Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Great to see Padraig playing so well with the Olympics coming up. Hero of a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

What could have been...has been fairly tentative with the putter all weekend. Showing some great form all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steve2016

Clubhouse leader!! could have done with a birdie on the last...didn't really seem to happen for him on the back nine but can't fault the effort....truth be told I'd have taken that for him before the tournament...don't think he'll stay in the top ten though...main thing would be to hang on to the top 125 position....fingers crossed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Good stuff today, should have been a few shots better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Great week. Back where he belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

T11 which puts him at 123 on the FedEx rankings, cutting it close!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

mrkiscool2 wrote:
    T11 which puts him at 123 on the FedEx rankings, cutting it close!

Seems he is playing the travellers next week so he has another chance

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Is the FedEx list finalised after tonight?

Is the FedEx list finalised after tonight?
    No, there are three more tournaments after this one and then the play-offs start. Since PH is at the Olympics he can't compete in the final "qualifying" event, so he will have to do well next week to make it. He will be on right on the edge if he gets cut or doesn't make the top 50, and someone will likely knock him out of the top 125.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

You'd imagine he's pretty unlikely to make it so. He's passing up a lot of money to go represent Ireland. Gotta love Paddy.

• Advertisement

You'd imagine he's pretty unlikely to make it so. He's passing up a lot of money to go represent Ireland. Gotta love Paddy.
    Nah, can imagine he will. In a good run of form and will want to keep momentum going for the Olympics, can see him scrapping through to the play-offs if he is playing next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

has this possibly brought him into an automatic Ryder cup position or does he have time to get there with another top 10 finish?

Where would he stand

dball wrote: »
    has this possibly brought him into an automatic Ryder cup position or does he have time to get there with another top 10 finish?

Where would he stand
    Glob no, he is miles off an automatic qualifying spot. His run of form might get him a wildcard spot but most likely he will be picked as a vice-captain (as the probability is he will be captain for either the 2018 or 2020 Ryder Cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Glob no, he is miles off an automatic qualifying spot. His run of form might get him a wildcard spot but most likely he will be picked as a vice-captain (as the probability is he will be captain for either the 2018 or 2020 Ryder Cup)

He's already a vice captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Currently 129th in the FedEx Cup rankings. I reckon he needs a top 10 finish or thereabouts this week to have any chance of making the playoffs.

If he plays as well as he did in the PGA, a top 10 finish is quite possible. Hopefully, it won't be one of those birdie fest courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Fantastic to see Paddy play so well,lets wait and see if he can improve his position in rankings long term.

On the olympics,it will be a real treat to see Paddy line up with the rest of the Irish team,for the opening ceremony.

Win or lose.

Shocking miss from Padraig from 3 feet on the 9th (it looked like less than that on Sky) and another birdie chance missed on 11, but good to see him playing such steady golf. A couple of birdies in the last 7 holes and he hopefully will be in good shape to make the cut and possibly challenge over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great interview with Padraig on Newstalk about golf and the Olympics. He is so likeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Great interview with Padraig on Newstalk about golf and the Olympics. He is so likeable.

Any chance of a link?

Synode wrote: »
    Any chance of a link?

I heard it on the breakfast show this morning but I'm certain it was a replay of an interview broadcast last night on 'Off the Ball'. Maybe not though.

I've just found this link. Skip to the part just under 'major'.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Golf_Weekly/151728/No_More_Nike_Golf_Clubs__Rich_Beem_Interview

It's not the interview that I heard though. Keep an eye out for a replay of the breakfast show or maybe even send an email.

He speaks so highly of the Olympics and has a word about some of the other players. Also, he's staying around for another week and then went on to list all of the events he's going to see. I can imagine him buying all the Olympics merchandise outside the stadium :pac:

https://twitter.com/BreakfastNT/status/761476472120967168

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

It might be the one from 28th June. Very good interview

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/146275/Padraig_Harrington_on_golfers_and_the_Zika_virus

<iframe class='nt_media_embed' frameborder='0' height='60' style='width: 100% !important; height: 60px !important;' src='//www.newstalk.com/player/embed.php?mediaType=podcast&id=146275'></iframe>

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    It might be the one from 28th June. Very good interview

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/146275/Padraig_Harrington_on_golfers_and_the_Zika_virus

<iframe class='nt_media_embed' frameborder='0' height='60' style='width: 100% !important; height: 60px !important;' src='//www.newstalk.com/player/embed.php?mediaType=podcast&id=146275'></iframe>

I don't think so. I think there was discussion of the tournament that he's in at the moment in America. Sounded very recent.

Interesting link above though. Will listen to it in full later.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Birdie for Harrington in second round to bring him to -1 overall

Looks like he's having a bit of a roller coaster today, with 2 birdies and 2 bogeys in his first 5 holes. And one of those bogeys was a reload off the tee, where he birdied the hole with his second ball.

Hopefully, he'll do enough to make the cut and stay in with a chance of making the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Nice . PH Birdies the last to make the cut

Stella89 wrote: »
    Nice . PH Birdies the last to make the cut

Great clutch putt by Padraig, particularly bearing in mind the fact that he missed a tiddler on that hole yesterday. Great display of mental fortitude.

Looks very likely he'll make it exactly on the cut mark, although it could shift one shot either way depending on the afternoon playing conditions.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Breakfast/Highlights_from_Newstalk_Breakfast/151833/What_you_missed_Harrington_Doping__Mental_Health#.V6TjOwWYpIM.twitter

Harrington's interview is halfway through this podcast. How can anyone dislike him? His positivity and genuineness is brilliant to see, and in stark contrast to some of the fake crap you get from most well known sport stars/celebrities these days.

I love his line about Ronnie Delaney and how excited he is to be going to all the other events.
    I am going to everything I can and will just love it.

I'm delighted that the others have pulled out because he genuinely wants to be there. Nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

His interview on the "Irish man abroad" podcast is excellent as well. He's always very honest in his interviews and he's very listenable.

His interview on the "Irish man abroad" podcast is excellent as well. He's always very honest in his interviews and he's very listenable.

I'm lazy :pac:

Do you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Padraig up to 20th, -4 for round so far with 2 holes to play, -5 overall. Inside the top 125 projected fedex rankings at moment...

Advertisement