now on -10 and 4 shots off the lead held by Grillo. A decent field. A packed leaderboard though so would need a low one to win tomorrow.

Finished on 12 under in a 3 way tie for 9th place. Steady enough performance, with 4 rounds in the 60s.

Won't be able to listen to that. Anything interesting said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

he mentioned he won 3 majors!

delighted for him - hes probably the most suitable for the job of representing Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

PH being seriously cavalier with his health and that of his family. Surprising from a seemingly sensible and level headed man, but he does seem very out of step on this topic. Is he letting his view of representing his country and an over-rating of the Olympics colour his judgement ? It seems so to me. Maybe now that the issue is really in his face rather than judged a theoretical one when it seemed the better golfers were going, he will rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

did he not do a lot of work in trying to get golf at the Olympics in the past few years - I think I remember him talking about this at the last Olympics?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

PH being seriously cavalier with his health and that of his family. Surprising from a seemingly sensible and level headed man, but he does seem very out of step on this topic. Is he letting his view of representing his country and an over-rating of the Olympics colour his judgement ? It seems so to me. Maybe now that the issue is really in his face rather than judged a theoretical one when it seemed the better golfers were going, he will rethink.

He's not planning to have more kids in the short term... How is he being cavalier about his health or that of his family?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm not really going out on a limb here suggesting that you didn't hear any of his interviews yesterday. If you had you would have heard him say that if he gets the invite then he will definitely go and also had good response why others were not going , plus he said he felt his wife would really want him to go .

• Advertisement

No better man than Padraig to measure the real risk of contracting a virus. I'd let the medically qualified advise on that, and I'm sure he has. Honourable mention for Mrs. P.H. at this point too though. Now there's a woman who has her head screwed on. Good on you, Caroline.

Advertisement