Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well this looks like game over, another lost playoff it seems after a fluffed chip

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

And that's the end of that, should be. Harrington has duffed his chip. Cejka won't 3 putt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

That was very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭murtyd17

Must be bolloxed after that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

O well! Wasn’t to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Gutted for Harrington, hopefully third time lucky next year. He will be hurting after that one (as well as physically shattered).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

He really needs to start making hay while the sun shines.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

It is surely possible that he left the British Seniors title in N Berwick. He said himself that his missing a silly short putt could be down to tiredness. The facts are clear . He's nearly 52 -he has had a brilliant career on the regular tours but let's face it - that career is over -as in completed , finished , done. We know he is entitled to compete in the Open but what's wrong with saying -thanks folks but I'm now operating in a different arena which is my new priority.

Who would be in the least bothered if he had passed on the Open to concentrate on this week ? He can add nothing to his regular tour CV . I honestly can't see why he persists in playing any regular tour events. He can certainly have another productive 3 to 5 years yet on the Champions Tour before more 'youngsters' come flooding on to spoil the party and that should be his main focus.

Post edited by boardise on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Play The Open but skip The Scottish instead, last year he played 4 weeks in a row I remember which was madness

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

Ahh I don't know, he's 52 not 82. I know they're almost all athletes now, but it's still just golf. I think he can still be competitive on some courses and the Open is probably the event that an older guy can potentially still win. I thought he said something recently along the lines of that he can still be competitive on the main tour for another 3/4 years, but he'll still be able to compete on the seniors in 10 years when he won't be able to on the main tour so he might as well do it. Probably wants to be the oldest winner on tour I guess.

Totally agree that his CV won't really change if he adds one more win to it though, probably even if it was a Major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gaa goes

The legend that is Padraig Harrington cruising to another Champions tour victory. 5 shots clear of Bernhard Langer in the Timber Tech Championship with 2 holes to go in Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Bernhard having a mare on 18

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Finished 7 clear in the end, but respect to Langer who came JT 2nd, would have had a look in for another win had Paddy not been there

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Another win on the Champions tour for Harrington.

Finished birdie, double bogey, birdie, birdie on the final 4 holes for a 1 shot victory

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Made it a little more difficult than it should have been but that’s Padraig in a nutshell, finished off well, great birdie on par 3 17th and clutch 8ft birdie on 18 after very poor drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Scheffler Shuffle through him off balance on 18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭big_drive

Love his enthusiasm and how he still gets so excited even after all the wins over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Back on the PGA Tour this week and providing some entertainment with a shot from his knees.

Advertisement