Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Gave her a wash after work this morning to mark 2 weeks of ownership. Apologies to anyone in Cork as it'll likely rain this evening when I'm heading to work again to undo my effort :pac:

775 miles done now, and quite happy with my purchase. Taking a little adjusting of driving style after being so accustomed to turbo diesels with their low down grunt, but the quiet refinement of petrol is making a welcome change. :)

So far I've changed the gearknob, bonnet badge and fitted tailored floor mats. Cup holders are on the way, and I'm currently debating what rear lights and grille to get for it (rear lights on boot look like someone's taken sandpaper to them while one of the grilles has a missing fin - hence looking at replacements). Radio reception is pretty much non-existent so I'll have to investigate that :confused:

Other than that it's been a pleasure so far, and hopefully will continue that way:cool:

487186.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Top Dog wrote: »
    Gave her a wash after work this morning to mark 2 weeks of ownership. Apologies to anyone in Cork as it'll likely rain this evening when I'm heading to work again to undo my effort :pac:

775 miles done now, and quite happy with my purchase. Taking a little adjusting of driving style after being so accustomed to turbo diesels with their low down grunt, but the quiet refinement of petrol is making a welcome change. :)

So far I've changed the gearknob, bonnet badge and fitted tailored floor mats. Cup holders are on the way, and I'm currently debating what rear lights and grille to get for it (rear lights on boot look like someone's taken sandpaper to them while one of the grilles has a missing fin - hence looking at replacements). Radio reception is pretty much non-existent so I'll have to investigate that :confused:

Other than that it's been a pleasure so far, and hopefully will continue that way:cool:

Nice car, had one myself for a while. Rear lights can be sorted easily with some headlight restorer or as I used myself some toothpaste!!

As for the radio, I’ve never had an e46 with anyway decent reception, I always went down the route of replacing the headunit to get better reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Nice car, had one myself for a while. Rear lights can be sorted easily with some headlight restorer or as I used myself some toothpaste!!

As for the radio, I’ve never had an e46 with anyway decent reception, I always went down the route of replacing the headunit to get better reception.
    It already has an aftermarket stereo fitted, but its one of those generic Erisin units that does nearly everything average so probably not a huge upgrade. I've read something about a signal booster in one of the rear pillars commonly failing so more research is called for.

Top Dog wrote: »
    It already has an aftermarket stereo fitted, but its one of those generic Erisin units that does nearly everything average so probably not a huge upgrade. I've read something about a signal booster in one of the rear pillars commonly failing so more research is called for.

I fitted an android tablet to mine and ran a version of android auto, best upgrade I ever made.

[IMG][/img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1252523701440840&set=a.211788922180995&type=3&sfns=mo [IMG][/img]

These were taken in the initial trial period, the fit was much better afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A rental I had last week in Italy. Nothing special about it, it had the standard trim and just the 1.4 petrol engine. But still, it's an Alfa :pac:

487433.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Love that idea of a parking space. It ensures no door dings or damage from others hitting into you.

With that said it could do with two more things - foam pads on the walls in case someone opens the car door enthusiastically and one of those collapsible bollards at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

4-D0-F8832-BF6-A-4254-8-C93-6-DB2-D7-FF6-BBD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Blue is my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

What's the initial verdict then vs the Civic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Love a good estate. Seen a mk 1 vrs estate for sale there on backroads the last year or so. Dreamers thread to start with but coming down now.

What's the initial verdict then vs the Civic?

Not nearly as chuckable, but certainly more comfortable, quieter, easier for child seat stuff, less effort overtaking.

Not totally happy with the lumbar support, regularly drive a mk7 Golf too and the lumbar support is an awful lot more pronounced. I’ve sat in the Octavia’s passenger seat and the lumbar in that is the same so I doubt it’s broken. You can feel it going in/out.
    I’m sure the seat can be torn down and some extra padding inserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not nearly as chuckable, but certainly more comfortable, quieter, easier for child seat stuff, less effort overtaking.

Not totally happy with the lumbar support, regularly drive a mk7 Golf too and the lumbar support is an awful lot more pronounced. I’ve sat in the Octavia’s passenger seat and the lumbar in that is the same so I doubt it’s broken. You can feel it going in/out.
    I’m sure the seat can be torn down and some extra padding inserted.

I'd noticed that with vag cars that the seats weren't the most comfortable

The seats on the brothers old A4, his current Superb, the Golf and my mates Passat all have good seats with good lumbar support.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Don't you be contradicting me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I had serious back ache when I drove VAG cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Probably due to the cut springs, 20 inch wheels and hanging your head half out the window listening to it go "boo"

I mean, maybe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

rizzodun wrote: »

Probably due to the cut springs, 20 inch wheels and hanging your head half out the window listening to it go "boo"

I mean, maybe. :pac:
    Ohh laaaawwwd that was it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Parting shot , :o I can honestly say this has been a fantastic car in every way.
    I would have bought another one but for the uncertainty of their future.
    Anyhow,
    Onwards and upwards.

67704113_10214405261669736_3696089717809348608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQl64qdeajNfsilb4Q25of8YIB-Ru_FhV0PiM1a1bCcaUQT1LiO8CubRFtBp67R5Oa8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=46d709b745a74ef427bb45e38c64ab61&oe=5DECDED8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Did you prefer it to the passat vectra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

What's next vectra?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Wailin wrote: »
    Did you prefer it to the passat vectra?

Debatable,
    Both were similar to drive, both were similar in terms of performance, though I would say the Passat had better pickup on the motorway due to the extra weight of the Mondeo.
    But hands down the Mondeo wins for comfort.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    What's next vectra?

Collecting it later so will post a few pics then.
    Something completely different for me this time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Would you not buy a Vectra Vectra and be done with it....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

vectra wrote: »

Collecting it later so will post a few pics then.
    Something completely different for me this time. :)

I'm going to guess it's a crossover?

Kodiak maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Camry?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

The suspense continues
    >

Kodiaq vRS

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seat Ateca would be my guess.