Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Truckermal wrote: »
    Did you get the optional Indicator pack this time? I quite like the BMW stupid Individual pack in fairness!
    That was a great joke (I think) that I didn't realise was a joke this morning until F34 replied :o
    F34 wrote: »
    Why would I want to tell people where I’m going the peasants should just move out of the way!

You have my thanks :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That was a great joke (I think) that I didn't realise was a joke this morning until F34 replied :o

You have my thanks :pac::p

Yes it was I know the hure well hence the smart comments...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yes it was I know the hure well hence the smart comments...:D

Not knowing new BMW's I presumed you were talking about something real :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

After a long long time of having no car after the 330e I finally found a suitable replacement...apart from the extortionate tax that is. Ticks all of the boxes, touring, msport, auto, diesel and a complete sleeper of a car with 315 BHP...and most importantly it's unmolested. It's an absolute BLAST to drive! It's not everyone's cup of tea bit it's exactly what I was looking for.

It honestly feels like a new car until you look at the interior and realize its very very old, have plans for this one...

485052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice. Remapped?

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nice. Remapped?

Heavily!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nice. Remapped?

stock is 227 or 241 if steptronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Carpentry wrote: »
    stock is 227 or 241 if steptronic.

Would it map up to 315? Seems like a huge gain but maybe there are other suppprting mods

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mine is the updated (ie newer) version of that engine.

BTW Hunky - if that rear wiper is normally like that and it's not just in the middle of a wipe, remove it and reset in on the splines so it's flat and level with the bodywork. The way it is is driving my OCD mental :pac:

Mine is the updated (ie newer) version of that engine.

BTW Hunky - if that rear wiper is normally like that and it's not just in the middle of a wipe, remove it and reset in on the splines so it's flat and level with the bodywork. The way it is is driving my OCD mental :pac:

I have it fixed already! And now to get my key recoded as it sets off the alarm every time I unlock the damn thing. There’s a few niggly bits on it but they should all be done this weekend. Nothing major at all. Only passed its NCT days ago.

Yeah I read there’s plenty more power to be made but it’s not worth the hassle. It’s fine the way it is. I’m doing no more power wise to it but it will get a front brake upgrade. I’m also having squeaky ball joint bushings issue so I’ll have to get under there and somehow get grease into them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I’m also having squeaky ball joint bushings issue so I’ll have to get under there and somehow get grease into them.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Wow how times have changed. Garda standing near a burnt out car. Back in 80's and early to mid 90's it was a common thing to see burnt out cars.

Not only that but it's a Garda who has a pixelated face from playing too much Minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Bit of a project car to mess around with.

485280.JPG

485281.JPG

484651.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Lovely project. Even from your pic I can smell the interior etc....

I was in a Renault 5 turbo recently and it smelled like every old Renault. Are Porsche's of this vintage the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

You can smell all of its 36 years that’s for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Harcrid wrote: »
    You can smell all of its 36 years that’s for sure!

Well if my kids are anything to go by that’s disappointing. I’m 36 and they tell me I smell disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Took the golf out for a drive tonight as it just spent the week bringing me to and from work.

485725.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hopefully many smiles per gallon :) Don't see many GTIs in white, looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭RyanMGF

So I moved to Canada a few years ago and car wise, things are going great.

I did a factory order on this Mustang around February last year and had it 8 weeks later.

Fitted a Corsa Xtreme catback exhaust and it sounds spectacular along with some Steeda bracing underneath. GT Premium w/ Performance Package, Magneride suspension, Recaro seats and lots more. I love it.

713nIO8.jpg

My girlfriend also picked this Stinger up about 8 weeks ago:

MycssWY.jpg

And the white one is my company car:

9184-E281-47-CD-4-A9-E-B29-D-DC5-AFDB2-D2-E0.jpg

The Stinger is an absolutely outstanding car and goes like hell.

It is nice living in a country and not worrying about road tax or the price of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Treated the little Jimny to a new set of wheels and tyres recently. Just cleaned after some fun in the mud.

48330846751_a1bf70a34f_c.jpg

48330836006_fa20fb18d7_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Wailin wrote: »
    Treated the little Jimny to a new set of wheels and tyres recently. Just cleaned after some fun in the mud.

Did you have to lift it to get those to fit? They look well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Wallin that looks class :D very clean for the age too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Did you have to lift it to get those to fit? They look well.

It had a 2" bodylift when I bought it. The previous wheels were the same size but the new ones have a slightly more aggressive offset so there's a small bit of rubbing. I'm undecided whether to give it a suspension lift or just roll the wheel arches.

MidMan25 wrote: »

Thanks midman! It's spotless I have to say, and chassis has been waxoiled too so will keep rust at bay for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I like the new one too....not much change in them which I like.

Watched that earlier today. Love the new model myself. Not to be sold here unfortunately. Bringing in from the UK is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Wailin wrote: »
    Watched that earlier today. Love the new model myself. Not to be sold here unfortunately. Bringing in from the UK is the only option.

There is a minimum 12-18 month waiting list for new ones in the UK at the minute. The first examples absolutely flew out the doors of dealers all over the country.

A friend of my mother’s had a 00 Jimny from new, with some stupidly low number of miles on it, less than 20k anyway. The same lady asked a Suzuki dealer here if they could import a new one for her, and they couldn’t with the waiting list so long

Suzuki have no plans to sell it on the Irish market at all. I believe it's due to emissions which will lead to high tax so sales will be poor. Pity really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

485914.jpg

New (to me) motor I picked up yesterday. :cool:

Only a 2.0 petrol, but as its my first rear wheel drive after all these years, it'll do grand. With a 120km daily work commute it'll be interesting to see how it does on fuel - could turn out to be my wife's new car :pac: Used about a third of a tank yesterday for the 190 mile spin home.

For now I'm enjoying the almost silence when started after a string of diesel motors. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement